• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread [HOLY F**KING SH*T)

Dante

Doom_Bringer said:
dude what happened to the game you were talking about last year, Animal warfare or something? Did it get cancelled?

Animal Wars was put on the back burner to devote more resources to Lair as gfar as I know.

Metalmurphy said:
That could very well be the Factor 5 game right? MMO RTS Called Relay
It is possible. I'm not sure what SoE's relationship with Factor 5 is like for these things.
If you know more than me then take it over.

Basically this person went on to say that it is online only and has a western science fiction art style.

Sin said:
Minchia se mi piace!

Good to see Sony are still on track to fill all the voids they have in some genres. That's why I love Sony, they strive for variety from their developers. :)

It's good to see them doing other genres, but I was hoping they'd get F5 to make a freeroaming title with the engine they have.

Sin

Ma no doveva essere un forum americano questo o siamo tutti emigrati qui

GAF devours people's souls irrispevtive of nationality I'm afraid. >.<

It's good to see them doing other genres, but I was hoping they'd get F5 to make a freeroaming title with the engine they have.

I'm sure they will not let that masterpiece of an engine go to waste. ;)

Yixian

Banned
Azrael said:
Where?

On a related note, I'd love to see a version of Field Commander for PSN.

Last page, in regards to this rumored RTS game.

If it doesn't exist, it should.

Factor-5 though? lol.

Tieno said:
Is there a summary of all the nooz/leakz somewhere?
Okay I'll try, sorry if I miss anything.

PSN titles
Poker simulator
Two arcade games
- 1. Metal Slug-esque but with vechiles
- 2. Vertical style arcade shooter
MMO RTS RPG by Factor 5 and Sony online Entertainment, tentative title: Relay. This has been compared as Sony's answer to Advance Wars. Simple Western sci-fi art style. 3 vs. 3 online deathmatches with online stat tracking.

PS3
Eight Days to be episodic content - Blu Ray not ruled out
"the next" Syphon Filter game to be episodic. - Blu Ray not ruled out.
Most popular PSN titles to be featured on Blu Ray release/s
Lair delayed until early August, demo coming in June

PS2
Hard to say right now, only been mentioned once to me. I don't want this to turn into a circus bloodbath with me in the middle.

Pinch of salt on all of this.
gamersday2007@gmail.com

MMO RTS RPG by Factor 5 and Sony online Entertainment, tentative title: Relay. This has been compared as Sony's answer to Advance Wars. Simple Western sci-fi art style. 3 vs. 3 online deathmatches with online stat trackin

this has to bull shit!! I mean SOE and Factor 5 working together? :lol

SolidSnakex said:
"Side scroller game"

LBP or another sidescroller?
I'm guessing I have some messages mixed up. The Metal Slug with vechiles game sounds like the side scroller. I was thinking it would be a platformer or another game completely.

dunno if posted or not EDIT.. so of it has been.. some hasent.. still a good read

you run around adventure style normally but you don’t have a jump button as normal but it’s contextually activated just like in Zelda as in when you run off a ledge the hero jumps. When you are airborne the camera finds a cinematic view showing the hero flailing his arms..etc.

The combat system is like gears in that you take a lot of cover with blind fire and whatnot. What it does extra is that you can actually climb around and stuff during combat to reach high ground for your advantage. Melee combat is a larger aspect with a variety of close combat attacks. You’re also able to shoot while running around or even straight from a jump.
Everything you do will not look the same twice with the animation system continuesly changing stands and whatnot and every situation is reflected in the main characters facial expression.

Naughty Dog are aiming for the illusion that you never see Drake do the same thing twice and this can be achieved by a very unique feature of their engine: of the hundreds of animations, many of them can be layered on top of one another. These moment to moment combinations are possible by farming them out to the PS3’s SPUs, allowing Drake to display any number of poses, emotions, and movements all at once.

