• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 possibly delayed until Summer?

tumblr_nx5jruAHuD1uet761o1_400.gif

I'm enjoying watching this train wreck more than I want the game

This is why you don't launch on 6 consoles/handhelds.

Christ, half of the original intended target hardware has or will have reached the end of it's life by the time this comes out. Will it have been worth the delays getting the online portion to work on dead consoles?

Colin from kinda funny will be pissed. I think he refuses to talk about games until they are released sometimes. Like Axiom Verge for vita. Didn't want to mention it until it came out.

I really do hope this game gets released soon. This sounds frustrating.

Man, me and a few of my friends all backed this game since we were huge megaman fans. After the whole Red Ash thing we've just given up. None of us want to even play the game anymore we just want this ride to be over but Inafune refuses to let us off.

Compsiox

Banned
Man, me and a few of my friends all backed this game since we were huge megaman fans. After the whole Red Ash thing we've just given up. None of us want to even play the game anymore we just want this ride to be over but Inafune refuses to let us off.

businessman.jpg

Geedorah

I'm so shockingly disappointed in this project. If I could request a KS refund I would, if anything just to send the message that treating backers like this should be unacceptable. Really hope they pull out some kind of "thank you" gift for the delays.

This is why you don't launch on 6 consoles/handhelds.

Christ, half of the original intended target hardware has or will have reached the end of it's life by the time this comes out. Will it have been worth the delays getting the online portion to work on dead consoles?
Nope. This is a valuable lesson to anyone doing a KS in the future about overpromising your hardware spread.

Focus first, spread the love later after a successful launch.

keero16

Neo Member
Considering how it's almost May and we still don't have a set date, another delay doesn't surprise me at all.

I honestly think the game will be decent when it does eventually release. But everything leading up to it has been a disaster, and the brand name is already tarnished before it even had a chance. It's hilarious, actually

Mighty No 9 is an actual game that will eventually release, at least.

All because Mighty No. 9 is an actual game compared to Project Phoenix doesn't make me feel much better about it.

A lot of people, including myself and tons of Mega Man fans, put trust in Inafune to do this. I could've used a bit more common sense before backing Project Phoenix since the team had no real resume to begin with, but with the Mega Man creator "finally out from the chains of Capcom", I thought the Mighty No. 9 situation would've turned out so much better than this. The MN9 situation right now wasn't even a remote possibility to me when the KS was still active, still blows my mind that this is reality. I haven't felt this betrayed since Brink.

Dremark

Banned
Why is every MN9 thread so full of hate for the game and Inafune and schadenfreude toward the backers? It would be one thing to get mad about the delays if you were actually looking forward to the game and the delay disappointed you, but it seems like some people are both angry at the delay and spiteful of the game itself.
Unless the angry people are all backers, which I doubt, then it makes sense.

My real issue is the lack of communication particularly when they tried to do the Red Ash kickstarter and basically ran it while leaving people under the impression MN9 was shipping immediately afterward only to delay the game.

I do feel bad for the backers who want to play it. In all honesty the game looks pretty fun too and I want to check it out as well.

In the meantime I'll enjoy the humor value though, it's the best running joke in gaming today.

Azull

I'm laughing at the ridiculousness of this whole project and its constant delays but I can't help but feel bad for everyone who is getting the shaft from backing this. Hopefully this is the last time?

KingBroly

Banned
It's kinda maddening that the project's basically gone dark at this point. There hasn't been any news in forever.

And I'll reiterate. This is the Poster Child of why people won't back/kickstart games. It's going to be a long time before a project manages to out-shit this game's development mess.

Onaco

I put my in $60 in September 2013. I was a Freshman in college, eagerly anticipating this retro revival. I am now finishing my Junior year and will be starting my Senior year this Fall. So please, Inafune, tell me what you did with my $60 wasn't wasted. Just release the damn thing. These kinds of games used to take a few months to make on the NES where there were far more limitations.

kewlmyc

In the digital age, how is that even true? If they released it earlier, and then continued polishing it and patched it later on, it would be exactly the same.

Eh, it's probably not true, it's just the phrase that gets thrown around every time a big game gets delayed (UC4, P5).

I'm so shockingly disappointed in this project. If I could request a KS refund I would, if anything just to send the message that treating backers like this should be unacceptable. Really hope they pull out some kind of "thank you" gift for the delays.
Your thank you gift will be the game and they will say nothing else.

DPtheGod

Fuck this game. I've had it preordered and paid in full at GameStop for almost 2 years now. Inafune, you're an asshole. Trying to add multiplayer in a game that is supposed to be for the fans. How many people even asked for that shit? Suck some ass, Inafune.

/rant. Please don't be true...

Indelible

This game better be mind blowingly awesome when it finally releases, Inafune basically killed any goodwill he had with all of these delays.

Krabboss

there was a time I said this game would never come out and some anonymous GAFfer told me there's no reason to believe the game won't hit its early 2016 release date (whatever it was).

anyway, it's good to be right

Dremark

Banned
And? They're completely different scopes and people didn't directly fund the development of Zelda.

People did drop hundreds of dollars on a console expecting it to be an exclusive though so it's not like it should be immune from criticism.

Caelus

People did drop hundreds of dollars on a console expecting it to be an exclusive though so it's not like it should be immune from criticism.

Eh, I don't get that. Why not just wait til the actual game is out to purchase the console, if you're gonna play games other than Zelda then it's not entirely a waste of money. I think. I still haven't bought a Wii U. (It is Nintendo's fault they didn't get a proper exclusive though.)

More on topic, Bloodstained's looking a lot better right now. A lot better.

Top Bottom