• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread [HOLY F**KING SH*T)

pswii60

CU872398.jpg

INTRO

E3 as we knew it is no more but for PlayStation fans the excitement is still present this May. On the 14th to 16th Sony will be holding a very large event in Santa Monica where a ton of future PS3, PSP & PS2 games will be displayed. It's a press invite only affair with the info embargoed until 12:01 am EST May 17th (early Thursday morning) but you never know what might pop up online be that the internet or the PlayStation store which got a worldwide revamp on May 8th. The event will cover 1st party games and most likely a select few third party games but whatever happens we can all expect massive amounts of media, impressions and possibly new announcements from the result of this show. SCE WWS is the biggest first party force in the world, let's see what they have been brewing on.

AFTER-SHOW NOTES

The show has been and gone and the info was finally un-embargoed today at 12AM PST. Sites like GameTrailers and GameVideos have plenty of HD videos for you to drool (and I mean drooooool) over. News and info on third party games at the show (Stranglehold etc) will become available later today.

There were dozens of more games shown so keep an eye on the various gaming sites.

SUMMARY

● SOCOM: Tactical Strike announced for PSP, strategic departure with mechanics reminding of the Brother in Arms/Full Spectrum Warrior games. (Article, Screens)
● NBA08 announced for PS3, PSP & PS2, focus on online & ai improvements. (Article, Screens, Video)
● Uncharted: Drake's fortune for the PS3 is finally playable and it looks amazing! (Article, Screens, Video)
● Surprise! Socom: Confrontation announced for the PS3 and is coming this fall on both PS Store and Blu-ray disc. (Article, Screens, Video)
● Ratchet & Clank Future looks great and it's coming out for the PS3 this fall. (Article, Screens, Video)
● SingStar was playable for the PS3. Releasing this June in EU and later this year in the US. (Article, Screens)
● Heavenly Sword looks stunning & epic and seems to play faster than before. (Article, Screens, Video)
● Warhawk is opening up for a public Beta next week (check e-mails), also new desert environment shown. Hot multiplayer action. (Beta, Article, Screens, Video)
● Jeanne D'arc is coming to the PSP, great looking RPG by Level 5. (Article, Screens, Video)
● God of War: Chains of Olympus makes consoles tremble in fear of what the PSP is capable of doing. (Article, Screens, Video)
● Folklore for the PS3 looks great and supposedly plays great as well. Sony's big Action RPG for the year. (Article, Screens, Video)
● Home Beta was available for everyone to try out. EU beta testers leeching onto GamersDay players for pre-embargo info. (Article, Screens, Video)
● Eye of Judgment for the PS3 is releasing this fall and card collectors and live video stream blotters are in for a new addiction. (Article, Screens, Video)
● High Velocty Bowling announced for PSN. Motion controlled. (Article, Video)

Thanks to Wollan for all the OP info, Amir0x for fomat

Ploid 3.0

Oh wow, Heroes, and Sony gamer day in the same day. Shall be a awesome day, can't wait. Got my eye on Lair, R&C, Warhawk, and uncharted.

theBishop

Banned
I hear Sony is going to make the long-awaited announcement that PS3 is, in fact, DOOMED!!!! BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!! :D

isn't this thread a little premature?

Majmun

I'd like to see new Sony games.

Wipeout Ps3, Gran Turismo 5 and a new Team Ico Ps3 game please. Even a slight teaser is just fine.

rubso

Banned
theBishop said:
I hear Sony is going to make the long-awaited announcement that PS3 is, in fact, DOOMED!!!! BWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!!! :D

isn't this thread a little premature?
I knew this day was coming, theBishop would turn to an Anti-Sony or "something"
j/k
yeah, looking forward to Sony gamers day.

tanod

when is my burrito
Orobi said:
Waiting for first ingame pics and info about Killzone 2.

KZ2 @ E3 in July. That's what they said at GDC, so I don't think there is any reason to expect otherwise.

EDIT: BEATEN :'(

Ceb

I don't think we'll see LocoRoco PS3 at this event. Tsutomu Kouno will be doing a speech at the Nordic Game expo in Sweden on the 15th. I just figure that he'd be there to talk about it if they were going to unveil it.

