• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO City Undercover |OT| This city has no ports

Hey how do you save, I thought it auto saves, played for around 20 minutes now right back in the beginning of game, ugh.

wait what? I shut down at what I thought was a checkpoint during the fight for the huge police truck failed twice and I needed sleep when I woke up I unplugged my HDD to download MonHun NFS internally so did not access LCU yesterday at all

I always saw saving or was that loading

I don't want to do the mine over again

edit nope checkpoint saves are fine

I recall reading that you can install this to the internal flash if you have enough space, but I have 24GB free and when I go to buy it it wants to install it to the external drive which doesn't have enough room. Is there a way to change this?

Het_Nkik

I recall reading that you can install this to the internal flash if you have enough space, but I have 24GB free and when I go to buy it it wants to install it to the external drive which doesn't have enough room. Is there a way to change this?

Unplug the external drive. If I remember correctly, if there are any storage devices plugged into the Wii U, it'll try to download stuff to those.

Taxman

So... first LEGO game.
What am I getting with these red bricks? Am I unlocking some new functionality for my scanner or something? Do I have to buy them like disguises and vehicles?

to force this all you do is unplug the drive while the Wii U is off you will not get errors that way
for me I made sure I moved the NFS and MonHun logo icons to empty tiles so my arrangement would not be changed when I plugged it back in

I was saving internal for Dragon Quest X but if it comes I'll buy a little SSD for it since that is proven a little over internal

anyone got to the end of LCU while I was away?

How do you like LCU so far?

wait what? I shut down at what I thought was a checkpoint during the fight for the huge police truck failed twice and I needed sleep when I woke up I unplugged my HDD to download MonHun NFS internally so did not access LCU yesterday at all

I always saw saving or was that loading

I don't want to do the mine over again

edit nope checkpoint saves are fine

Im sure yours saved, I dont think I played long enough even a auto save.

deviljho

like others have said, you can unplug the external drive, turn the wii u on, and download from the eshop like normal.

you can also download to the external drive, go to the wii u system settings, data management and then move the game over to the internal storage. this takes time though

things I like to do in city on foot

harass LEGOs push them until they play dead

punch fire hydrants to ride the jet of water up

watch Legos get run over by traffic

watch them get a ride or wait for one

TentPole

So... first LEGO game.
What am I getting with these red bricks? Am I unlocking some new functionality for my scanner or something? Do I have to buy them like disguises and vehicles?

Got to buy them on the top floor of the basement at the police station and then you can activate them in the start menu under "extras". Remember that you have to reactivate most of them each time you start the game.

ok yea whats up with the saving in this, I get saving in progress and I think thats auto saving my game, load up again and its not saved, whats up with that, why is it showing saving and not?

Silkworm

ok yea whats up with the saving in this, I get saving in progress and I think thats auto saving my game, load up again and its not saved, whats up with that, why is it showing saving and not?

See previous post in this thread:

THERE IS A WAY TO SAVE WITHOUT DOING A STORY MISSION OR FINDING A SPECIAL ITEM

All you have to do is enter one of the 17 disquise booths across LEGO City. Press B to exit and the game saves your progress.

Tunic

So I am standing by the elevator in the police station where the green arrow leads however nothing happens. I can't leave the police station either. Anyone else had this happen to them?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Retail version:

Initial load after the game is boot up: around 30 seconds

Load after making save file and starting a new game: 1 minute and 7 seconds

oatmeal

Banned
Lame. Error stopped download. Shut system down and turned back on, seems to be picking up where it left off.

Yay. Sucks though. Was scared I would have to download from the top. 9 hours remain :(

zigg

39.5 seconds for the initial progress bar load screen (the first progress bar after you start up the game, so it's right after the tt games logo, etc.)
Timed from the moment the progress bar screen appeared to the moment the title screen appeared.

Retail version:

Initial load after the game is boot up: around 30 seconds

So are these comparable times? I was expecting worse from the disc.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I've been playing for almost 3 hours straight and I got 5 loadings in all.

They are a bit on the long side yes but not nearly as frequent as the reviews made them out to be.

So what the fuck, guys?

deviljho

So what the fuck, guys?

lcu-surprisedkkcm.gif

Yagharek

They are a bit on the long time yes but not nearly as frequent as the reviews made them out to be.

So what the fuck, guys?

The only excuse I can think of is that it might be made worse if you are playing to a deadline.

They are a bit on the long time yes but not nearly as frequent as the reviews made them out to be.

So what the fuck, guys?