For instance, picture Drake sprinting across a wide-open area to reach cover. His running is combined with frantic dunking and dodging as bullets begin to fly from a near cliff face, He’s been running for a long-time so his frame is visibly shaking from hard breathing. Simultaneously he’s frantically reloading his rifle so he can fire back. To top this off, his face wears a combined expression of fear and determination.

On top of the characters’ clothing and faces, Naughty Dog have overlaid a wrinkle map that might best be described as a reactionary texture to the shifts in the normal map that lies beneath it. In essence, as the joints in the face or body move into new positions, the wrinkle map responds to create startling realism in both flesh and cloth.

An array of complex shaders dictate the way light interacts with objects, including some amazing sub-surface lighting, such as the diffused light of a torch behind the skin of a hand, or sunshine shining both through and around a thin leaf on a tree.

With the power of the PS3, the team can create moveable joints on objects like tree-branches, so that wind shakes them individually, casting shadows on the ground.

Furthermore, with the aid of HDR lighting, your character’s eye must adjust to drastic shifts in brightness. This means that if you make Drake stare at the sun for several seconds and then turn down and look into a cave, your ability as a player to see clearly will emulate his iris’ dilation into the darker environment.

Doel

Factor 5 would not show a new game until Lair is released. The only one of those rumors I'm believing is Lair demo in June. I think the rest are phony. (except the PSN Poker game which Sony already announced).

Doel said:
Factor 5 would not show a new game until Lair is released. The only one of those rumors I'm believing is Lair demo in June. I think the rest are phony. (except the PSN Poker game which Sony already announced).
I think that's the stance everyone should take. We all have Uncharted to look forward to one way or the other.

Doel said:

Syphon Filter is also true. There is a new SF coming but it's probably for PSP. Sony Bend did say SF would come to PS3 but now seems to early.

Also no sucker punch? Kinda sad :(

Yixian

Banned
Visualante said:
MMO RTS RPG by Factor 5 and Sony online Entertainment, tentative title: Relay. This has been compared as Sony's answer to Advance Wars. Simple Western sci-fi art style. 3 vs. 3 online deathmatches with online stat tracking.

Massively multiplayer online real time strategy role playing game? :D

Yixian said:
Massively multiplayer online real time strategy role playing game? :D
General impressions? I think the trailer is like 15 seconds long. It's not turn based. Maybe there are two games confused but that's what I gathered.

Also, you know how they put Tarrantino's name on a film.. even though he had barely anything to do with it. Maybe that's what SoE is trying to do here.

Yixian

Banned
Doel said:

Didn 't they say they've been working on a PSn title for some time?

Also, if Sony is involved, maybe they are wanting to announce it now?

Meh, probably wishful thinking, but these rumors are better than sweet FA right now.

Jim

The GAF server is already crying out in pain. I expect it to just get worse from now through tomorrow morning some time.

Heavenly Sword- Multiplayer Possibility, 90% Completion

There’s no multiplayer mode in Heavenly Sword as our focus was always to create an intense personal experience; it would have been too damn complex to deal with that as well,” Antoniades told Eurogamer. “We did, however, develop the combat system using multiplayer test levels, as it’s a great way of soak testing and balancing it.”

“So who knows? Maybe we will decide to go down that route sometime soon. And when we do, it won’t just be slapped-on to please marketing tick-boxes. You can be assured that we have our sights on multiplayer.”

“Heavenly Sword is around 90 per cent complete at the moment, reckons Antoniades, with mainly testing and bug finding to do before its September launch. And he’s confident that Ninja Theory has used the extended development time to really wrestle an impressive performance from Sony’s new console.

“We are pushing it bloody hard - that’s for sure!” he promised. “But this is our first-generation engine for PS3, so there’s certainly a lot more in the machine to give. And, more importantly, there’s more in us to give it.”

We’ll be bringing you our full interview with Tameem Antoniades tomorrow morning.”

As you can see, the game is 90% complete , so we could hope to see something concrete soon, or at least at the next E3 which is scheduled for July.

