• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The worst characters on television

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all of the female lead hate, I'm curious what people here think about this character:

ZTZkY.png

Katie Nichols from Terriers. She plays a (somewhat) similar role in the story to Betty and Skyler, so does she get the same level of hate? Or is she (actual spoilers)
repentant
enough that she gets a pass?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Gooster said:
Then there's Denise, who treats her family like shit when she comes home from college, and then goes off to Africa where she meets her husband, but then she comes back and is too afraid to move to Rhode Island so she fucks up making reservations for housing on the base her husband would be stationed at (Navy) on purpose and faces no consequences as a result. Mommy and daddy will take care of it. Fucking bitch. Ugh.

/seriousbusiness

A Different World got way better after Denise left. Truth

_Isaac

It's time for another one from me.

Q5Tg4.jpg

Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother. I just feel like he's a little played out by now. He's also too cartoony and because of that he's not very interesting at all. I end up not caring about anything he has to say or what he goes through. I guess he does have some funny moments, but I'm just a little tired of him by now.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Scullibundo said:
chloe-scowl.jpg

This is the only correct answer. Fuck I hate her. How did she manage to stay alive for so long on this show?

The fans. There was really nothing special about the character Chloe. She was just another CTU agent that lacked any and all social skills. But the show went crazy with killing characters off, and she was the only person that still had a connection to Jack. So they needed someone who would break CTU protocol by assisting Jack in the later seasons. If Tony had been around longer, it would have been him. Same with Chase. The burden just so happened to fall on her character. Jack & Chloe became the only consistent things from Season 3 onwards.

Scullibundo said:
chloe-scowl.jpg

This is the only correct answer. Fuck I hate her. How did she manage to stay alive for so long on this show?

I would have agreed with you based on Season 3 and half of Season 4 alone

She became awesome from then on

Grizzlyjin said:
The fans. There was really nothing special about the character Chloe. She was just another CTU agent that lacked any and all social skills. But the show went crazy with killing characters off, and she was the only person that still had a connection to Jack. So they needed someone who would break CTU protocol by assisting Jack in the later seasons. If Tony had been around longer, it would have been him. Same with Chase. The burden just so happened to fall on her character. Jack & Chloe became the only consistent things from Season 3 onwards.

This is why I think killing off George Mason in season 2 was a bad idea. He was the perfect foil for Jack, more official and by the book, but not totally blinded by protocol like Chappelle. Would have been interesting to see how he'd act in the later seasons.

Jerk

Banned
_Isaac said:

Q5Tg4.jpg

Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother. I just feel like he's a little played out by now. He's also too cartoony and because of that he's not very interesting at all. I end up not caring about anything he has to say or what he goes through. I guess he does have some funny moments, but I'm just a little tired of him by now.

Lucky for you they have actually been putting a lot of effort into developing his character.

Also, take it as you will, but he is the best written of the lot.

Skylar hate boggles my mind. Walt is a fucking monster who pushed her to the brink. I was cheering for her when she delivered the
"I fucked Ted."
line.

Jack and Kate on Lost are the most annoying characters ever. Horribly acted and written. Their backstory episodes were insufferable.

Tron 2.0 said:
I'm gay and I don't find Kurt relatable at all.

It's like finding Jesus relatable.
LMAO yes. I also don't find him the slightest bit relatable. He is a two dimensional flaming stereotype. Easily one of the worst characters currently on tv. Actually, you can say that about most of the Glee cast.

Scullibundo said:
Because she is hilariously awesome and the best character on the show. They should have killed off Jack and made her the lead. Don't you also hate Laura Roslin? >_<

Riposte

Zekes! said:
Everyone in that show besides Ando was terrible. Ando's my homie

Cheerleader bitch stands out as terrible. I mean everything about her sort of represents what is bad about the show(no character growth, rehashed plot lines).

Spotless Mind said:
Skylar hate boggles my mind. Walt is a fucking monster who pushed her to the brink. I was cheering for her when she delivered the
"I fucked Ted."
line.

Jack and Kate on Lost are the most annoying characters ever. Horribly acted and written. Their backstory episodes were insufferable.

LMAO yes. I also don't find him the slightest bit relatable. He is a two dimensional flaming stereotype. Easily one of the worst characters currently on tv. Actually, you can say that about most of the Glee cast.

Because she is hilariously awesome and the best character on the show. They should have killed off Jack and made her the lead. Don't you also hate Laura Roslin? >_<

Oh fuck why did you have to remind me about her? Yes, a million times yes.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Eggplant Wizard said:
With all of the female lead hate, I'm curious what people here think about this character:

ZTZkY.png

Katie Nichols from Terriers. She plays a (somewhat) similar role in the story to Betty and Skyler, so does she get the same level of hate? Or is she (actual spoilers)
repentant
enough that she gets a pass?

From the few episodes I got to see I don't remember her being bitchy though. Not like Skylar or Better but Skylar's situation was/is much more volatile.

I don't know who the vast majority of these characters are. Names of the show and character and why you think they're bad would be helpful.

dralla said:
cant stand her ass lol

_Isaac said:

Q5Tg4.jpg

WTF?!?!?!?! how can you hate on him

MYE

Snuggler said:
I can't bring myself to hate Betty Draper. January Jones is just so goddamn fine, she can do no wrong by me.

She is called January Jones?

Oh man. That woman has NO FLAWS!!!

Brinbe

UberTag said:
Took long enough
KuGsj.gif

And I'm not familiar with every one of these people, but in the cases of characters like Peggy from KoTH and Ziggy from The Wire, I also wouldn't put them in this category, since they're intentionally written to evoke those negative emotions/reactions out of you.

bloodforge said:
I don't know who the vast majority of these characters are. Names of the show and character and why you think they're bad would be helpful.

If you don't already know who it is, how can I expect you to understand? If I provide you with a name, I'd only be subjecting you to bad things fueled by your curiosity.

BlueTsunami said:
From the few episodes I got to see I don't remember her being bitchy though. Not like Skylar or Better but Skylar's situation was/is much more volatile.
You probably didn't see it then.
She sleeps with her college professor while drunk and gets pregnant.
It's a poor comparison. Her situation is nothing like that of Betty and Skylar, as it was entirely of her own creation, so i can understand the hate for her.

MYE said:
She is called January Jones?

Oh man. That woman has NO FLAWS!!!

She had her SNL episode. :/

BlueTsunami said:

I'm guessing you probably didn't watch far enough to see where they'd be comparable. Not in terms of characterization, but they both make big problems for the protagonist.

Going back to Glee characters, Will is definitely the worst, but Quinn is terribly written. Her goals and personality are rewritten every time the writers decide to start a new storyline involving her.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
brianjones said:
gafs hate for female leads is usually entirely irrational (i.e. skylar and betty cooper)..
I don't get how despicable or morally ambiguous female leads always get flak on the internet, when their male counterparts never get as much disdain, i mean not one person has posted vic mackey or don draper in this thread!

That said the responses in this thread don't seem to make the distinction between poorly written characters or characters that personally just annoy you, always a problem with these kind of threads.

Angry Fork said:
This is how most police are, at least who i've encountered in NYC. And it's one of the big reasons i've grown to hate police, especially undercovers. Almost all of the ones i've encountered that pull me off to check for drugs or some shit are all high school football rejects with a complete lack of respect for anyone they encounter and have joined the police because they couldn't get a job as a bouncer. Real pigs.
Yeah i absolutely hate herc but i thought his character was pretty well-done, especially since I've known cops that are somewhat similar.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I can't believe the Peggy Hill mentions.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Lafiel said:
I don't get how despicable or morally ambiguous female leads always get flak on the internet, when their male counterparts never get as much disdain, i mean not one person has posted vic mackey or don draper in this thread!

The majority of users here are definitely male so its no surprise that its easy to relate to a male role and their flaws versus a female that seems to just always be at odds with their partner.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
UberTag said:
he's really terrible

I mean I don't mind his personality that much, and he's actually funny every once in a while. I haven't watched much wrestling recently, but seriously every person who gets in the ring with him has a more exciting set of moves than Cena does. Every person.

Mr. Sam

Kurt from Glee. I mean, Glee is as bad as most American teen dramas in that I'm supposed to empathise with these rich, attractive, entitled turds. Kurt, however, is every offensive gay stereotype wrapped into one, turned up to 11 and unleashed on an already irritating show.

Ziggy from The Wire I found quite sympathetic, particularly when his motivations were revealed. He felt like the runt of the family, perpetually unloved, constantly just trying to be noticed. Also, he had a fat cock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom