• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Nintendo Oct 2 JP Conference (S&P2 on Wii, Punch Out Wii, DSi announced)

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
omg rite said:
Why would it be? It looks great.
Remaking wild world isn't what I would call "amazing". What Nintendo has done to the Animal Crossing series is embarrasing and irritating

Whoa, that is that new sword slasihing game with the arrow indicators that seems to be moving contatly. Looks like it was using motion plus.

Also, what was the name of the motion gesture spellcasting game?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
So it looks like there were actually a shit ton of Wii announcements looking at the conference and the video.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Ramenman said:
And CING ON THE WII !!! Is it a new Trace Memory game or a stupid-ass port of fuck ?
Sequel, it seems. The stuff shown in the vid wasn't in the first game.

NolbertoS

markatisu said:
GTFO to anyone who said this conference sucked

Punch Out, S&P 2, DSi, at least some acknowledgment they are doing something with the Wii SD Card slot

This is more how I envisioned Nintendo's E3

You know what they say about Nintendo..They don't give a flying **** if people perceive there events as dull or they're doomed..They redeem themselves later, by release megatons or minitons over time.

ZeoVGM

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Remaking wild world isn't what I would call "amazing". What Nintendo has done to the Animal Crossing series is embarrasing and irritating

I loved going to the city in Wild World and talking to my friends with voice chat.

Mashing

Great conference. Nintendo delivered. I can't wait to hear more about some of these games (especially Cosmic Walker, looks awesome).

For those wondering :

SinandPunishment2.jpg

^Sin & Punishment 2 (Nintendo)

SupanSmasher.jpg

^Supan Smasher (Nintendo)

taiko.jpg

^ Taiko no Tatsujin (Bandai Namco)

CosmicWalker.jpg

^Cosmic Walker (Nintendo)

Joysound.jpg

^Karaoke Joysound (Hudson)

LineAttackHeroes.jpg

^ Line Attack Heroes (Nintendo)

dynamic.jpg

^New Dynamic (Nintendo)

ForeverBlue2.jpg

^Forever Blue 2 (Nintendo)

letstap.jpg

^Let's Tap (SEGA/Prope)

takuto.jpg

^Takuto of Magic (Nintendo)

The rest should be mostly obvious...

Billen

Banned
Now, this is pretty interesting news.

Economically speaking, I think Nintendo has passed the other companies as to the extent that they can probably buy their gaming divisions at any point now. And I said "can", not "will". :lol

Jiggy

So basically...

-Will buy Mario & Luigi 3 if it's more like Superstar Saga and less like Partners in Time (ludicrous enemy HP totals)

-May buy Sin and Punishment 2 (I loved playing the first one on VC, but that's for $12; at $50 I'm not so sure unless they include loads of MM9-style challenges or something, because I really kind of suck at this genre)

-Will almost surely buy Tales, but we already knew about it

Now to watch those videos and see if I can get anything more from that.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
bdouble said:
unknowns not already linked.

14kjlli.jpg
This Dynamic game looks like crap, but the rest of the games I want to know more about. Nintendo has a really strong first party 2009 line up for Wii in that video.

Screw the haters!

S&P2 was enough to have made my day. And we also get a sequel to Endless Ocean.

And a whole assload of other promising "Core" titles.

I was hoping for more DS 2D platformers.
Mario & Luigi 3 is a must-buy. Other stuff looks good (like the Wario Ware game).

Still pretty strong conference, even though most of the games (and DSi) announced don't interest me much.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Wii Montage Recap:
Wii Music
Animal Crossing
Tap Game/Cheer Game?
Street Fighter
Photos or something?
Samba De Awesome
Pop Game or something?
Cooking Mama
Battling Giant Monster Game?
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Joysound Wii
Flight Game? Shows flying under the Arc de Triumph (paris). Plane combat.
Dancing Game
We Snowboard Again
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
WarioWare II???!!! <<--is this wii play 2?
Woman Ninja Game? Could be Red Steel 2?
Harvest Moon
PUNCH OUT!!!!
Wii Sports Resort
Watching Videos?
Trace Memory Wii
Wii Play 2 (target practice shown)?
Spacewalking thing?
Sidescrolling blobby thing. Looks sharp!
Woman fighting giant monsters. Looks on rails.
2.5d magic casting game thing
Running. Shooting. Giant Turtles!
Beautiful Ocean 2
Trivia Game or something
2.5d game with a robot or something
3d fighting game or somethign. swords! Castlevania?
FPS game fighting of kohler heads. or something.
FFCC (DS)
Sonic
Fragile (looks great!)
Muramasa (holy shit)

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Sin & Punishment 2 is the most amazing news since Beyond Good & Evil 2. God, I'm so fucking happy that game is a reality. It's so perfect for the Wii :D

Trace Memory and Endless Ocean 2 are also great. Cosmic Walker strongly intrigues me, at least based on my imagination.

