• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order |OT| They put Nazis on the Moon, Scheiß auf den Mond!

Hammer24

Banned
If you start a new game (replaying on "can i play, daddy pls?" instead of über for example), you keep every single collectible and perk.

Just a heads up.

Great, thanks - that's exactly what I wanted to hear!

They were teasing us with this:

And some bethesda employee while streaming the game said there are additional modes to unlock...

There are unlockable modes. You just have to... unlock them. :)

Xater

If you start a new game (replaying on "can i play, daddy pls?" instead of über for example), you keep every single collectible and perk.

Just a heads up.

Does that also work the other way around? Playing with my stuff on a higher difficulty than before? That would be more interesting to me.

Dawg

Does that also work the other way around? Playing with my stuff on a higher difficulty than before? That would be more interesting to me.

Should be possible, yes. I don't see why not.

I can't actually test this since I completed the entire game on über, but there's no reason they'd disable it if you go from a lower difficulty to a higher difficulty. It's not like the perks make you invincible/Overpowered, über doesn't get that much easier with them.

Perks reward you for changing around your playstyle, using different guns etc.

That feeling when you know that anytime now one or more diskettes will fail...

i know, and if the publishers won't let last gen die soon, we will have more games that come on 12 disks :E

does anyone remember what games that came on CD had the most discs? Wing Commander 4 was something like 6 CD's atleast?

Should be possible, yes. I don't see why not.

I can't actually test this since I completed the entire game on über, but there's no reason they'd disable it if you go from a lower difficulty to a higher difficulty. It's not like the perks make you invincible/Overpowered, über doesn't get that much easier with them.

Perks reward you for changing around your playstyle, using different guns etc.

How did you find über? Challenging?

I didn't know much about this game till I saw this thread and read through it all. I got extremely hyped for it. I love anything that has alternate timelines, so this will be a game I definitely pick-up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why isn't this up on the Live marketplace?

Bethesda's really dropped the ball with the digital release. On the PC side, the game unlocks in PAL Land in under 10 hours yet despite the fact the PC app has been updated a few times in the past half hour there's still no pre-load.

VuV8rBt.gif

123rl

Any word on Xbox vs PS4? If they're both 1080p/60 then I may get the Xbox version instead of the PS4 one. My console is gathering dust

codhand

Whether the game is any good or not, I've definite enjoyed this roller coaster of a thread.

hahaha yeah, and for the record i agree the shooting in Rage was great, but everything else surrounding that game left a very bad taste in mouth that id like to forget. i was supremely hyped for that game. it too was 45gb download i did at midnight. worst ending since borderlands. I hope TNO ending at least manages to best that.

Andrew.

Banned
hahaha yeah, and for the record i agree the shooting in Rage was good, but everything else surrounding that game left a very bad taste in mouth that id like to forget.

Character/enemy animatons were outstanding as well.

Also that game had one utterly beautiful, yet lifeless skybox.

Plus, Wingsticks.

codhand

Character/enemy animatons were outstanding as well.

Also that game had one utterly beautiful, yet lifeless skybox.

yeah, i agree the animations were great too, but man, Wolfy09 hit reactions are fantastic too, even though the animation isnt nearly as good as rage.

Rage ending shoulda been a cutscene of John Goodman cashing his check.

EDIT
i spammed the hell out of Wingsticks.

Andrew.

Banned
yeah, i agree the animations were great too, but man, Wolfy09 hit reactions are fantastic too, even though the animation isnt nearly as good as rage.

Rage ending shoulda been a cutscene of John Goodman cashing his check.

EDIT
i spammed the hell out of Wingsticks.

If New Order is getting comparisons to Rage, then I think Ill probably like it a bunch. No end boss and awful texture pop in aside, I really enjoyed Rage and have completed it a handful of times. That Scorchers DLC was great too.

codhand

If New Order is getting comparisons to Rage, then I think Ill probably like it a bunch. No end boss and awful texture pop in aside, I really enjoyed Rage and have completed it a handful of times. That Scorchers DLC was great too.

If reviews are 70, i doubt i'll second guess my purchase. Hard Reset and Shadow Warrior are both sitting at a 73 Metacritic.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Halfway in, I think I'm done with the game. Nothing's appealed to me. I don't like the gunplay, I find the story/plot/characters completely uninteresting (squaring up to Naughty Dog, suuuuuure), and it's the worst looking PS4 game I've played by far and still manages to be a jaggfest.

Maybe it's me though, I don't know. Just wanted to share my two cents. Selling the game ASAP.

Halfway in, I think I'm done with the game. Nothing's appealed to me. I don't like the gunplay, I find the story/plot/characters completely uninteresting (squaring up to Naughty Dog, suuuuuure), and it's the worst looking PS4 game I've played by far and still manages to be a jaggfest.

Maybe it's me though, I don't know. Just wanted to share my two cents. Selling the game ASAP.
I am really glad I cancelled my pre order

SeanR1221

Yeah gonna cancel.

SkylineRKR

Worst Ps4 graphics might be right, its technically the least impressive game I played on it. Haven't played CoD though, but I think they are comparable (textures are somewhat CoD like). Cutscenes look even worse than in-game imo, they are letterboxed as well.

You can start playing in the PS4 before the 50gb ends? And in this case, how the 5gb patch will fit?

The 5gb patch will download on the background, you can play the game. The only thing you won't have access to are online features until the patch is being installed.

bidguy

Banned

oh shit

still buying at midnight (hopefully)

dreamfall

I just want to pre-load!

And I just want these old Starbreeze devs to get their shine! I know some of the impressions around here haven't been hot, but I'm ready to go in there and enjoy it for what it is!

Bethesda, PLS. 50+GB to download on my terribad Internet connection, it ain't going to be pretttttty!

Wizman23

Banned
Whether the game is any good or not, I've definite enjoyed this roller coaster of a thread.

I think a lot of the drama in this thread has to do with XB1 and PS4 owners just looking for something new to play. This Fall can't get here soon enough in regards to a bunch of new next gen titles coming.

I'm still very excited to play this game. I NEED something to play on ps4 and this looks like Just the visceral shooter I need. I think everyone canceling preorders and dooming the game need to play it for themselves before judging. Just because someone else says it's trash doesn't mean you'll feel the same way.

dab0ne

I loved RAGE's gameplay and beat it several times. Will I be disappointed with this game if I got a lot of enjoyment out of RAGE? Should I wait?

SkylineRKR

I think a lot of the drama in this thread has to do with XB1 and PS4 owners just looking for something new to play. This Fall can't get here soon enough in regards to a bunch of new next gen titles coming.

Its a tad dry. This is my first purchase since Tomb Raider. And FFXIV inbetween. But in retrospect I might've been better off with Infamous... although its not completely my franchise and genre.

I'm anticipating Fall a lot, with The Order, Driveclub and Batman. Destiny and Diablo 3 before that.

Top Bottom