• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

calder

Holy shit that was awesome! :lol The opening sequence was brilliant, as was the teleportation snafu. Hell, it was all hilarious, but the kiss at the end just killed me. :lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Monarch Henchman: "and remember, a beard is not a substitute for a jawline no matter how you trim it"

:lol:lol:lol

xsarien

daedsiluap
BlueTsunami said:
Monarch Henchman: "and remember, a beard is not a substitute for a jawline no matter how you trim it"

:lol:lol:lol

Advice that can and should be given to about half of NeoGAF.

Tamanon

Banned
Jumpman Jr. said:
Odd, it shows the brothers being decapitated by a laundry line, but on tv they lost their heads from two metal spears.

No, it was a laundry line. Might've looked like a spear because of the angle the shirts were at.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I know you guys have noticed that the Venture Bros. premiere is still online on the Fix, but it has now been announced that ALL premiere episodes will stay online all week long.

They haven't really clarified whether they mean all Venture Bros. premieres or all premieres in general, though (which would include Minoriteam, Tom Goes to the Mayor, and Eureka seveN, plus whatever else they decide to add).

So it might be that from now on all new Adult Swim episodes (at least those premiering on their Fix) will be available for their entire debut week.

The [adult swim] Fix is awesome. However, I'm saddened that they ditched some of the Home Movies re-runs; last time I checked they only had "Politics", a very "meh" episode :/

Gribbix

Fifty said:
When is episode 2 first airing (online or on tv, whichever comes first)?

It'll premier online first this Friday at 6:00 PM eastern. The television premiere is at 10:30 on Sunday.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
master_shake_05 said:
The [adult swim] Fix is awesome. However, I'm saddened that they ditched some of the Home Movies re-runs; last time I checked they only had "Politics", a very "meh" episode :/
The episodes change every Monday. So maybe next week they'll have a better episode.

Unless they just haven't bothered to update Home Movies lately for some reason (I can't say I've paid that much attention to what episode of what is airing every week).

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Oh my god :lol I was dying when
21 and 24 were getting ready to rejoin The Monarch with that song.

Awesome ****ing episode :lol

White Man

The episode started out good. . .and then it got better and better. There were so many great bits in the ep.
lol Rusty as Magneto

Belfast

That rocked some tits! Might even be better than last week's!

-Plenty of 21/24 action
-The Monarch's new "gang"
-Brock/Phantom Limb team-up
-21's arsenal of weapons
-The boys are back, of course
-How Dr. Girlfriend planted a tracer on The Monarch
-General awesomeness from all the characters, really.

The only thing it lacked was Dr. Orpheus!

tralfazz

I just watched S2E1 and I died laughing at the DuranDuran "Hungry Like the Wolf" homage in the intro. One of the best shows right now and helps console me now that Arrested is off the air.

calder

Strange you say that, I finally convinced my wife to watch VB by comparing it to AD. I said if a show like Futurama is the Scrubs of animated comedies, but Venture Brothers was the AD. A terrible analogy, but hey it convinced her to watch a few eps and got her hooked. I'm hoping we can finish all of S1 soon so I can rewatch the season 2 opener with her.

tralfazz

Watched the new ep. There is at least one laugh out loud moment in each show. This week was
when Brock killed that guy by shoving the dudes own finger up his ass
!:lol :lol How do these guys keep doing it. By the way where's Helper at? Did I forget him dying?

Tamanon

Banned
Took me the second viewing to figure out what
Brock and Phantom Limb were talking about regarding Dr Girlfriend. Checking for a scar.
:lol :lol

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Also, Brock was wearing a hat last time because his hair was singed in the explosion at the end of season 1. Now he has a half mullet.

These guys have crazy continuity.

I loved the first season, but it seems like they really spent their time with these scripts. Two episodes in this season and its allready blowing last season away.

the POV when Ventures eye popped out was AWESOME

Link

The Autumn Wind
Ok, Hank did get shot in that mall shootout, didn't he? That kind of got glazed over.

calder said:
Strange you say that, I finally convinced my wife to watch VB by comparing it to AD. I said if a show like Futurama is the Scrubs of animated comedies, but Venture Brothers was the AD. A terrible analogy, but hey it convinced her to watch a few eps and got her hooked. I'm hoping we can finish all of S1 soon so I can rewatch the season 2 opener with her.
Dude, you are so late on that comparision.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3707563&postcount=137

tralfazz said:
By the way where's Helper at? Did I forget him dying?
Well, Jonas did use his torso for his own robot suit at the end of last season. I'm sure he'll show up again at some point, though.