Also interested in Klonoa. I've honestly never played the series.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
legend166 said:
I hope those games are Nintendo developed. Otherwise, we still have no idea what half their dev teams are actually doing.
But you can clearly see which ones are Nintendo (&#20219;&#22825;&#22530;) published.

I'm very pleased with the stylistic choice for Punch-Out!! Wii, and I'm hopeful that it will control more smoothly than Wii Sports Boxing (which, while good, could've been better.)

I'm very excited about another Mario & Luigi. The Super Mario RPG's have always been the most enjoyable games in the genre for me.

I don't have any attachment to Sin & Punishment, but I'm glad all the same that a new release is being made for Wii by treasure.

The DSi is VERY intriguing, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one. The online integration (I'm ecstatic over the possibility of downloading older GameBoy and GameBoy Color) will be uniform across both platforms, it seems. Finally, the Photo Channel has purpose! Should be fun.

Storage solution sounds ace.

I'd actually like to learn more about the GameCube re-releases. Will they be touched up, or are they straight re-releases?

Eh. Trace Memory 2 was the only newly announced title that interested me. Have to wait and see what people pull out of the montages. And did new Wii Tales game get a title, or is it just "new Wii Tales game"?

Tiktaalik

Some interesting stuff shown but it seemed like 90% of what was interesting was done by 3rd parties or done by 2nd parties and published by Nintendo. I'm not getting the feeling that there's much being done here by Nintendo's AAA teams.

Also this stuff should have been announced months ago. A lot of this stuff looks neat, but it's vaguely TBA 2009. We still don't really have much of anything for 2008. I guess this holiday season is just a nonstarter.

Dali

JasonUresti said:
Nice to see Punch Out's ethnic stereotypes not only return, but are enhanced. I can't wait to see pints of vodka knocked out of the Russian boxer.
Yeah I wonder if they'll give the Bruce Lee character nunchukas in addition to his flying kicks.

I also wonder if Piston Honda will still be an impressive, tall, bulky, dude or will they go with a less flattering, better-known, diminutive, Japanese stereotype? Maybe they'll even make him a Gackt-like ladyboy. That'd be pretty funny.

..pakbeka.. said:
ashley looks older too
That she does. She's not wearing the same shirt. So she's living with her father now, and she has an all new adventure. The prospects of this make me want to go run a lap around the milky way.

New Character connections! Anyone could be relative of anyone. Hotel Dusk to Trace Memory.

Good Lord.

Also time to break this out again:
TraceBeast.jpg

kenji

PantherLotus said:
Wii Montage Recap:
Wii Music
Animal Crossing
Tap Game/Cheer Game?
Street Fighter
Photos or something?
Samba De Awesome
Pop Game or something?
Cooking Mama
Battling Giant Monster Game?
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Joysound Wii
Flight Game? Shows flying under the Arc de Triumph (paris). Plane combat.
Dancing Game
We Snowboard Again
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
WarioWare II???!!! <<--is this wii play 2?
Woman Ninja Game? Could be Red Steel 2?
Harvest Moon
PUNCH OUT!!!!
Wii Sports Resort
Watching Videos?
Trace Memory Wii
Wii Play 2 (target practice shown)?
Spacewalking thing?
Sidescrolling blobby thing. Looks sharp!
Woman fighting giant monsters. Looks on rails.
2.5d magic casting game thing
Running. Shooting. Giant Turtles!
Beautiful Ocean 2
Trivia Game or something
2.5d game with a robot or something
3d fighting game or somethign. swords! Castlevania?
FPS game fighting of kohler heads. or something.
FFCC (DS)
Sonic
Fragile (looks great!)
Arc Rise Fantasia
Muramasa (holy shit)
fixed

Top Bottom