• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Triple H |OT| February Wrasslin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgadeth

Qpr4F.png

Aww c'mon Eve, Kelly Kelly hit it. ;)

In memory of by far the least logical storyline I can ever remember, a storyline that makes so little sense that it requires WWE fans to forget the events of a match that are re-told to them during the promo in which they would have to forget those same events, I give you:

woZFR.png

Always, always.

This is EPIC burying

Lol at HHH burying Taker. Fucking HHH

THE UNDERTAKER WON.

JESUS GOD WHAT IS THIS CRAP.

HE WON.

HE WON THE MATCH.

lol at hunter holding on to that loss last year like he won.

HHH is acting like he broke the streak FFS.

what is this... So they're gonna make THE FUCKING UNDERTAKER go and beg this asshole, who he already beat twice, for a match? What kind of sense does this make?

LOL

I don't want to remember... the time he beat me..?

HHH is still trying to claim he ended the streak?

I see what he's doing here and it's pretty obnoxious. See he's hyping up the Undertaker and all, saying he was so great and should be remembered.

But he's also saying that now he's all broken and useless because that shiny GOD Triple H destroyed him and broke the Streak by tapping out.

HHH: Taker won, but I beat him up really bad.

YOU LOST! YOU. LOST. YOU TAPPED OUT.

This story is braindead.

Undertaker wouldn't let me beat him so I refuse to wrestle him.

Any U tapped out chants yet?

He didn't know he had to finish it the first time folks.

This promo makes no sense!

This storyline is INSANE.

Who the fuck wrote this with the intention of it being taken seriously?

Lol at HHH burying Taker. Fucking HHH

KuGsj.gif

What, but he won... that crowd is so dead.

I don't remember Triple H winning.

This is such a feeble excuse for a rematch.

I mean Triple H did beat him last year. He's seeking revenge for his lost...right?

WHY!? UNDERTAKER WON THAT MATCH!

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just don't get it.

Taker has already beaten Triple H twice.

Why a third time?

20 fucking minutes of a two hour show filled with commercials all for that? Vengeance for what? YOU WON THE MATCH!!!

Because Trips put him on a cart so he needs to prove again in the rubber match that he can win without being carted off!

if they made the storyline HHH stole Taker's hair.

I will believe Taker's motive more

Yeah just watch the Punk/Jericho bits on youtube and call it a day. Oh and that 6 man match.

Seriously, that shit was awful.

I just did that just now. Was a nice segment. I was looking for R-Truth's fall, but cannot find it - hope he is okay as it looked bad in those images. Everything else seem unnecessary to watch. The images on the last few pages makes me think I would fast-forward through the whole thing anyway.

Also, I guess they are 100% pushing on with HHH/Taker III, and have Taker challenging HHH? That is the worst idea I could ever come up with.

antonz

Something was seriously up with Miz. That was sloppy backyard wrestling degree of shit. Tempted to agree that he was probably drunk or something because you can see on twitter he and Maryse are out partying all the time.

ZeroRay

The only way this match can go is Taker fucking the shit out of HHH and then all of Taker's old victims interfere and try to put him down.

The only way this match can go is Taker fucking the shit out of HHH and then all of Taker's old victims interfere and try to put him down.

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka (Maybe)
Jake "The Snake" Roberts (Best kept of TV)
Giant Gonzales (Dead)
King Kong Bundy (Maybe)
Diesel (Yeah)
Sycho Sid (Problems with WWE)
Big Boss Man (Dead)
Ric Flair (TNA)
A-Train (Would he bother after NJPW success?)
Big Show (Yeah)
Kane (Yeah)
Randy Orton (Yeah)
Mark Henry (Yeah)
Batista (Shrunk)
Edge (No bumps allowed)
Shawn Michaels (Yeah, maybe)

A Superfly, Nash, Show, Kane, Orton, Henry, Michaels run in is not really awe inspiring.

Okay that Raw was pretty damn poor even by usual Raw standards, I could have missed it entirely and be good to go next week. Last week was actually pretty good but it's back down to the usual I guess.

- The whole HHH/Taker thing is laughable, but the idea that Undertaker has a special room of creepy newspaper clippings and photos of HHH is hilarious, his victory was so disappointing that it means he actually lost and has spent the last year gathering creepy intel on HHH because damn he needs all the help he can get to beat the game because you know he didn't actually win at WM27.

- Bryan and Big show continue to go around in circles but hey at least it's something.

- Jericho promo, in the spirit of Triple H month it almost felt like a variation of burying time as he put down a bunch of wrestlers to big up himself but at least I can assume he was doing it in a heel manner as opposed to the HHH way of making themselves sound more awesome at others expense. But hey it's Jericho so nobody's going to complain even if it was. This return has pretty much fallen flat for me but I liked the way Punk saying nothing caused Jericho to lose his shit.

- What's the best way to build up your RR winner who could really use some proper building up? why more squash matches of course. Sheamus continues to meander around in purgatory.

- Barrett and Rhodes putting over that promising newcomer the Great Khali, lovely.

- What kind of six pack challenge is this?! where's the tagging?! Though a free for all is more entertaining anyway.

- Oh yeah at the last second the writers remembered that Kane was still in a feud with Cena but Cena was to busy doing Nascar stuff and is content with getting that WM hype rolling with constant reuse of his lengthy promo video so Eve will have to do to extend this riveting tale, therefore the Kane cycle continues in all its terror.

sajj316

I guess I understand Taker wanting to take on Ultimate H again. If the storyline is that being carried out of the ring is hurting his legacy and ego, ok, kind of makes sense. It would have made a lot more sense if Taker said it and not Ultimate H. I guess most of us would be able to swallow Taker putting Ultimate H over.

Regarding Kane and Cena. There better be a good pay off. If Ryder comes back to help Cena put away Kane, ultimately setting up a Mania match ... I'm all for it.

sajj316

If it wasn't for Punk and Jericho I would be happy saying farewell to WWE forever.

Unlike others I can appreciate the slow build of their impending match at Mania. Verbal assaults, great wrestling, and great ring psychology! This should steal the show.

DiscoJon

Banned
Isn't it weird though, that Trips is one of the elder guys/last hold-outs of the attitude era, and yet has no "definitive" match to his credit?

I can think of plenty of "definitive" matches for HBK, Stone Cold, Rock, Jericho, Mick Foley, Edge, and Taker. But HHH? Nothing ever sticks out in my mind.

Striker

Didn't watch much of RAW, but turned it on for about five minutes before I went to work.

Funny enough, the part I came to see was R-Truth doing a flip over the ropes onto Miz, and I see Miz fucking slide to the side and Truth lands on his ass. Read he's okay, which would be good news. Miz needs fucking punished somehow. If any random guy did that to somebody like Orton or Cener, they would be fired by now. Ridiculous. If he's this goddam lazy/dangerous, he needs to sit out.

sajj316

Isn't it weird though, that Trips is one of the elder guys/last hold-outs of the attitude era, and yet has no "definitive" match to his credit?

I can think of plenty of "definitive" matches for HBK, Stone Cold, Rock, Jericho, Mick Foley, Edge, and Taker. But HHH? Nothing ever sticks out in my mind.

I can ...

Ultimate H versus Foley at the Rumble
Ultimate H versus Taker I
Ultimate H versus Rock ladder match

His matches in 99 and 2000 were pretty good.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Didn't watch much of RAW, but turned it on for about five minutes before I went to work.

Funny enough, the part I came to see was R-Truth doing a flip over the ropes onto Miz, and I see Miz fucking slide to the side and Truth lands on his ass. Read he's okay, which would be good news. Miz needs fucking punished somehow. If any random guy did that to somebody like Orton or Cener, they would be fired by now. Ridiculous. If he's this goddam lazy/dangerous, he needs to sit out.
someone needs to get hardcore holly'd.

DiscoJon

Banned
I can ...

Ultimate H versus Foley at the Rumble
Ultimate H versus Taker I
Ultimate H versus Rock ladder match

His matches in 99 and 2000 were pretty good.

Come to think of it, I've always enjoyed that match on RAW when Foley came out as Cactus Jack and gave Trips the piledriver on the table at the end.

sajj316

Regarding the Miz, I whole heartedly agree. That was negligent. I can't remember the last time someone would flip like that and not have his fall break with someone underneath.

Kyoufu

Triple H worked as a heel. As a face/suit I just want to scream in pain.

Can't believe they didn't have him go heel vs Punk last year. Fucking shitty WWE writers.

In fact, why did they even use the Board of Directors bs? Vince should have stepped up and put over Punk instead of the COO crap. Ugh!

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka (Maybe)
Jake "The Snake" Roberts (Best kept of TV)
Giant Gonzales (Dead)
King Kong Bundy (Maybe)
Diesel (Yeah)
Sycho Sid (Problems with WWE)
Big Boss Man (Dead)
Ric Flair (TNA)
A-Train (Would he bother after NJPW success?)
Big Show (Yeah)
Kane (Yeah)
Randy Orton (Yeah)
Mark Henry (Yeah)
Batista (Shrunk)
Edge (No bumps allowed)
Shawn Michaels (Yeah, maybe)

A Superfly, Nash, Show, Kane, Orton, Henry, Michaels run in is not really awe inspiring.

I do not want to see that happen again like the Royal Rumble with Shawn Michaels burying him. Stupidest thing ever.

This is stupid

PhLWL.jpg

I actually don't think the concept of the angle is that stupid. The idea that "Undertaker had this to say" *cut to video package* is kinda dumb. So in this scenario Taker went to the WWE video department and was like "Ok guys, here's what I want..."?

They need to pick a side, you can't imply everything that happens is real and then do shit like this or have Zack Ryder get "dragged down to hell" by Kane, it's fucking dumb and insulting.

I actually don't think the concept of the angle is that stupid. The idea that "Undertaker had this to say" *cut to video package* is kinda dumb. So in this scenario Taker went to the WWE video department and was like "Ok guys, here's what I want..."?

They need to pick a side, you can't imply everything that happens is real and then do shit like this or have Zack Ryder get "dragged down to hell" by Kane, it's fucking dumb and insulting.

I am annoyed by the way they are playing up the "did Taker even win" part. This is also on WWE.com right now...

bj1rd.jpg

Burai

shitonmychest57
Triple H worked as a heel. As a face/suit I just want to scream in pain.

Can't believe they didn't have him go heel vs Punk last year. Fucking shitty WWE writers.

In fact, why did they even use the Board of Directors bs? Vince should have stepped up and put over Punk instead of the COO crap. Ugh!

The whole CM Punk/dual champion/Triple H/Vince thing was a wasted opportunity of Invasion proportions. They had so much heat going into that. So much buzz. And they ruined it within a month.

So by WWE logic Kane beat Taker back at WM14 because you know Kane walked out with ease and Taker was left lying from a post match beat down, it doesn't have to make sense!

I am annoyed by the way they are playing up the "did Taker even win" part. This is also on WWE.com right now...

http://i.imgur.com/bj1rd.jpg

When Taker said he didn't want that to be the way his legacy ended/was remembered I bought into that. I agree they way they're playing it like HHH won is a bit off.

Either way, the last two Taker/HHH matches at Mania have been pretty great, last years especially, so I am at least looking forward to this. Although it would've been nice to see someone else go against Taker, especially when this could very well be his last.

Jamie OD

Everyone backstage is really pissed off at Miz, apparently. I don't know why he was so half-hearted in trying to catch R-Truth.

Everyone backstage is really pissed off at Miz, apparently. I don't know why he was so half-hearted in trying to catch R-Truth.

They should be, I actually like Miz but that was pretty much indefensible, especially after seeing those shots of him clearly being lined up perfectly. I didn't see any banana peels there either.

I would say he deserves to be punished with a feud with hornswaggle or something but his character's been on the decline since WM, he loses constantly and is more or less a joke.

bart jr

Neo Member
Last night's raw was really disappointing. They could have cut out a couple of those videos and had a Funkasaurus squash, at least. The only redeeming thing about the show was that they didn't bring JR out to embarrass him in front of his home crowd.

I'm glad Truth is ok. The way his head bounced of the ground was nasty, I thought he had a concussion for sure. I'm kinda bummed they have eased up on his pursuit of making the Miz's life a living hell. Speaking of..

I was starting to tolerate Miz's in ring work, at least while he was teaming with Truth. Ever since they split, I have found him to be unbearable(ESPECIALLY his mic work, not that it was ever great). Last night was just the icing on the cake. He deserves whatever punishment he receives. Del Rio replacing him in the chamber would be awesome.

Out of all the wrestlers on the roster, the best replacement we could find for Mark Henry was the Great Khali? Really?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I don't know about you guys, but i've been refreshing wwe.com the last hour. I must know the board's decision!

edit: He's staying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom