• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 4| EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyari

The word from those who have seen prelims is that the minifigs have the short legs, used on Hobbits and children.

OKN05kj.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
The upcoming super-hero racers are called "Mighty Micros":

DC Super Heroes:
76061 Mighty Micros: Batman vs Catwoman
76062 Mighty Micros: Robin vs Bane
76063 Mighty Micros: The Flash vs Captain Cold

Marvel Super Heroes:
76064 Mighty Micros: Spiderman vs Green Goblin
76065 Mighty Micros: Captain America vs Red Skull
76066 Mighty Micros: Hulk vs Ultron

The word from those who have seen prelims is that the minifigs have the short legs, used on Hobbits and children.

They will make good trick-or-treaters in Halloween MOCs.

DC Super Heroes:

Marvel Super Heroes:

Interesting about the short legs. Are they kid versions of the super heroes? That would be interesting. Or are they short legs so they can stand them in the micro vehicles instead of putting just the torso on the vehicle. I can see it being to fit the figure in the vehicle securely as the leg assembly has a much longer "stud" to hold the torso. If they just stuck a torso on the vehicle, the clutch wouldn't be as strong and they'd keep falling off.

I would be interested in kiddy versions of the super heroes. Basically for the dudes, it would have the normal logos without all the muscles and no breasts for catwoman.

EDIT:

Seems like they aren't kiddie versions. Bane seems like it will be the same Bane from the latest Batcave and LEGO Dimensions.

Maybe this has been discussed before, but I think early 2000s is when Lego was having some real issues with its direction and not doing so well financially. Those were my "dark ages" and I wasn't really aware of what was going on, but sometimes I wonder if the same thing is repeating itself. Granted, I feel like Lego is producing more hits than misses right now, but the sheer number of lines and sets coming out... Maybe it's always been this way and I just didn't realize it when I was younger?

My concern is that they are stretching themselves too thin, and that the recent issues with recalls and increasing reports of missing pieces are indicative of this.

I'm also concerned about the parts quality coming from their newer factories.

I spoke with the owner of my local LEGO specialty store last weekend and he thinks this is exactly what is happening.

The color quality is really taking a hit - he showed me a ton of variations that he's been tracking and it's brutal. Also interesting is the reduction in wall thickness on the bricks - if you compare a recent 2x4 brick to one from a few years ago the walls are simply thinner.

They're stretching themselves way too thin and they can't sustain this, in my opinion.

-Misprinted BTTF & Batman sets
-That recalled Wall-E.
-The fact that CMFs aren't nearly as nice in quality as the figures from sets.
-Cracked 1x1 tiles
-Modern bricks don't have the reinforcements between the walls and the tubes

The misprints were years ago, to be fair. Also, while Series 12 (and 11? can't remember) had some shoddy plastic, 13, 14 and the Simpsons are great. There has been some random sets with bad colours and such now and then for a long time, even since the rebirth. We're seeing complaints because we look around all over the world. Your average parent isn't likely to come across errors so the brand stays strong.

A greater, more immediate concern is that they can't produce enough to keep this year's series on the shelves while also taking care of the Star Wars juggernaut. If more series end up like Jurassic World (and maybe Scooby Doo?), there could be a lot of scalping troubles ahead. If retailers simply can't get enough stock for Christmas, they'll turn to off-brands to fill the shelves. And that's something that affects your average consumer.

Then again, shortages are better than overall reduced quality.

BigHow

Neo Member

DC Super Heroes:

Marvel Super Heroes:

There go my dreams of getting a classic Hulk minifig. Back to searching eBay for that polybag... :(

willp2003

There go my dreams of getting a classic Hulk minifig. Back to searching eBay for that polybag... :(

I assume you mean the polybag from a few years ago? There's supposed to be a new polybag coming out at the end of the year with a different version (5003048)

ghostmind

Continuing CM4Sci's prelims artwork series, we have Ninjago:

MUmNkIJ.jpg

70604 Tiger Widow Island

IUmMXwq.jpg

70602 Jay's Elemental Dragon

Is that a classic monkey I see? Is this going to be tropical pirate-themed? Oh god...

