• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim - 6 New Screenshots (July 22)

NBtoaster

maniac-kun said:
Idiots crying about the textures: get the PC version. It will have dx11 features and higher res textures.

the high brightness makes them look like magazine screenshots so that they look good when they are printed.

Is DX11 confirmed?

Adjusted Brightness and Contrast:
-20 Bright +10 cont. on all screens:

dxyltygv0.jpg

hsjckyfym.jpg

qcetrlgad.jpg

raicw8e6g.jpg

vbhbc1ehj.jpg

vvy1kth7a.jpg

eravulgaris said:
Stop nagging about some screenshots. You've all seen it in motion already, why would you even care about some shots?
Not having people express opinions of these shots would make this thread redundant, no?

The game looks serviceable I guess, I wasn't expecting to be blown away. Hope the main quest isn't a pos.

Jerykk

Banned
eravulgaris said:
Stop nagging about some screenshots. You've all seen it in motion already, why would you even care about some shots?

I wasn't especially impressed by the video footage either. The game looks slightly better than Oblivion but that's not saying much. It still looks like the Gamebryo engine.

Game looks very average for for what it should be for a late 2011 title. Game will look ridiculous once the modders get through with it though.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Colkate said:
Until you mod it and it'll look 100x better.
Those mods will come 1+ year after release, crash the game every twenty minutes, make the game incompatible with DLC and take 4 hours and a computer science degree to install.

Mods will never, ever be anywhere near as good as dev made graphics and people should stop pretending they will be.

Drazgul

Mr_Brit said:
Those mods will come 1+ year after release, crash the game every twenty minutes, make the game incompatible with DLC and take 4 hours and a computer science degree to install.

Mods will never, ever be anywhere near as good as dev made graphics and people should stop pretending they will be.

The first texture/graphic enhancement mods came out pretty fast after the release of OB/FO3/NV, I don't see Skyrim being any different in that regard. And the rest of that first paragraph is just blatant lies.

And yeah maybe they won't all be as good... Many of them are much better.

Fitz

Mr_Brit said:

Completely false pretty much, New Vegas hasn't been out for a year and there are extensive high quality texture mods for it. As for crashing every twenty minutes, that's laughable. Adding mods doesn't = more crashing unless you've made a botch of it or it's a poorly made mod. It couldn't really be easier to install mods for Gamebryo Elderscrolls/Fallout games tbh. Texture mods especially as it's just a case of drag and drop into one folder, and tick a box in Mod Manager.

spirity

Oh my god. I was going to spend my playtime staring at walls and musing over leather armor strips, but i can already see Bethesda has lost their minds.

Its gonna suck. I'm gonna go back to screenshots of Lightnings hair.

ironcreed

Banned
DMczaf said:
Why is Triple H in Skyrim?

I thought it was Dog the Bounty Hunter... getting ready to collect on a bounty, lol.

All kidding aside, the low resolution textures here and there do not even phase me. The game still looks great and has this rugged, earthy tone that fits like a glove. I am especially loving the Autumn forest setting. I imagine I'll be spending a lot of time in that region.

Saige

I must do better.
Man some of those textures are rough. The wait for a goty edition and then mod the hell out of it route seems better and better the more they show off of the game.

Rolf NB

cluto said:
Messed with the luminosity to better represent what you'll be seeing on your TV.
I have specifically colored this response so that it looks as if you're looking at it on the display you're currently using to look at it.

Brigandier

Hopefully just the console version or even an old build or something because these screens are extremely underwhelming imo.

bananaman1234

Unconfirmed Member
Arcipello said:
is this REALLY a new engine they are using???? the lighting is soooo flat
It's not exactly new. It's a heavily modified version of the gamebryo engine used for oblivion and fallout 3/NV.

Brigandier

Blue Ninja said:
All screens are the 360 version.

I'll take back my underwhelming comment then it's not bad at all for such old equipment, But I get the feeling that Bethesda will cheaply port it to PC.

Vire

Brigandier said:
I'll take back my underwhelming comment then it's not bad at all for such old equipment, But I get the feeling that Bethesda will cheaply port it to PC.
It's really no excuse considering how Gears of War and Arkham City look on the same exact hardware.

The lighting here is terrible.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
Gravijah said:
Did you really just compare a 360 screen to The goddamn Witcher?

Well according to Bethesda the PC version is not gonna look any different aside from the higher res! In any case it's not just the texture work but the art in general seems so bland in comparison.

Blue Ninja said:
I think some of us may not have seen this yet.

EDIT: Wait, so there's three Skyrim threads now? Gods, save us.
I'm looking at that and nothing has changed with Bathesda. Characters and objects are constantly falling through the floor/walls/trees. The weapon goes through the hands of the main character.

They need to hire some people that can spot that shit because they apparently can't see things constantly going through other objects.

It's hard to judge how the game looks with such low quality video. It might FLOW nicely as a complete package, but I'm not really seeing great graphics.

Top Bottom