• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV PC footage leak? [UPDATE: fake-ass is fake]

I can't detect any changes whatsoever. I think it's just the lighting that's giving you the impression of alerted detail.

Edit: Ah, you were joking. ;)
There are changes. Even in these blurry ass shots you can see more detail in the distance as well as slightly more detail in the textures like rocks and grass.

Not saying it's real. But there are small differences.

dsk1210

If it was a fake, it was a very well done fake.

I believe it was genuine, but maybe that's just hope more than anything.

I think it's a pretty well done fake but with the obvious red flags (very short clip without demonstrating any noticeable PC setting changes, filmed off screen poorly, and the abnormal mouse movement) just makes it too hard to believe.

Grief.exe

That's using a surprisingly low amount of VRAM for the settings that are used. Hell, I don't even thing GTA4 on PC was that efficient.

1 GB seems pretty reasonable for a game that looks as bad as GTAV. Open world like that means small texture sizes, easy to stream.

Hopefully no Social Club.

Keep dreaming. Rockstar always has to include some kind of DRM.

Don't give a fuck about porting day one and include DRM? Then I don't give a fuck about buying your game.

Grief.exe

Anyone have screenshots of the video? I would like to see what they did.

What. Have you seen GTA V? One of the best looking games of last gen? You cray pal. That shit was sorcery.

One of the better looking games on console. Game is far from impressive coming from a PC standpoint.

Don't get me wrong, very impressive for an open-world console game. Unless they do something, which they likely won't, the PC visuals will be quite unimpressive. Modders will pick up the slack of course.

Vooduu

This video was of course fake. The gameplay footage was taken from here :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O4G2yWBwiE

Scroll to 1:40 in that video and you will see the footage again (minus all the pretend PC stuff they inserted).

lmao!
giphy.gif

Damn, Charlie is on that detective work

Ahasverus

One of the better looking games on console. Game is far from impressive coming from a PC standpoint.
Don't get me wrong, very impressive for an open-world console game. Unless they do something, which they likely won't, the PC visuals will be quite unimpressive. Modders will pick up the slack of course.

If you expect the PC version of this game to occupy 1gb of vram looking the same as in consoles then you'd better stay far, far away from this port.

Damn, Charlie is on that detective work

Alas whilst I would like to take the credit for finding this, it wasn't me that pointed this out. It was actually a user called Bonnano over on GTA Forums that found the original video. I am merely reposting the info here.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/673430-gta-v-pc-version-discussion/?p=1064519478

Word of advice if you decide to visit the PC topic on GTAForums please brace yourself for a cesspit of hell. The PC topic makes a kindergarten look like a place of intellectual discussion.

or maybe Take Two was in total panic and thought someone leaked their upcoming secret PC port and tried to take the before even checking it out to see it was fake...
people are still letting wishful thinking get in the way of logic I see.

this guy is getting hits for a fraudulent video. Why do take two have to be working on PC port to take issue with that?

they don't.

Grief.exe

If you expect the PC version of this game to occupy 1gb of vram looking the same as in consoles then you'd better stay far, far away from this port.

The only games that go over 1 GB of VRAM at 1080p have massive textures and amazing fidelity.

As long as its not unoptimized there is no way this game goes over 1 GB.

Wait, what?

Again, game looks amazing on console, but would be unimpressive on the PC side.

Alas whilst I would like to take the credit for finding this, it wasn't me that pointed this out. It was actually a user called Bonnano over on GTA Forums that found the original video. I am merely reposting the info here.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/673430-gta-v-pc-version-discussion/?p=1064519478

Word of advice if you decide to visit the PC topic on GTAForums please brace yourself for a cesspit of hell. The PC topic makes a kindergarten look like a place of intellectual discussion.

Man those comments!! Make IGN look like a civilised world. PC gamers don't like not getting there own way it seems.

Saty

The fake is so good that Rockstar was fooled that it was really leaked from the PC version they are actually working on, hence taking the video down.

The fake is so good that Rockstar was fooled that it was really leaked from the PC version they are actually working on, hence taking the video down.

Assuming the takedown request was actually done by Take 2.

The fact is says "Take 2 Games" instead of "Take 2 Interactive", the timing of it and the fact that YouTube's copyright system is so flawed it could be anyone who did the claim mean the take down request is just as suspect as the faked clip

I wouldn't put it past the person who faked the clip to also do a "fake" take down notice on themselves to try to give it validity.

rrs

We all know it's happening, and out in March, but when will Rockstar announce it is all that's left.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There are changes. Even in these blurry ass shots you can see more detail in the distance as well as slightly more detail in the textures like rocks and grass.

Not saying it's real. But there are small differences.

I can't say I agree. Obviously the two images are oh-so-slightly different but I'm not seeing anything that couldn't be explained by the capture quality difference.

Not sure what you mean, much like Max Payne 3 the textures all around were incredibly impressive and one imagines it'll only be upped when the PC port goes around. Combined with the lighting it'll be impressive even by PC standards when it comes out. Won't be Crysis 3 but no other games are in terms of texture fidelity.

Other than Rockstar out right announcing it, I'd say the closest we'll get to any type of new info would be this.

Some one always tends to let something slip when dealing with investors. My money has always been on March-April release anyway and Take Two has nothing major dropping then that I'm aware of.

Top Bottom