• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digg founder Kevin Rose throws a raccoon down a stairwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldStar

Banned
They are smart creatures and don't deserve to be tossed around on principle, but if they are already set on you or your dog... yeah.

Just to be clear, if a raccoon was fucking up my dog like he was Rose's, I would have punted it like a football

So basically you're resorting to "it didn't happen to me, therefore nobody else should worry about it and everything to the contrary is just blown out of proportion" line of logic despite how territorial aggression in raccoons is a pretty well-known and studied thing (and it's not like most people are willing to get the shit clawed out of them to test whether or not a wild one they come across is one of the good guys), unlike squirrels and pigeons where their acts of aggression on humans are very much atypical. Whatever floats your boat dude.

In other news, you can potty train raccoons easier than some domesticated animals.

Maybe I have some innate ability or special power that causes raccoons to fear me

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
GXtMaBS.jpg

Just to be clear, if a raccoon was fucking up my dog like he was Rose's, I would have punted it like a football

I actually did this about 6 years ago when a raccoon was on top of my cat. Ran up, and launched the fucker about 30 feet.

Raccoons are cute but they are dicks.

Batigol

Banned
No wonder it's attacking the dog. Looks like a poodle. My cat would wreck a poodle

Would like to see it doing that to a doberman

I hate raccoons like the best of them, but shit, I can't help but feel bad when he was tossed.

He hit the side of the wall on the way down too.... he's not walking away from that.

Raccoon down, raccoon down....

I dunno--have you see that video of the ape throwing a raccoon that got into it's exhibit?

TheContact

damn the racoon's eyes as it gets whipped down the stairs....but in that guy's defence if a raccoon was attacking my dog my reaction would probably be the same, i wouldn't want to hurt the raccoon but I'd want it the fuck away from me fast

GeoramA

Raccoons would be cool if they didn't attack our pets or damage our property. Until they can be domesticated, fuck'em.

Derwind

I dunno--have you see that video of the ape throwing a raccoon that got into it's exhibit?

I saw it, he grabbed his leg with one hand and tossed the creature.

This raccoon looks like its head bounced off the edge of that wall. Thats also a lot of force from a grown man using two hands to throw.

I think that Raccoons not walking away so easily.

/shrug

Derwind

I'd be too afraid that I'd get bit. Gotta give him credit, I would have let the dog die.

Thats why an average person would kick the raccoon. Put some distance between you and that raccoon when you send it flying. The man had iron in his blood thats for sure.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Most hairless animals look weird. Look up any animal you're familiar with 'hairless' and its a horror story.

WorldStar

Banned
I saw it, he grabbed his leg with one hand and tossed the creature.

This raccoon looks like its head bounced off the edge of that wall. Thats also a lot of force from a grown man using two hands to throw.

I think that Raccoons not walking away so easily.

/shrug
You seriously think the raccoon Rose threw had it worse than:

1351791937_chimp_tosses_raccoon.gif

Do you have any idea how strong a chimp is? And btw the raccoon hits a wall in the chimp video too.

My dog got attacked by a group of cats in my backyard months back. I threw rocks to scare them away, they were not impressed, I nearly crushed one with a cinderblock. I had to swat the cinnderblock mid air with my forearm to make sure it didn't land on one of the cats. Cut up my arm pretty bad.

My dog had a bad cut to his eye afterward, I was worried he was going to lose his eye because of these ratchet-ass cats. Luckily he's 100% fine now.

Derwind

Do you have any idea how strong a chimp is? And btw the raccoon hits a wall in the chimp video too.

The raccoon was tossed out of the way and the wall is a lot further off, you can't compare the impact

I know how strong a chimp is, I've handled them once before, a lot stronger than most humans but its not using even a portion of its strength in that clip.

I don't believe the raccoon is easily walking away from a cranial injury like that. Feel free to disagree.

Skunkers

not too far fetched to think that in a few decades we will all have racoons as pets.

It's far fetched. I've talked to people who had one before, they often fuck your house up while you're away. They have opposable thumbs and they are crafty as hell, even those child safety latches you put on cupboards will not keep them out of things. People I talked had to get rid of it, they couldn't train it not to go into things and make a huge mess while they were away. Think they are illegal in some places too.

Violet_0

Banned
It's far fetched. I've talked to people who had one before, they often fuck your house up while you're away. They have opposable thumbs and they are crafty as hell, even those child safety latches you put on cupboards will not keep them out of things. People I talked had to get rid of it, they couldn't train it not to go into things and make a huge mess while they were away. Think they are illegal in some places too.

plus they apparently eat kitchen walls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DfGf4M3QZo

Codeblue

Strong enough to take out the world's best fighter, that's for damn sure.

Riggs

Banned
Came in expecting a huge asshole hurting an animal.

Left knowing this guy is a fucking boss, and that Raccoon sucks. Be I think he will be back, those eyes ....

charsace

Raccoon are basically bigger, smarter, more aggressive rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom