• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Nintendo Thread: Mii Nintendo, U Nintendo, Wii Nintendo

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Agreed, I really want that systems theme with all the different Nintendo hardware that EU & Japan got, don't know why those weren't the first themes available.

Javier

Even thought I already have them, it would be nice if Nintendo could add the GBA Ambassador games to My Nintendo. Maybe the full version of Donkey Kong NES too.

jph139

I got WarioWare and played for the first time and strongly recommend it. Great time-killer, decent challenge, very funny.

Zeeman

Isn't DK expiring also? Hoping for two. ☺

(Edit: I saw now that that one is a Gold game,
but I still am hoping for some new Gold games to replace those expiring.)

Yeah, I've got 140 gold coins to use, and I've played Fusion before, so I'm hoping for a GBA game I don't have or a cheaper Wii game

decaf

TFW you're 10 points short and only have 5 hours before the discount expires.

Obhq8Pd.jpg

(Yes, I've done all my daily tasks, need hearts or comments.)

drizzle

Axel Hertz
TFW you're 10 points short and only have 5 hours before the discount expires.

Obhq8Pd.jpg

(Yes, I've done all my daily tasks, need hearts or comments.)

Give me your miitomo ID and I can heart and comment on your shit and you'll get the points. (all I ask is that you do the same for me)

I have forever wanted a "partner in crime" to do daily miitomo shit (you can select the person's you want to asnwer, you just have to spend some candy), but none of my friends want to do it aid i'm too desensitized to miitomo to do it with random people/

Richie

Not interested in any of the service's current "big gets"; not much of a Picross fan, recently bought Donkey Kong Country 3D and much like PtM the Wii Warioware is giving me my fill atm. Really hoping they deliver something good come tomorrow! 350 Gold Coins and upwards of 2300 Platinum ones over here. Miitomo finally releasing in Mexico gave me a swell boost.

decaf

Give me your miitomo ID and I can heart and comment on your shit and you'll get the points. (all I ask is that you do the same for me)

I have forever wanted a "partner in crime" to do daily miitomo shit (you can select the person's you want to asnwer, you just have to spend some candy), but none of my friends want to do it aid i'm too desensitized to miitomo to do it with random people/

That'd be amazing thanks! I think it's caffeinedreamer:

pJxMZgZ.png

Tell me yours too so I can return the favour! I've built up a truckload of candy since launch.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
That'd be amazing thanks! I think it's caffeinedreamer:

Tell me yours too so I can return the favour! I've built up a truckload of candy since launch.

Can't really add through QR Codes, but we figured out in the PMs already.

What is the policy of pasting miitomo friend requests here in the open? Do people not care or....?

MANUELF

Banned
Not interested in any of the service's current "big gets"; not much of a Picross fan, recently bought Donkey Kong Country 3D and much like PtM the Wii Warioware is giving me my fill atm. Really hoping they deliver something good come tomorrow! 350 Gold Coins and upwards of 2300 Platinum ones over here. Miitomo finally releasing in Mexico gave me a swell boost.
HOWWWW????
I want to get New Super Luigi U but only have 30 gold coins

iphys

Remember when we used to get all excited about our platinum rewards on July 1st? Now we're just hoping for some new digital game offers, lol. Come on, Nintendo, make it an awesome July 1st.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
New rewards are up. Super Mario Kart, Wario Land 3, and more for Gold coins.

Just 15% discounts for platinum coins, lol, no new games or themes.

Robin64

Now Live in Europe

50% Discount on Pilotwings [New Nintendo 3DS] - 25 Gold Coins
50% Discount on Pilotwings [Wii U] - 25 Gold Coins
40% Discount on Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 40 Gold Coins

Pilotwings [Wii U] - 65 Gold Coins
Pilotwings [New Nintendo 3DS] - 65 Gold Coins

20% Discount on Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition - 600 Platinum Coins

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HOLY CRAP, tons of new rewards.

- Metroid 2 (30 Gold Coins)
- Wario Land 3 (40 Gold coins)
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U) (40 Gold coins)
- Donkey Kong 3 (3DS) (40 gold coins)
- Super Mario Kart (60 gold coins)
- Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 1 (60 gold coins)

- 15% off Wii Party U (600 platinum coins)
- 15% off Super Mario 3D World (300 platinum coins)
- 15% off Mario Party: Island Tour (300 platinum coins)
- 15% off Yoshi's New Island (300 platinum coins)
- 15% off NES Remix (150 platinum coins)

- 30% off Mario Kart 8 (140 gold coins)
- 30% off Fire Emblem Awakening (100 gold coins)
- 30% off Kid Icarus Uprising (80 gold coins)
- 30% off Ocarina of Time 3D (50 gold coins)
- 30% off Earthbound Beginnings (20 gold coins)

KaneU

Now Live in Europe

50% Discount on Pilotwings [New Nintendo 3DS] - 25 Gold Coins
50% Discount on Pilotwings [Wii U] - 25 Gold Coins
40% Discount on Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 40 Gold Coins

Pilotwings [Wii U] - 65 Gold Coins
Pilotwings [New Nintendo 3DS] - 65 Gold Coins

20% Discount on Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition - 600 Platinum Coins

WOW, this is just terrible.

iphys

I have to wonder how many people actually feel inclined to buy something like Wii Party U because of a 15% off coupon.

Seriously, or how many people do they really think are going to rush to the eShop to buy a retail game to earn enough gold for a free copy of Donkey Kong 3?

How do you tell which of your points are going to expire/the expiration date of the points?

I dunno, but the points only last six months and with the next refresh being in three months I'm just assuming that I'll have lost a pretty big chunk. All my launch points will be seconds away from expiring, probably, haha.

Richie

HOWWWW????
I want to get New Super Luigi U but only have 30 gold coins

Looots of purchases, taking full advantage of sales...

Do allow me to suggest something: the 170 Gold Coins for NSLU are greatly overpriced, only the Donkey Kong Country Returns reward beats it. If I was in your shoes I'd just buy the DLC itself.

Seriously, or how many people do they really think are going to rush to the eShop to buy a retail game to earn enough gold for a free copy of Donkey Kong 3?

Ugh I just had a flashback to old Club Nintendo threads where people would say 'so I have to spend £800 just to get a statue Nintendo!?'

This whole thing works under the proviso that you buy games anyway, just because you actually want to own and play those games.

Now, for buying a game that you would've bought anyway and got nothing but that game, you can now get a free copy of Donkey Kong 3 too if you'd like.

I'm not sure how this is a bad thing...???

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I almost thought Super Mario 64 was new, but turns out they had their icons replaced to make it easier to see "hey, this is a VC title on this system". Not to mention the backgrounds are gold or platinum to indicate which coins they require.

Strange that WarioWare is still up despite the fact it was suppose to expire almost an hour ago.

iphys

Ugh I just had a flashback to old Club Nintendo threads where people would say 'so I have to spend £800 just to get a statue Nintendo!?'

This whole thing works under the proviso that you buy games anyway, just because you actually want to own and play those games.

Now, for buying a game that you would've bought anyway and got nothing but that game, you can now get a free copy of Donkey Kong 3 too if you'd like.

I'm not sure how this is a bad thing...???

The whole point of having the rewards program isn't to just reward us for buying stuff we would have bought anyway: it's to entice us to spend more money than we would otherwise so that Nintendo can make more money. If it's not doing that, no biggie for me that my wallet is safe, but it's a big waste of time for Nintendo in that case.

Hegarol

I almost thought Super Mario 64 was new, but turns out they had their icons replaced to make it easier to see "hey, this is a VC title on this system". Not to mention the backgrounds are gold or platinum to indicate which coins they require.

Strange that WarioWare is still up despite the fact it was suppose to expire almost an hour ago.
At least in Europe the expire period is 10am, so in 15 minutes.

PtM

Banned

It wasn't.

decaf

Picked up Pilotwings. Disappointed with the rest in Europe. P&DZ should be at least 40% off for that many coins.

The whole point of having the rewards program isn't to just reward us for buying stuff we would have bought anyway: it's to entice us to spend more money than we would otherwise so that Nintendo can make more money. If it's not doing that, no biggie for me that my wallet is safe, but it's a big waste of time for Nintendo in that case.

It's to keep you loyal to the brand, it's not to make you buy £400 of games to redeem a trinket.

k91191

I mainly buy my games physically, so it's a little disappointing that gold coins are only awarded for digital purchases.

They need to bring back redeemable PINs for physical games.

The OoT3D discount is tempting, and I'm considering pre-ordering Monster Hunter Generations to get the gold coins for it.

Then again, I have Best Buy's GCU discount, so I can get both games discounted from there.

Top Bottom