Maybe we'll get a glimpse of it in that speech though? Paulina Bozek from Sony's London Studio will show off some Singstar PS3 stuff in her keynote.

Btw, I hate embargoes.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
theBishop said:
The
$600
Console War is Over. Sony wins by default.

Steroyd

Second said:
I'd like to see new Sony games.

Wipeout Ps3, Gran Turismo 5 and a new Team Ico Ps3 game please. Even a slight teaser is just fine.

Team ICO game would most likely be unveiled at TGS in September.

would like to be surprised but I'm too pessimistic of that game being shown the light of day bar confirmation that Team ICO is working on a new game.

Can someone please explain to me the point of embargos in the first place? I'm not being a jackass, I'm just apparently stupid. Is it marketing reasons? I seriously don't know what the point of holding these events is when no one can say anything until a certain time.

mabuza

Banned
Stench said:
There had better be some leaks or something, 'cuz a total embargo until Friday is BULLSHIT
i'm sure there will be impressions and such. which will be good enough for me

Steroyd said:
Team ICO game would most likely be unveiled at TGS in September.

would like to be surprised but I'm too pessimistic of that game being shown the light of day bar confirmation that Team ICO is working on a new game.

yeah, I'm trying not to get my hopes up either.

Hell, I'd actually be surprised if we see it as soon as September.

ALL HAIL YOLDA!

I don't think WipeOut is ready to be shown. I will of course be pleasantly suprised if we could have a trailer.
Stench said:
There had better be some leaks or something, 'cuz a total embargo until Friday is BULLSHIT
Shane will be bursting.

@Team ICO. Yeah TGS for sure.

Luckyman

Banned
IGN said:
Sony Computer Entertainment will hold a massive (and we're talking huge) San Diego press event next week that will highlight dozens upon dozens of upcoming PS3, PSP, and PS2 titles.

Dozens? Seems like it´s not all just first party.

Ceb

They'll probably only show the fall lineup. It would be really cool if they did treat this like a E3 replacement, giving us teasers of some late 2008 stuff and updated showings of games like Eight Days, Wipeout and Getaway.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
brandonh83 said:
Can someone please explain to me the point of embargos in the first place? I'm not being a jackass, I'm just apparently stupid. Is it marketing reasons? I seriously don't know what the point of holding these events is when no one can say anything until a certain time.
It's to test the loyalty among the ranks. Wollan's about to defect, for example.

Maggot9

Banned
pswii60 said:
OK so with all the talk I thought it was finally time to create the one and only:

Official Sony Gamers Day 2007 Thread

What else is likely/possible...

- Release dates for HOME, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Singstar, LittleBigPlanet, Warhawk, Ratchet, Uncharted... Metal Gear Solid 4?

- PSN game announcements and revealings including LocoRoco PSN

- PSN Store enhancements - Singstore, movie/music downloads?

- New first party game official announcements - The Getaway?

- More info on third party exclusives - FF XIII?

/IMG]

Is this just your own speculation?

bud

ANY CHANCE OF SH5 NUGGETS!!??

re5 debuted at the gamers day too...(i know, capcom is not konami lol)

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
From Playfrance

Sony Gamer' S Day 2007 will take place the next week with San Diego. Sony Computer Entertainment America will benefit from the event to reveal its next plays PlayStation 3, Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction, Uncharted Drake' S Fortune, Lair, Eye of Judgment, Warhawk or Heavenly Sword to quote only them. In addition, the last titles of PlayStation 2 and the future bombs of the PSP (God of War at the head) should also be festival. Let us hope that some very good surprises are also with the menu.

Maggot9

Banned
bud said:
ANY CHANCE OF SH5 NUGGETS!!??

re5 debuted at the gamers day too so who knows.

lol..for some reason, i love when games get announced on seemingly random ass days. theres just something about getting home from school, checking the forums, and seeing a

"SH5 ANNOUNCED! screenshots/gameplay details inside! *56k warning*" thread title

dontcha think?

:)

Majmun

brandonh83 said:

Yeah, sounds like desperation. But I need to know the game excist. :/

But I always get my hopes up when a big show nears. And I always get kinda underwhemed in the end. So I'm not going to talk about this Team Ico game anymore.

Top Bottom