I don't get it either. I get a long load at the start, then I start a mission and get maybe one more loading screen, then I am just running around the city with no interruptions.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was editing in the police lineup thing for the different chase costumes and I changed the miner hat and now it's gone. I can't figure out how to get it back, and I don't see any kind of 'make it default to the original costume' button. Like the miner hat is just straight up gone.

TheMax

Neo Member
I was editing in the police lineup thing for the different chase costumes and I changed the miner hat and now it's gone. I can't figure out how to get it back, and I don't see any kind of 'make it default to the original costume' button. Like the miner hat is just straight up gone.

Just go to a disguise booth the original and the custom one should be both displayed

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
How do you unlock the garage box outside the police station in order to enter the High Speed Chase set code for the exclusive cars? I just got to Chapter 4 if it helps.

Also, the code is 7 digits while the extras code entry/police "compuper" screen are both 6 digits. Which is why you need the box in front of the two garages for the new vehicles.

EDarkness

So, I picked up LEGO set 60007, but the set is from the U.K. Do you guys know if the code would work in the U.S. version of the game?

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I only got to play for a little bit, but I'm really digging the presentation so far. Hopefully the gameplay will be up to snuff as well, because the game is extremely charming.

oatmeal

Banned
You don't like linking credit cards to the eshop? You could have just played the remainder with one

....fuuuuuuu-

When you buy something in the e-shop and you don't have enough funds it gives you the option of adding the difference so you don't have to buy the full increment.
-uuuuuuuuuuu-

You can pay the balance with a credit card at the time of purchase instead of using the credit card to add funds before purchase/check out.... unless you are buying funds through physical cards.

-uuuuuck

(EDIT)
And yeah I have one connected, I'm just dumb...I used to do the same thing on STEAM.

Does it work like that on the 3DS, too?

I only got to play for a little bit, but I'm really digging the presentation so far. Hopefully the gameplay will be up to snuff as well, because the game is extremely charming.

Gameplay is not tha complicated, but the World, characters, voice acting, graphics, jokes keep everything in a tight fun package. Simply put, it is a pure dosis of fun!!

fernoca

....fuuuuuuu-

-uuuuuuuuuuu-

-uuuuuck

(EDIT)
And yeah I have one connected, I'm just dumb...I used to do the same thing on STEAM.

Does it work like that on the 3DS, too?
Yep.

Anyway, apparently Gamestop (automated message) called while I was at work, can pick the game tomorrow. Been holding on it, simply because of the figurine.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone played MySims Agents? Game kind of reminds me of that.

I'm surprised they went ahead and added more to the combat system, it's a direction the series has needed for a while even if it's pretty much useless outside of aesthetics here, but at least there's more unique animations now. Wish there were more guys to fight though. Feels like it's usually three at most.

I wonder if Marvel Heroes will have counters and grabs.

So what the fuck, guys?
This so much. Yeah, when the game does have to load, it is on the long side but they don't come up nearly as frequently as so many reviews mentioned. You can play for quite some time without having to load. I am not excusing the load times but they really haven't bothered me. Would rather have a longer load time than in something like Skyrim that can have small load screens every minute or so if you are entering/exiting towns/buildings a lot for certain quests.

Just unlocked the
robot
costume, totally my new default!!

It's near the giant disco statue to the left past the blocks and soldier.
The idle animation is awesome!

AirBrian

Played for about an hour yesterday. Finished Chapter 1 and just tooled around the city for a bit. Quick impressions:

- the amount of polish/detail is pretty damn impressive.
- the game looks good overall, but there are some jaggies (not as bad as some make it out to be though).
- the humor in this game is hilarious (loved the
Dark Knight
reference).
- the load times are there initially, but not as bad once you get going.
- I'm not sold on the driving yet. It feels too...stiff, for lack of a better word. It's like you turn all the way or don't turn at all. Hopefully I'll get used to it.
- favorite thing to do: punch the fire hydrants and ride the water!

All in all it's a great little package that had me and my boys cracking up. And this is coming from someone who's not a big fan of Lego games. I'm looking forward to going home and playing more!

Berg

- I'm not sold on the driving yet. It feels too...stiff, for lack of a better word. It's like you

Once you go thru the story a little bit more, you'll get some cars that are faster and better steering.
Favorite car so far....
asian gangs bronco

NewFresh

Got some codes that some people could use:

mhhrhm: Race car driver
xkgzvj: Gorilla suit guy
hvgtpg: Natalia Kowalski

Don't have the game so I'm not sure how they work.

Effect

Finally!!! :) NewEgg is shipping my order. Just got the email from them. Was a wait but getting the game for $38 (thanks to one of their $12 off promos) was worth it.

Top Bottom