Visualante said:
I'm guessing I have some messages mixed up. The Metal Slug with vechiles game sounds like the side scroller. I was thinking it would be a platformer or another game completely.

Sounds pretty cool. I wonder if they're going to use high res sprites or just go the Contra route and use 3D graphics on a 2D field.

Greg

Phoenix Down said:
“So who knows? Maybe we will decide to go down that route sometime soon. And when we do, it won’t just be slapped-on to please marketing tick-boxes. You can be assured that we have our sights on multiplayer.”
Summary: GO GO PSN - DOWNLOAD THAT CONTENT FOR CASH DOLLAR BEEEEEEELS! :lol

Busty

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
this has to bull shit!! I mean SOE and Factor 5 working together? :lol

Agreed. Factor 5 working on an RTS sounds plausible, but having them team with SOE? I seriously doubt it.

SCEA and SOE don't get on at the best of times, there's no way they'd share their candy with each other now.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Visualante said:
I think that's the stance everyone should take.

Then why post these 'leaks' if we're assuming they're phony..

I really do hope no one is taking that stuff seriously. Anyone could send anything to that email address.

megateto

Visualante said:
PS2
Hard to say right now, only been mentioned once to me. I don't want this to turn into a circus bloodbath with me in the middle.

Is it my lack of English skills or is there something missing in there?

Kafel said:
What about these big games with episodic content ?

Is it because of bigger costs than expected ??

For a title like 8 Days, episodic content over PSN would be an awesome way to distribute the game. Maybe charge $15 for the first "day," and then release a new episode every month or so for $6/day for the remaining 7 days. And then later release a BD version of the game with all the episodes on one disk.

Jim said:
The GAF server is already crying out in pain. I expect it to just get worse from now through tomorrow morning some time.

ninja12is8.jpg

Valkyr Junkie said:
For a title like 8 Days, episodic content over PSN would be an awesome way to distribute the game. Maybe charge $15 for the first "day," and then release a new episode every month or so for $6/day for the remaining 7 days. And then later release a BD version of the game with all the episodes on one disk.

That is EXACTLY what i was thinking~!

Hopefully 8 Days = 8 Episodes, or something... :)

Busty said:
Agreed. Factor 5 working on an RTS sounds plausible, but having them team with SOE? I seriously doubt it.

SCEA and SOE don't get on at the best of times, there's no way they'd share their candy with each other now.

yeah I also doubt Sony showed 8 days at this event. Seems like the guy is getting a lot of bullshit

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Phoenix Down said:
you run around adventure style normally but you don’t have a jump button as normal but it’s contextually activated just like in Zelda as in when you run off a ledge the hero jumps. When you are airborne the camera finds a cinematic view showing the hero flailing his arms..etc.

The combat system is like gears in that you take a lot of cover with blind fire and whatnot. What it does extra is that you can actually climb around and stuff during combat to reach high ground for your advantage. Melee combat is a larger aspect with a variety of close combat attacks. You’re also able to shoot while running around or even straight from a jump.
This looks like the new info for Uncharted. At least new to me. I never read the description of how the game controls, not in GI, not in EGM.

Busty

Banned
gofreak said:
Then why post these 'leaks' if we're assuming they're phony..

I really do hope no one is taking that stuff seriously. Anyone could send anything to that email address.

Though I agree that we're basically spinning our wheels by posting these 'rumours' and then discussing them, but at the end of the day it's quite interesting to see what people are sending in regardless of whether it's true or not.

Purplemonkeydishwasher

It seems that all of the stuff posted so far is very plausible. I think that once the embargo lifts one of these 'insider' scoops will have turned out to have been real.

Hey, at least it's better than posting GIFs of toddlers being kicked into the air? Right.....?

Doom_Bringer said:
yeah I also doubt Sony showed 8 days at this event. Seems like the guy is getting a lot of bullshit

If it is indeed a PSN title then it sounds plausible. If not, then E3 will be the place for it.

Top Bottom