• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So shagg_187 is news worthy...

http://www.techradar.com/news/gamin...ore-only-100-games-and-apps-at-a-time-1125830

Amusing seeing as I though this was pretty much known since the start.

------------------

Anyway im pretty hooked on EDF. Just to damn funny and crazy. Doesn't have much online presence at all at the moment though. Would be fantastic if that gets better. Basically never seen a verses mode game up (dont even know how it works) and only seen 3 coop games tops up at once. Luckily its still a blast in single player.

With regards to persona 4 I tend to just go in on the first day. Get as far as I can on 1 SP bar. Sleep and go back in the next day and repeat till its done. Normally only takes 3/4 days tops. In P3P i just healed and did it all in the first day but the fox is a lot more expensive at this stage in the game. Although I have done a few quests for him so is a bit more reasonable in price.

However I then realise I can sell all the materials found in the dungeon, became loaded and had tons of new items I can buy. So maybe il go back to my P3P strat and do it all on one day. Either way My stats are already prett high and I have maxed out Chie-Kun's social link. Gotta work on my other party members more now for fighting bonuses.

If anyone can tell me how much I have left to go (Im guessing a fair bit yet as im only about 30 hours in) I have
completed the dungeon where you get teddy as a real member of the group and his human form

EDIT ****

TOP OF THE PAGE

Get EDF. Its Craptastically amazing and worth the price.

Takao

Banned
Shagg is entitled to complain about the game limit. The embarrassing thing is video game journalism reporting this as news when it was revealed back in 2011.

PaulLFC

Anyway im pretty hooked on EDF. Just to damn funny and crazy. Doesn't have much online presence at all at the moment though. Would be fantastic if that gets better. Basically never seen a verses mode game up (dont even know how it works) and only seen 3 coop games tops up at once. Luckily its still a blast in single player.
Namco only have themselves to blame trying to sell it for that price.

Shagg is entitled to complain about the game limit. The embarrassing thing is video game journalism reporting this as news when it was revealed back in 2011.

Thats my point lol. He has every right to complain, but how did the "news" only just get hold of this when its been a known issue from basically the beginning.

Takao

Banned
We're going to be seeing that again later today as video game news sites scurry to write an article on Sony selling their US HQ in New York. This is in spite of the fact that Sony conducts its' video game business in a California based building, which is completely unrelated to the New York one ... Connecting them selling their US division to video games is more than a stretch unless these sites are under the whole "Sony spending/making/burning money is news" mantra and posted stories about them buying chunks of Olympus, and that record label last year.

Anywhos, it appears Soul Sacrifice will be receiving a lot of free post launch DLC. The plan is to add more monsters. http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-24088.html

mrklaw

MrArseFace
they mentioned when talking about the NA psn website coming that they wanted to bring auto downloads from the web store to the ps3, perhaps this is that and it's going to launch with the NA store, and they are running into some troubles...
see happy thoughts, they are better than hacked again thoughts,

though given I don't play much online, I totally wouldn't mind a new welcome back package >.>;

that would be cool, and should just need backend changes - PS3 already has an options for 'download recommended demos etc', so it is pinging a server somewhere to look for recommendations, would be relatively easy to tag on your undownloaded purchases to that queue.

Sid

We're going to be seeing that again later today as video game news sites scurry to write an article on Sony selling their US HQ in New York. This is in spite of the fact that Sony conducts its' video game business in a California based building, which is completely unrelated to the New York one ... Connecting them selling their US division to video games is more than a stretch unless these sites are under the whole "Sony spending/making/burning money is news" mantra and posted stories about them buying chunks of Olympus, and that record label last year.

Anywhos, it appears Soul Sacrifice will be receiving a lot of free post launch DLC. The plan is to add more monsters. http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-24088.html
The game already seems to have a LOT of content,that is great news

zulux21

that would be cool, and should just need backend changes - PS3 already has an options for 'download recommended demos etc', so it is pinging a server somewhere to look for recommendations, would be relatively easy to tag on your undownloaded purchases to that queue.

yup btw the source for that info was

given how slow sony is with things it's very doubtful it's that, but stranger things have happened.

just as long as it's back up by next weds I don't care to much lol.

FourMyle

Wow this is awesome. I really hope this game hits the US this year.

Takao

Banned
Wow this is awesome. I really hope this game hits the US this year.