BigHow

Neo Member
I assume you mean the polybag from a few years ago? There's supposed to be a new polybag coming out at the end of the year with a different version (5003048)

Yeah, I wanted to get a classic Purple Pants Hulk in minifig form. I'm definitely still getting the MCU version whenever that polybag shows up at my TRU, but as an long time comic fan, I always prefer the comic versions of the characters whenever I can get them.

I really should just get the keychain and then swap hair...

Continuing CM4Sci's prelims artwork series, we have Ninjago:

MUmNkIJ.jpg

70604 Tiger Widow Island

IUmMXwq.jpg

70602 Jay's Elemental Dragon

Is that a classic monkey I see? Is this going to be tropical pirate-themed? Oh god...

I love the artwork spoilers!

Awesome that they seems to be continuing with brick built dragon heads.

I hope that hot air balloon isn't the proper proportions. I am hoping it uses the Friends hot air balloon mould in a good color.

Big fig Shredder!

As you stated earlier, LEGO is spreading itself thin. They are probably eating into it's own market a bit too much. I am forced to cut back and choose themes and sets as I assume kids have to also.

EDIT: I hope the classic monkey has eye printing and maybe other face features. That's my only complaint about the classic monkeys I have.

Ponn

Banned

BOOOOOOO!! I thought this might be a cheap way to get Green Goblin.

The topic about quality control is interesting because I was just thinking the same thing last night. With the reports of bad tags in the Dimensions thread and the recent Wall-E problems it was making me question what is up with Lego. I was ready to go all in on Dimensions this weekend and then those bad tags kept popping up and now i'm weary of dropping money on it and being disappointed by bad sets. I'm also really down on the very short play time of the level packs which are half the price of regular full games. Are we seeing Lego being run by President Business or something?

My wetwired order showed up today, much to my surprise. I was beginning to think maybe it was lost in transit coming so far.

I totally forgot there was a sticker sheet as well.

Amazing work. Very happy I picked up a set. Thanks again for doing this Brent! I can't wait to incorporate them into my Haunted House build this year.

Taisaijin

Any confirmation to the Creator Expert rumors making the rounds? Big Ben replacing Sidney Opera House and a modular street bank (presumably a corner) coming in April?

ghostmind

Any confirmation to the Creator Expert rumors making the rounds? Big Ben replacing Sidney Opera House and a modular street bank (presumably a corner) coming in April?

There were some clues dropped at EuroBricks by someone who has proven to be a reliable source of insider information.

"You can fly" is a reference to Peter Pan, hence Big Ben. The Sydney Opera House never sold well, and Tower Bridge has recently been repackaged with the new Creator Expert branding, so the two would make a killer combo.

"A place to save your money" is being interpreted as a modular bank. The corner part is conjecture. I know many were looking forward to an arcade, but a bank is much more in keeping with the theme of the modulars.

Also, the user mentioned that the VW T-1 Camper Van has also been repackaged with the current Creator Expert branding, so expect it to stick around with the MINI and the F40.

Ponn

Banned
"A place to save your money" is being interpreted as a modular bank. The corner part is conjecture. I know many were looking forward to an arcade, but a bank is much more in keeping with the theme of the modulars.

Oh man, that would be so awesome. Villains need a bank to rob.

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Oh god Big Ben. I have tower bridge and the small Big Ben, so this would be a must buy. But just like the small set, the tower alone wouldn't be enough - it needs some of he Houses of Parliament to give it context. If they don't do that, I'm scared I might try and mod it in and that would be crazy expensive compared to the small set.

Friends hot air balloon gets used in the zeppelin set. Yes, a zeppelin set. Ninjago is on fire of late.

Darn you Ninjago!!! Has there ever been a non-evergreen non-licensed LEGO theme that went on this long? It's killing my wallet.

I guess Chima is also another long lasting theme in that vein. Anyone know if that did well, decent, or just OK. I would guess it fell very short of expectations, but not horrible enough to stop making them until end of the series.

Oh the irony. Spend a ton of $$$ to get a modular bank to save your money.

I would be very happy with a bank. I think that is one of the top 5 most common guesses of a future modular.

Anyone here built the Scooby Lighthouse? I am looking at it and wondering whether i should get it as a display piece, i love the look of lighthouses but the Friends one was a little too .... pink for me i think so this might fit the bill?

Anyone here built the Scooby Lighthouse? I am looking at it and wondering whether i should get it as a display piece, i love the look of lighthouses but the Friends one was a little too .... pink for me i think so this might fit the bill?

I built it. The lighthouse itself is good, not great. The rock formation with hidden cove is great. I bought the whole line as my daughter is crazy for "Scooby and the Gang". I'd say it's a solid set with the Mystery Machine and Mansion being the best of the line. It's a solid third place set in the theme.

Hoping we see more sets beyond this wave. Too bad we won't see Josie and the Pussycats x Mystery Inc.

Tendo

My wife built that and the castle for our shelves. They look great as Halloween decorations She enjoyed them!

Lighthouse was a solid, if unspectacular build. It looks really nice once done though, and has a great color scheme as well. And hey, exclusive fake monster figures in it.

Right, that cements my eventual purchase once it drops a little in price i guess... Hopefully it won't take TOO long since i'm kinda scared they will disappear rather sooner than later.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just got a email at some of my VIP points are expiring. Is there anywhere to see when, and how many? Would prefer not to spend all of them just yet (nothing I need) so if it's only a few I might let them lapse

Edit: screw it, bought the White House and got the free freaky tiger. Will go well with my United Nations and trevi fountain.

Kyari

Holy crap the pricing on Lego dimensions sets in the UK is ludicrous. £15 and £30 for sets that are €15/€30? Fuck off. :/

Scored big at a local used game/comic/toy store this morning. They are running a buy 1 get 1 free promotion, so I stopped in to take a look. They very rarely have Legos, but sitting in one cabinet were Anakin's Custom Jedi Starfighter 75087 and Jedi Interceptor 75038, both marked at $20 and both complete with minifigs and lightsabers. After the B1G1 and tax, I walked out with both for about $22. The Jedi Interceptor even had a bonus Luke ROTJ black outfit minifig and saber. Very pleased with this find.

Ponn

Banned
Edit: screw it, bought the White House and got the free freaky tiger. Will go well with my United Nations and trevi fountain.

The what?? That sounds cool, is it a polybag?

I love my white house. If you have any Alien Conquest sets they look cool attacking the white house, especially the mother ship.

Phew! Just finished tearing down the Sydney Opera House. I have a TON of parts now and the bins are overflowing. Just waiting for a few more BL orders to build a quick thing I had in mind, and then I'll start working on a huge moc. Building (and dismantling!) this set gave me lots of great ideas too.

our store got em in last tuesday. maybe an hour or 2 after we stocked up, a guy walks in and buys all 9

his timing was impeccable

The Target that I saw them in had a display with series 3, 5, and 6 mixed together. They didn't have all of series 6 out because the rack was full, but they were kind enough to get the others out of the back, so now I have a complete series.

I keep saying I am going to quit getting Mixels, but I am weak every single time. They are just too fun.

The Target that I saw them in had a display with series 3, 5, and 6 mixed together. They didn't have all of series 6 out because the rack was full, but they were kind enough to get the others out of the back, so now I have a complete series.

I keep saying I am going to quit getting Mixels, but I am weak every single time. They are just too fun.

They scratch that "I have to buy new Lego" itch.

I'm cleaning up some bricks from a thrift store haul today and came across these. I've never seen them before - are they legit? The rest of the haul was all real LEGO.

Yes they are. They come in a little holiday set, 3 varieties. They have gold bricks, red bricks and green bricks. I believe they even mix a few transparent varieties in there as well.

Yes they are. They come in a little holiday set, 3 varieties. They have gold bricks, red bricks and green bricks. I believe they even mix a few transparent varieties in there as well.

comes from the holiday ornament set that lego puts out near the end of each year.

Oh of course, I totally forgot about those. Thank you both!

Those sets are too good to die.

Glad the Camper is still around. Such a glorious set with so many little details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom