• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation (over) (Wii U / 3DS)

647301bc49e9159a45c93f48dcaf612f5bfe46c246c45df09494ae1fc10225f8.jpg

iYkwY0DnIkly6.png

Rich!

What? I got this as well, though I thought this was because I hadn't plugged in my LAN cable and it tried to check for updates and failed or something. I think this was during the maintenance on monday.

I got it as well. I've been playing bayonetta each day too.

The_Lump

Banned
https://twitter.com/twinworld/status/530011891243184128

I didn't get this, for example. But someone else I know did get the same error. Someone must've flipped the switch too early by accident and quickly un-flipped it.

A buddy of mine getting it too ensured me that it's not a case of "hasn't turned on Wii U in months" either so...

Well that might be something. Could just be coincidental of course but if not, wonder what the update will add that can be announced in the direct?

TheMoon

Well that might be something. Could just be coincidental of course but if not, wonder what the update will add that can be announced in the direct?

WaraWara themes?
Friend List join game feature?
Removes folders again because fuck us?
Stability?

MicH

What I really want today:

More X info and footage
SMT x FE info and footage
New Metroid game(s) for Wii U and/or 3DS
Xenoblade Wii U HD Remaster
A new Mario RPG with actual RPG elements for Wii U
EU release of Pokemon ORAS bumped up to November 21st
:(

That's my most wanted stuff out of this direct

DeaviL

Banned
If the update made the Wii U region free and Neogaf was there to hear it.
Would the server start making weird sounds?

It won't though

TheMoon

If the update made the Wii U region free and Neogaf was there to hear it.
Would the server start making weird sounds?

It won't though
There would have to be a sacrifice. In order to make Wii U region free, GAF would have to become region locked. 'Tis how the universe works.

Gsnap

Ahhhh, a good old ND hype thread.

I honestly expect this to be a better than average ND seeing as how long it's been since both E3 and the last general direct.

As long as I get new footage of certain anticipated games like Splatoon, Captain Toad, Xenoblade, etc. I'll be happy.

I'd be ecstatic for new Zelda info, but I won't hold out hope for it.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Most wanted NEW stuff (though I don't expect an announcement tonight even if they were in development):

* Fire Emblem WiiU
* Animal Crossing WiiU
* Endless Ocean WiiU

Expectations:
-
Duck Hunt
trailer for Smash Bros.
- Mario Kart 8 November DLC fully shown
- More content for Mario Maker
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- That Kirby game on Wii U
- More game modes for Splatoon
- Some 3DS announcement
- Something something system update

Wishes:
- Maybe something about New Nintendo 3DS and its early games (I don't expect anything until after the holidays)
- Xenoblade Chronicles X online details
- Majora's Mask 3D... and an Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask HD combo

Stitch

Gold Member
Maybe they'll announce cloud saves :O

I didn't get this, for example. But someone else I know did get the same error. Someone must've flipped the switch too early by accident and quickly un-flipped it.

A buddy of mine getting it too ensured me that it's not a case of "hasn't turned on Wii U in months" either so...

I had the same error on sunday. I tried to search for the update in the settings menu but the Wii U told me that my system is up to date.

LayLa

Does anyone know what Skip have been up to? Released lots of great Artstyle games on GBA Wii and DSi, but since then I can only remember that downloadable Chibi Robo game. I want some more Artstyle games dammit, even a 3D port of Light Trax would be godlike.

spekkeh

Banned
I think people are crazy for thinking Nintendo would focus on anything else than the amiibos, smash bros, toad and Mario kart dlc and thereby dilute their marketing message for the upcoming holidays. The holidays are by far the most important period of the year for Nintendo (eighty percent of the the total sales happen in the next 1.5 months). EVERYTHING will now be focused on that. Future games will not be talked about until next year.

PAL reegion, tried to update manually - no results, and no broken/pending downloads either.

TheMoon

Can Nintendo top that Direct from last January, or the E3 Direct from this year.

Is such a thing even possible?

If they wanted to, they could do it all the time. Thing is, they don't want to. :)

PAL reegion, tried to update manually - no results, and no broken/pending downloads either.

Yes, because it's not officially live and seemingly got pushed out early to some by accident.

emb

I expect this to be DLC heavy.
I'm worried about that possibility too. :(
If they wanted to, they could do it all the time. Thing is, they don't want to. :)
If they wanted to, they could probably do it once every year or two. They only have so many unannounced games in presentable state at any one time, I would think. They can't have a blowout like that every other month. I'm sure they have enough early production projects that they could probably do it right now though.

L~A

That Wii U update is probably just for (Super Smash Bros. U) pre-load, which will be launched right after the ND.

And that is my only prediction for this Direct, I suck at those.

DoubleYou

I'm really hoping for a peak at the new Zelda. Or at least some information. Anything will do..
Probably the final Smash Bros trailer featuring the duck hunt dog.
Hoping for Splatoon with lots of diversity added to it. More modes, more weapons, more characters, more stages. Really interested if this can be a new nintendo quality IP.
Link/Triforce cup for MK8.
Maybe some Star Fox footage.
Also, xenoblade.

I think people are crazy for thinking Nintendo would focus on anything else than the amiibos, smash bros, toad and Mario kart dlc and thereby dilute their marketing message for the upcoming holidays. The holidays are by far the most important period of the year for Nintendo (eighty percent of the the total sales happen in the next 1.5 months). EVERYTHING will now be focused on that. Future games will not be talked about until next year.

They already stated they cover games up to Spring 2015, so your point is invalid. But, well, we will definitely hear about pre-holiday titles the most. Do not see another massive Smash Bros. talk, though - they covered everything in the 50 Must-See Things/50-Fact Extravaganza video.

Everyone knows we'll see a remake of Dinosaur Planet using all assets from SFA by either Retro or a team of ex-Rare folks on Wii U!

Funny that Rare said they COULD do it all over again, it'd just wouldn't be the same. So that was a clever (though honestly fruitless so far) way to claim the Dinosaur Planet IP by forcing SF into it. Because we all know Rare would've retained it otherwise.

Probably the same way how Donkey Kong Racing mid-evolved into a non-DK kart racer called Monkey Carlo (HA!), but that looked pretty distant from DK and much more like a Disney Afternoon show funny enough.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102653006&postcount=4

dkr3cec6l.jpg

(mat)

Oh, here I was thinking we were hyping. Turns out we're supposed to be realitizing. WHY ARE YOU THE WAY THAT YOU ARE?

Sandfox

We're going to be seeing stuff from after the holidays as well.

JCX

Just don't see the point of hyping smash again after the 50 facts direct. Time to let people know what's on the horizon.

spekkeh

Banned
Oh, here I was thinking we were hyping. Turns out we're supposed to be realitizing. WHY ARE YOU THE WAY THAT YOU ARE?
I was just trolling bruh. Realistically we're going to see Metroid, Animal Crossing and they're going to announce Zelda will release this holiday. In addition I have some hope there's going to be a Pokemon MMO and Bayonetta X Kid Icarus. Both of which I consider quite likely, but can also see them save until the January direct.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Just don't see the point of hyping smash again after the 50 facts direct. Time to let people know what's on the horizon.
and they're going to do that because its their next big release aswell as stuf on the horizon as the direct states.

Top Bottom