• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Who is the best KoF character and why is it Athena?

Mephala

Impossible to choose one.

Truest and most honest answer. There are so many awesome characters.

Most of my favourites have already been mentioned so I'll just bring up Shion as I really like his animations.
g3Mzb0V.png

zrmyYrg.gif
vxhs28s.gif

I really like the little things like how he can kick the dart for an additional attack. He also uses a mix of weapons favouring the spear which happens to be a weapon type I really like.
JmNGLjL.gif

D.Lo

I can't choose. I have real trouble choosing teams because I have like 20 'favourites'.

It's a truly deep ensemble cast.

Yep, best one.

There will NEVER be a sprite based KOF again.
Yeah, that new thing should really be called Maximum Impact 3.

But Capcom released what was really Street Fighter EX4 (an outsourced 3D game) as Street Fighter IV as well. At least we got quite a few more 2D games in KOF, unlike Street Fighter which unfortunately ended in 1999.

PSqueak

Banned
So what was the deal with this version of Athena, the art style for the face was so particularly jarring compared to the rest of the other fighters for some reason.

Not just Athena, but in that game they reversed a lot of characters into the design of their first ever games, that's why Terry also reversed to his FF design rather than the MOTW design he had in the previous game.

Fuz

Banned
vice-cv-walkback.gif

vice-kof13-stance.gif

Special mention is extended to Terry Bogard and Rock Howard though.

Love her too. Probably the sexiest character in any fighting game, ever. Too bad I can't play her.

SNK has made such an incredible number of amazing characters.
...I need a new KoF.

Verd254

Neo Member
Hell nah. Mai > Chun and Yuri > Sakura all day.

I wasn't saying I like the characters more. CVS2 has different character art depending if you use an SNK or Capcom groove so sometimes the SNK characters will be drawn Capcom style and vise versa. That said, Sakura is my girl and Mai and Chun are tied for me. Yuri I don't care for at all.

NeonZ

You'd think they would have remembered copyright problems from when they had to make a last minute change to the design on Choi Bounge for infringing on Freddy Kreuger.

Well, they seemingly never had problems with Benimaru in spite of his obvious similarities with Polnareff.

Although I guess he didn't rip off both the looks and abilities, only the looks.

Marz

I can't choose. I have real trouble choosing teams because I have like 20 'favourites'.

It's a truly deep ensemble cast.

Yep, best one.

Yeah, that new thing should really be called Maximum Impact 3.

But Capcom released what was really Street Fighter EX4 (an outsourced 3D game) as Street Fighter IV as well. At least we got quite a few more 2D games in KOF, unlike Street Fighter which unfortunately ended in 1999.

Lol plz stop this is reaching for nothing.

Top Bottom