Dan

Link said:
Ok, Hank did get shot in that mall shootout, didn't he? That kind of got glazed over.
It ricocheted off his belt buckle.

As for HELPER, from the sound of the commentaries on the DVD, it seems like they just kinda weren't too inspired by writing for him. He can only do so much.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Dan said:
It ricocheted off his belt buckle.
Ah, thanks.

So I guess Dr. Venture has just one eye now? Unless he can fix that somehow.

EDIT - I was pretty disappointed with the commentaries on the DVD, actually. Sure, they were funny, but they barely talked about the actual episodes at all (aside from Ghosts of the Sargasso). I really would have liked to hear about the little hints and foreshadowing they added once they knew where they were going with it.

Dan

I'll admit, the commentaries aren't exactly what I look for in, uh, commentaries, but they're enjoyable at least. There's some good info spread across all of them if you really pay attention, but I wish Publick and Hammer more directly addressed the construction of the series and exactly how they dig into specific episodes. I'd also love to hear more about their experience in sending the show to Korea (I think) for production. That process is discussed a bit on some Batman animated discs, but it seems like Hammer does more post-production than usual with what they get back. I've yet to listen to the pilot's commentary (or really dug into Publick's blog, for that matter), so I'm not sure if the origin of the series is really discussed, but I'd love to know more about the show's creation. Specifically, Publick was obviously very much influenced and inspired by his work on Ben Edlund's The Tick. They have remarkably similar sensibilities in some ways. I sometimes find myself expecting characters from that universe to pop in.

Mandark

Small balls, big fun!
Two very good episodes to start the season. I can stop worrying about a sophomore slump now, I guess. The episode just kept picking up steam as it went along.

With the last two episodes of the first season, and the first two of this season, they've been breaking out the continuity, and they seem very willing to change stuff around. For the first 11 eps, it was basically "have an adventure, go back to status quo at the end."

I really liked the plotting in the second half. It was like a Guy Ritchie movie, crosscutting among the three groups (Venture/Monarch/21/24, Hank/Dean/Girlfriend, Brock/Phantom) all going after something that might not be there, colliding at the end.

Loved all the interplay with the odd pairings. "Are you our mommy?" "Nice idea with the WD-40, the Monarch said grudgingly." "I could have sworn you were going with 'Lock and load!'" "The night is still young!"

Honestly, kids dying and being cloned, the main villain losing his license, eyeballs popping out, Brock getting shot, it's like the show's going without a safety net.

Daigoro

way too many ****ing spoilers in this thread for me to touch it, but HEY Venture Bros. is back!

snuck up on me, i didnt expect these to start until fall. i was so eager for the 2nd season to start i had to stop checking the updates on it.

i didnt even know the dvd was out until i saw it in the store the other week. i snapped it up immediately.

cant wait to see the new episodes! :D

tralfazz

master_shake_05 said:
Nice....

LOL @ Monarch eating the butterfly :lol

If you go back and watch, the butterfly has the bigger dot on it and he looks around before eating it so it must have been a messenger. This show seems to be full of hidden stuff. I do hope we get a tiny battle.

StoOgE

Helper was in the season 2 intro. Helper was my favorite charachter last season.. In the Brigsby world one where brock calls him because helper is programmed to come when he is called. Brock assumes Helper will override the controls and land the X1, instead Helper just jumps out :lol :lol :lol

His charachter is alot like the boys actually, just more extreme.

He better come back.

Vagrant

Wow they're really on a roll with this season, it just keeps getting better. Another example of their dedication to continuity that
21 shaved his beard, and I think 24 got rid of his unibrow.

StoOgE

Vagrant said:
Wow they're really on a roll with this season, it just keeps getting better. Another example of their dedication to continuity that

:lol :lol :lol

thats awesome.

Gribbix

Vagrant said:

There are a ton of little details like that.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see Belfast already pointed out the detail I was going to mention.

B'z-chan

Banned
the whole 24 and 21 doing the song was just so ****ing funny. I was dying on the floor of my living room wishing i had a pause button. And dean was funny as well MOMMY.... HAHA this consistant feeling is different for the show i hope it doesnt run it into the ground. I think what was so awesome about Venture bros was that it was one episode and then you'd have a completely different vibe with another episode.

StoOgE

Im willing to bet the hoover dam will come into play this season. As the boys were incubating some factoids about it were playing and Dr Venture woke them up during it saying "do they really need to know this crap"

Im going to guess at some point, they will need to know this crap, but wont remember. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom