• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars official thread ~ Going across the border!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
new page, yeah that's better :p

DEAL OF THE FOREVER?

2s79x6s.jpg

:D :D

The Hut has 10% on every Nintendo and X360 games 'till Sunday@10PM.

In the end, shipping included, it works out at €19,55 for us Euro guys (£1 cheaper for UK GAF).

I waited and waited simply because I have Cross Generation already, and I would've hoped this to see Dash Kappei (ehmm..) on the roster this time, since it's a perfect match for Viewtiful Joe (not only phisically, but also as characters) and just makes the pair with PTX vs Golden Lightan.

I'm also super happy to know that 4.0 firmware is more than enough to play the game without updating, props to Linkhero1 for that.

I have a couple of questions for people who have a better understanding of the game's mechanics:

1) When I use Ryu's Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, it's difficult to combo it into the other character's supers/hyper, as because the opponent is constantly moving left and right of Ryu. For example, if you need to enter down, down-forward, forward for the move you intend to combo into, it might end up being interpreted as down, down-back, back, and you end up comboing into a move you didn't mean to.

2) How am I supposed to use Supers such as Viewtiful Joe's Desperado? The delay is so long, that I can't seem to find a way of comboing into it, be it Viewtiful Joe's own moves or from another character's super/hyper.

Ravager61

Ben2749 said:
I have a couple of questions for people who have a better understanding of the game's mechanics:

1) When I use Ryu's Shinku Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, it's difficult to combo it into the other character's supers/hyper, as because the opponent is constantly moving left and right of Ryu. For example, if you need to enter down, down-forward, forward for the move you intend to combo into, it might end up being interpreted as down, down-back, back, and you end up comboing into a move you didn't mean to.

2) How am I supposed to use Supers such as Viewtiful Joe's Desperado? The delay is so long, that I can't seem to find a way of comboing into it, be it Viewtiful Joe's own moves or from another character's super/hyper.

The are some Supers that just can't be comboed into. Viewtiful Joes being one of them. Its possible to connect with it using it as a delayed hyper combo with certain other characters I think but I'm pretty sure its not possible to combo the move with only Joe.

I also have a question btw. Is the online play made a lot better by having a LAN adapter? It takes me forever to find matches and half the time they are laggy as hell. I'll probably go buy one tomorrow if it will improve my lag situation at all.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Ravager61 said:
I also have a question btw. Is the online play made a lot better by having a LAN adapter? It takes me forever to find matches and half the time they are laggy as hell. I'll probably go buy one tomorrow if it will improve my lag situation at all.
This is just as dependent upon your opponent's connection as it is yours.

Ben2749 said:

You can combo into Desperado from his level 3 Super. Just use it as soon as the glass cracks. :D

I really like this game. I want to pick up a stick, but it's so expensive. Hard to justify it for only a few games, and I may not even be diligent enough to get good at the game with the stick afterwards. T.T

Threi

notag
i blame damage scaling tbh (e.g. comboing into Karas' lvl 3 brings the damage down from 20k to 12k), but from what ive seen her normals do more than Karas'.

*edit*

Karas A = 0,540
Roll A = 0,720

Karas B = 0,920
Roll B = 1,716 (2 Hits)

Karas C = 2,028 (2 Hits)
Roll C = 2,800 (1 Hit)

Karas Launcher = 1,840
Roll Launcher = 2,400

Karas lvl 1 (Zan Ei Jin) = 14,653
Roll lvl 1 (Mop Up turbo) = 15,783

Karas lvl 3 = 20,600
Roll lvl 3 = 22,751

...yeah

and damage scaling hurts karas more than roll, and roll has more health than karas :lol

Thanks for the answers guys.

RocketDarkness said:
I really like this game. I want to pick up a stick, but it's so expensive. Hard to justify it for only a few games, and I may not even be diligent enough to get good at the game with the stick afterwards. T.T

Speaking of controllers, I've had a Classic Controller since the Wii's launch, and this is the first non-Virtual Console game I've ever found it to be my favourite way of playing. I expected to use the Gamecube controller, but while I found that to work OK, the Classic Controller is so much better.

Crayons

Banned
Dash Kappei said:
new page, yeah that's better :p

DEAL OF THE FOREVER?

:D :D

The Hut has 10% on every Nintendo and X360 games 'till Sunday@10PM.

In the end, shipping included, it works out at €19,55 for us Euro guys (£1 cheaper for UK GAF).

I waited and waited simply because I have Cross Generation already, and I would've hoped this to see Dash Kappei (ehmm..) on the roster this time, since it's a perfect match for Viewtiful Joe (not only phisically, but also as characters) and just makes the pair with PTX vs Golden Lightan.

I'm also super happy to know that 4.0 firmware is more than enough to play the game without updating, props to Linkhero1 for that.

How much is that in American? :lol

Seriously though, that's a good deal. I got my copy from amazon for $37 if you count the $10 of a video game purchase.

Crayons

Banned
Ookami-kun said:
Looks like the only beacon of hope for TvC is the US sales. It failed in UK and Japan. ;[
Wow. Kinda hard to believe it sold bad in Japan, when they know the characters more than we do.

Kad5

Is there any real strategy to this game?

Honestly I find myself just pressing buttons at random and moving around the control stick on my GCN controller.

Overall though its a really fun game.

Codeblue

Does anyone know how to do a simultaneous super move?

I'm trying to figure this game out on my own with no tutorials because half the fun for me is thinking about what moves I can string together, but I can't figure that out how to bring both people out for the life of me.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it.

I also found that the analog stick doesn't wear my thumb out as quick as the classic controller so I think I'm going to stick with a GCN pad.

Ravager61

Kad5 said:
Is there any real strategy to this game?

Honestly I find myself just pressing buttons at random and moving around the control stick on my GCN controller.

Overall though its a really fun game.

One of the things I've always loved about the Vs. series is that the games can be great fun just mashing buttons but when you scratch the surface a bit there is quite a bit of depth to be found. You just have to take some time to learn the mechanics and the best ways to utilize them.

ReiGun

Codeblue said:
Does anyone know how to do a simultaneous super move?

I'm trying to figure this game out on my own with no tutorials because half the fun for me is thinking about what moves I can string together, but I can't figure that out how to bring both people out for the life of me.

I also found that the analog stick doesn't wear my thumb out as quick as the classic controller so I think I'm going to stick with a GCN pad.
To have both so their super at the same time, input the command for the on point character's super, then press the partner button immediately afterward (before they do that full screen pose thing).

So say you're using Ryu and Casshan with Ryu on point. You press qcf + two attack, wait a sec, then press p and Cass will come in and do his special along with Ryu.

Edit: Well you got now, but I'll leave it here in case someone else needs it.

Have all the minigames from the Japanese version been removed, or do they need to be bought from the store?

If they've been removed, then holy shit, the western release has been seriously fucked up, as the presentation in this version is pretty piss poor. The music mostly blows, character's endings are awful, and even the main menu doesn't look as nice.

Also, I really wish this game had some basic combo training like Street Fighter IV. I'm not that into fighting games usually, so I'm no good at figuring them out myself.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Played some local matches last night against this guy who has a really good Doronjo. Never played a Doronjo before so I really had no idea what to do. Possibly one of the most annoying characters out there since it's so hard to approach her.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
XD wow

Well to be fair, the glitch isn't really gonna happen since that's one of the worst DHCs ever XD

Teknoman

Ben2749 said:
Have all the minigames from the Japanese version been removed, or do they need to be bought from the store?

If they've been removed, then holy shit, the western release has been seriously fucked up, as the presentation in this version is pretty piss poor. The music mostly blows, character's endings are awful, and even the main menu doesn't look as nice.

Also, I really wish this game had some basic combo training like Street Fighter IV. I'm not that into fighting games usually, so I'm no good at figuring them out myself.

No sir. UAS version of Yatterman Workshop, Galactor Base, and Orbital Ring are awesome tracks.

As far as combos go, just look in the manual, or hit up training mode and make up something. Almost everything is comboable in a way here.

EDIT: Not sure why anyone would pick the training stage in versus mode :lol

Threi

notag
ReiGun said:
Online at the moment, if anyone is looking to play some games.
look for an invite

*edit*

Ryu, Tekkaman Blade, Zero, Souki.

If you play one of these four you are a dick. :lol

Codeblue

I almost got punched in the face yesterday for healing twice in a row with Roll when I was near death and came back to win. I can see how Roll is obnoxious, but PTX is so much worse and that's who I was fighting so I don't feel too bad about using her.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I am giving away a copy of the game. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll give you more details.

Drame

Finally, got my copy this morning and I have been playing it since nonstop.

Well, there isn't much left to say. A really fun figher to play. Oh, and it plays great with the CC Pro.

So far I have only played with Viewtiful Joe and Roll. I really enjoy playing with Joe, he's just as great as I thought he would be. Roll is also pretty fun and her assist is great. Gotta love smaller characters.

I'll have to continue experiments with rest of the crew. Think I'll go with the Tatsunoko side next, maybe Tekkaman with Casshan.

The score is just great. I'm really enjoying the stage themes, especially Tekkaman's stage.

I can't wait to play this with my friends.

ReiGun

I just went on the biggest losing streak ever. Fucking Zero and his fucking Dark Hold stupid ass move. :mad:

Online if anyone want to play a super salty ReiGun.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
ReiGun said:
I just went on the biggest losing streak ever. Fucking Zero and his fucking Dark Hold stupid ass move. :mad:

Online if anyone want to play a super salty ReiGun.

Checkmateuda.
smiley_cool.gif

Top Bottom