SCEA, and SCEE confirmed they're bringing Soul Sacrifice abroad. Sony published games rarely take longer than a few months to be released internationally. The only cases where their games take ages are from Level-5, and that's because Level-5 sucks, and likes to do additional work on their games for the western release. Soul Sacrifice isn't made by Level-5, and as a March release in Japan I'd say it's safe to say it'll be 2013 in the west.

zulux21

SCEA, and SCEE confirmed they're bringing Soul Sacrifice abroad. Sony published games rarely take longer than a few months to be released internationally. The only cases where their games take ages are from Level-5, and that's because Level-5 sucks, and likes to do additional work on their games for the western release. Soul Sacrifice isn't made by Level-5, and as a March release in Japan I'd say it's safe to say it'll be 2013 in the west.

I really don't see why taking the time to improve the game for the western release even though it takes a bit longer for it to release would be grounds for saying they suck. I can wait a little longer for a better quality product.

Anyways I figure soul sacrifice will be a summer release. It will be away from monster hunter, but not in the heavy hitters/ new consoles of this fall that way.

Takao

Banned
I'm not saying Level-5 sucks because they re-balance their games for western release. I'm just saying Level-5 sucks in general, AND re-balances their games for western release.

STG

It's been true for most of the last 6+ years. Why do I not have dark cloud 3 by now and instead I keep getting shitty white knight games? Where is jeanne d'arc 2 instead of layton 16?

well I got DQ8 and DQ9 so I can never ever accept that level-5 is "sucking"

zulux21

I'm not saying Level-5 sucks because they re-balance their games for western release. I'm just saying Level-5 sucks in general, AND re-balances their games for western release.

It's been true for most of the last 6+ years. Why do I not have dark cloud 3 by now and instead I keep getting shitty white knight games? Where is jeanne d'arc 2 instead of layton 16?

you both are just jelly that layton is on the DS/3DS instead of vita :p

also so far the reception of ni no kuni is very positive, like possibly top jrpg of the HD generation positive o_O;

Derrick01

Banned
These are both Sony IPs, aren't they? Why not continue the series on their own?

Idk SCEJ. That's the most coherent answer I can think of when it comes to them this generation.

you both are just jelly that layton is on the DS/3DS instead of vita :p

also so far the reception of ni no kuni is very positive, like possibly top jrpg of the HD generation positive o_O;

Nah I played a layton game on DS and was bored out of my mind, it's not for me. But I was surprised by ni no kuni earlier in the week and I'll be getting it Tuesday.

Long time GAF and especially VitaGAF lurker, finally got my account appoved today. :)
Thought my first post had to be in this fantastic thread :D

Have had my Vita since Day 1 and it's an amazing piece of kit and deserves all the love it can get and to do much better saleswise.

Don't have a lot of Vita games yet, my library so far:

Uncharted: GA (traded when it got PS+'ed)
Gravity Rush (traded when it got PS+'ed)
Wipeout 2048
Super Stardust Delta
Motorstorm RC
Mutant Blobs Attack
Escape Plan
PS+ games

Looking forward to these games this year:

Velocity Ultra
Sly 4
Killzone Mercenary
Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway

darkwing

Long time GAF and especially VitaGAF lurker, finally got my account appoved today. :)
Thought my first post had to be in this fantastic thread :D

Have had my Vita since Day 1 and it's an amazing piece of kit and deserves all the love it can get and to do much better saleswise.

Don't have a lot of Vita games yet, my library so far:

Uncharted: GA (traded when it got PS+'ed)
Gravity Rush (traded when it got PS+'ed)
Wipeout 2048
Super Stardust Delta
Motorstorm RC
Mutant Blobs Attack
Escape Plan
PS+ games

Looking forward to these games this year:

Velocity Ultra
Sly 4
Killzone Mercenary
Soul Sacrifice
Tearaway

you forgot NGS2+

Hanmik

anyone here who has played all the older Sly games..? is there any known trick (or good way) to finding all the bottles in those games..?

Carl

Glad you can´t use your foot to kick my ass.. ;o)

Just asking because I HATE it when I´m only missing one freaking bottle in a level, and have used multiple hours searching for that bottle.. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

HEHEHE

There's no trick that i know of. They were all pretty easy to find in previous games.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Can't find a collectible in a Sly game?! I'm proud of you, that's quite the achievement! :p

Hanmik

Can't find a collectible in a Sly game?! I'm proud of you, that's quite the achievement! :p

lol .. I platinumed the first Sly game on PS3 in my first playthrough... but this game.. lol not as easy .. some of those trophies makes me glad that I have the selfcontrol not to throw my Vita..

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
lol .. I platinumed the first Sly game on PS3 in my first playthrough... but this game.. lol not as easy .. some of those trophies makes me glad that I have the selfcontrol not to throw my Vita..

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you where talking about the first Sly. Should have read and known better :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom