• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hold on to your butts- Dinosaurs are making a comeback!

Status
Not open for further replies.
two new dinosaur pokemon :D

Thats totally an Amargasaurus. Awesome.

d2nEy4L.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Oh, they're the fossils!

Yeah. Jaw Fossil and Sail Fossil. Tyrunt (T-Rex) is Rock/Dragon and Amaura (Amargasaurus) is Rock/Ice.

I like someone's theory about Sail Fossil and Amaura.

Actually as I linked before, I think it's based on the Amargasaurus' spines, which have been speculated to be a sail rather than spines.

It makes sense for a few reasons - it's probably where its' name comes from (Amargasaurus + Aurora) and it's an excuse to give it a huge, frilly back that looks like the northern lights for its final evolution. :3

EDIT: Also it's revived from the Sail Fossil. That's a bit of a giveaway. :p

IGotBillySoSpooked

Low moral character
God, I hate Walking with Dinosaurs.

During my senior year of college, I worked in a theater on the weekends that showed nothing but the Time of the Titans episode of Walking with Dinosaurs. I have seen that thing at least 100 times - no exaggeration. I had the entire episode memorized to the point where I could have turned the sound off and done the narration myself.

TasTokyo

That walking with dinosaurs movie looks really oddly confusing. The whole narration aspect from the point of view of the dinosaur, yet they can't talk. I'm guessing it's to try and get kids interested in something educational?

Here's all I want from dinosaurs. Jurassic Park 4 without any weird things like army dinosaurs.

Far Cry 3 with dinosaurs instead of animals.

I will be happy.

That walking with dinosaurs movie looks really oddly confusing. The whole narration aspect from the point of view of the dinosaur, yet they can't talk. I'm guessing it's to try and get kids interested in something educational?

Here's all I want from dinosaurs. Jurassic Park 4 without any weird things like army dinosaurs.

Far Cry 3 with dinosaurs instead of animals.

I will be happy.

Walking with dinosaurs has been around since 2000. It's basically a discovery channel/national geographic type thing where a narrators is describing what the animals are doing and o their ecosystem works.

Walking With Dinosaurs 3D toys:

I will definitely but the "Ultimate Gorgon" toy! I hope they have more Dinosaurs, particularly ultimate's planned.

The Gorgo looks sad. I gotta post these on facebook and show Scott Hartman. He was the consultant for the designs. I think David Krentz also had a hand in it.

msv

Man, I remember the whole dino craze during the 90's, was a great time to be a kid imo

Collecting these was awesome
Orbis-Dinosaurs-front-cover-first-ish-Nov-2012-300-px-tiny.jpg

I never got to finish my T-Rex model that came with the magazine though. :(
I still have all the magazines!

I had the entire T-Rex model as well, but I have no idea where it went tho. Such a shame, the phosphorescent skeleton was a sight to behold in the dark.

soepje

I still have all the magazines!

I had the entire T-Rex model as well, but I have no idea where it went tho. Such a shame, the phosphorescent skeleton was a sight to behold in the dark.

Indeed, so green, so bright, so magnificent.

My older brother wouldn´t let me touch it though, it was that special :(

TreIII

Godzilla was something I was already looking forward to, but thanks for bringing more stuff to my attention.

Hopefully, this will inspire a new trend for gaming, too. Seeing the concept art for the cancelled Turok game only reminds me so much of how I missed dinosaurs in my gaming experiences.

Mr Swine

Banned
Man, I remember the whole dino craze during the 90's, was a great time to be a kid imo

Collecting these was awesome
Orbis-Dinosaurs-front-cover-first-ish-Nov-2012-300-px-tiny.jpg

I never got to finish my T-Rex model that came with the magazine though. :(

OMG, I haven't seen them for 20 years and that makes some old memories come back! :D remember the "3D glasses" that you got?

Mirk

Just give me a proper survival game with dinosaurs already. :(

I have been saying this since I first played dayz. Just drop me in site b before the lost world happend and let me run around avoding/fighting dinos. Let me search the compounds reading about what happend there.

Fuck someone kickstart this please! :(

Jawmuncher

Hell it's about damn time dinosaurs started making a comeback.
Hope they stick around longer than last time. Pretty tired of all the Zombies and Superheroes getting all the attention.

The teaser for the Jurassic World game was pretty sweet. Makes a new movie in the universe interesting (especially since we are now out of those darn islands).

JP4 story premise: We are back on Nublar, as a fully operational and successful park. SeaWorld meets Disney style. Back on the island to start, but its certainly a different approach. Also, I'm sure it sets up the Dino's getting off the island.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm ready for the dino comeback. It was a huge part of my childhood.

I guess I must have dinos on the mind myself as I bought this the other day (recently went back in stock on amazon)

Mother. Fucking. Grimlock!

Would love to see Dinos get huge again. But yeah, I have my doubts... mostly cause of the whole feathers fiasco. Part of the appea of Dinosaurs is you thought what you were seeing on screen in JP/etc. was an accurate depiction of what once existed. Now we know a lot more about what dinosaurs might have looked like and yet their interpretations in media aren't adapting...

I'm hot for a new dinomania! Growing up with Jurassic Park and everything in its wake, it is the best thing to happen... since Jurassic Park. And I want toys! I want them even bigger than the Thrasher and Bull T-Rex figures!

tyrano1.jpg

These are sadly not mine :(

I'm hot for a new dinomania! Growing up with Jurassic Park and everything in its wake, it is the best thing to happen... since Jurassic Park. And I want toys! I want them even bigger than the Thrasher and Bull T-Rex figures!

tyrano1.jpg

These are sadly not mine :(

I wanted to say I'm jealous but then I read the spoiler :p

I'm going to pick a month to be dino month where all I do is play games with dinos in it, watch movies with dinos in it and maybe read a book with dinos in it.

spliced

Godzilla isn't a dinosaur.

They already tried to make him one in that awful Ferris Bueller vs Godzilla movie in 1998 and it was a disaster.

deleted

Does someone remember that awesome T-Rex model, that you had to suscribe to a magazine to and got you one bone per issue?
The bones were fluorescent and the last piece was a piece of plastic skin that covered about half the skeleton. I looked really cool, but I can't find a picture on google.

deleted

It's pretty much the same.
Google mal "Dinosaurier! Zeitschrift" ;)

Yep, doesn't look like I remember it.

It was something like this:
mbirimacr-bu7ye7gqkucq4eyy.jpg

but I don't remember the skin looking so cheap - quality wise I remember it more like this one in another pose:
kgrhqvrcfg-ojtgsbrtmelfff9.jpg

Maybe nostalgia-goggles.. It's been quite a while ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom