• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US/CAN Club Nintendo Thread: New and improved. Read the OP.

IrishNinja

i'm happy some of ya'll are happy bout the nunchuck but goddamn i'd like to see some new stuff go up, especially on the high end. sitting on 1k+ coins and nothing but a game & watch to grab...still jealous the EU kids had a window for that badass zelda TP statue.

HoTHiTTeR

Nintendogs Toy Poodle and Steel Diver 3DS here to trade. Anything recent in the Wii realm or 3ds realm will do - I haven't been buying games the last year for these two consoles :(

Pikma

Banned
http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/3DSXLGamesPromotion/termsENG.html

Somebody should make a new thread about this, for some weird reason I can't do it from my Gamepad:

NoE continues to kick NoA's ass:

Register your 3DS XL on Club Nintendo by January 15th to get one free retail game, you will have the chance to choose from the following titles:

Super Mario 3D Land
Professor Layton And The Miracle Mask
New Art Academy
Freakyforms Deluxe
New Style Boutique

The awesome part about this is that this will also apply to those who already have their system registered.

IrishNinja

aw man, yeah im super jealous of that deal now...wasnt really considering layton but i'dve taken it for that price!

NOA really is balls.

iphys

There are rumours of XLs coming bundled with MK7 soon for $200, so maybe that's like some sort of ambassador thing to appease early adopters since the XL has only been out a few months. Lol, the 3DS XL ambassador program.

iphys

Well, I hope NA gets the same sort of deal for a free game, because I'd much rather get a red XL (not to mention a new colour) if I could get a free game download code instead of having to get blue to get the free MK7.

Tunic

Does anyone happen to know if you can only get coins for ZombiU if you purchase the game on the eShop? I have heard that there is not a code for CN in the retail version.

NoRéN;44853990 said:
+ a $30 gift card with purchase at Toys r Us next week.
My goodness, that is tempting.

I promised myself I'd wait until the two year mark though.

Oh, and I wanted an all black or all white version.

scoot3r

I got two emails from Nintendo, platinum award shipped and I won the Kirby cards, did anyone else win the Kirby cards?

Edit: so after some googling it said only 190 people will get them! No way right?

Got my platinum cards :D

Too bad the box they came in is ripped. I wonder if they'd send me a new one.....

They are kind of neat, like clear see through plastic, all shiny. Probably not very good for actually playing cards with.

Edit: they also show fingerprints almost as bad as my Wii u gamepad, heh

I got two emails from Nintendo, platinum award shipped and I won the Kirby cards, did anyone else win the Kirby cards?

Edit: so after some googling it said only 190 people will get them! No way right?

*shakes fist* Dammit. Missed out on the coin... missed out on the cards. Bleh.

Post pictures of the cards. :)

here's a few
(I am not a good photographer. They look much nicer in person)

LNgcp.jpg

irkqf.png

N5fKm.png

Held the third one up to the ol' christmas lights so you can kind of see the see-through-ness

Kazerei

Banned
What do the cards feel like? For some reason they look slippery, but I'm guessing they're just like normal glossy playing cards.

They feel awful. Incredibly thin - almost unreal how thin it is. They seriously have the "firmness" of a photograph, and even that is being generous. I'm really disappointed in them. Not that I expected to use them as actual playing cards, but that is absolutely not an option regardless - they'd likely tear or bend outright after shuffling

Also sorry for the cross post from the other thread - forgot about this one! Seems more appropriate.

iphys

I'm also waiting for my platinum prize to ship. Anyone from Canada had theirs ship yet?

They probably just shipped our lot up to Nintendo Canada to be distributed to us separately. I'll be like the last person to get my reward as per usual, thanks to living on the opposite coast.

rpmurphy

They feel awful. Incredibly thin - almost unreal how thin it is. They seriously have the "firmness" of a photograph, and even that is being generous. I'm really disappointed in them. Not that I expected to use them as actual playing cards, but that is absolutely not an option regardless - they'd likely tear or bend outright after shuffling

Also sorry for the cross post from the other thread - forgot about this one! Seems more appropriate.
They are quite thin, but you won't easily bend them shuffling. Very flexible.

Also there are two different Jokers. One has the grey background behind Bowser as shown in the pics above, the other is black.

Davey Cakes

Just got my cards. They feel a bit flimsy. The reflective sheen is also actually a bit distracting. Still pretty neat, but as a platinum prize it's on the level of the pins for me. Then again, I might actually use the cards at some point, so that's a plus.

Overall they're aesthetically pleasing though. The design is cool. The quality seems iffy.

EDIT: Wow, they're very slippery too. So much that I couldn't imagine trying to play with them.

Rootbeer

Banned
Whew... spent over an hour registering all of my recent games + Wii U & 3DS XL systems. Now I'm platinum, yay!

I've been Gold for the past few years... my very first Platinum.

I missed that awesome statue a few years ago... I would really really love to get something of that level for the next plat reward!

zroid

Banned
I missed that awesome statue a few years ago... I would really really love to get something of that level for the next plat reward!

With two systems being released in this year, it's less likely :(

Lots of people will be reaching platinum. It doesn't necessarily mean the reward will be bad, but it'll probably be cheaper to mass produce.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
The Ubisoft Uplay "App" finally went up on the Wii U eShop. I suppose that's all that's new for the eShop.

I'm curious as to whether or not it will have any coin value...

Gold nunchuk came today, what crappy packaging, heh. Just loose in a box, with the cable wrapped in blue plastic and the nunchuk itself in a foam sleeve.

I got my cards, too! I like them a lot, actually. They're just super-super hard to photograph, for some reason, but they're pretty nice. They're pleasant to hold and shuffle; I'ma have to break them in soon!

Note: You'll prolly get little sparklies all over your hands from the designs when you first open them up, haha

Tunic

I got my cards today! They are actually very nice cards. Will have to break them in with a few rounds of poker.

Top Bottom