• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Marvel vs Capcom: Hype Train to Comic Con; Now Boarding! Lupinko @ post 500+

Status
Not open for further replies.
She could find herself with new powers for all we know. I'm pretty sure that it'll be a big upgrade from her old powers. Why else would they bother to take them away?
Because Marvel is famous for making controversial decisions that change a character, and then deciding they don't know what to do with said character, so they reverse them.

Now it's more than eight hints again? Who said there were only eight from the start?
Lupinko said there were only 8 a day or two ago.

I honestly found the idea of Asura in this game really stupid. The Vs series is about giving characters with a legacy, popularity and a pedigree a chance to shine where they otherwise might not. Using MvC as another marketing tool seems really cheap and demeaning towards the MvC brand if you ask me...

They can market his game and sell it just fine.
I don't mind Asura in the game, especially when he's measured up against the likes of Frank West, Phoenix Wright, and Chris, he at least looks like he belongs. I just don't think there's anything at all suggesting he will be in.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SolarPowered said:
I honestly found the idea of Asura in this game really stupid. The Vs series is about giving characters with a legacy, popularity and a pedigree a chance to shine where they otherwise might not. Using MvC as another marketing tool seems really cheap and demeaning towards the MvC brand if you ask me...

They can market his game and sell it just fine.
How do you feel about X-23 and She-Hulk? It's not about marketing the game, it's about marketing the comics. If this was the deal struck to give me my MvC3 after 10 years, I'm not terribly bothered.

Also, he's telling us to focus on the 8 we have atm. Maybe because we don't have em all yet?
lupinko Lance Lingos
possibly, but right now, just focus on those 8 #datmarvel

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Off topic, but I think I played the topic creator yesterday. You were using Hulk/Haggar/Phoenix if I recall correctly. I noticed because I had the thread open while playing.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, reading up on SRK now and they're criticizing bits of it without actually reading it, donuts and Elektra specifically :lol

Someone on GameFAQs photoshopped this:

smvc3roster.png

I think a character select re-jig would be in order. I always roll my eyes when people try and say "NO HES NOT IN THE GAME, HOW WOULD HE FIT IN THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN TO COMPLETE IT?" as if there is some sort of hierarchy where completing said screen is of utmost importance and devs aren't competent enough to create a new grid for selection.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:
Damn, reading up on SRK now and they're criticizing bits of it without actually reading it, donuts and Elektra specifically :lol

I think a character select re-jig would be in order. I always roll my eyes when people try and say "NO HES NOT IN THE GAME, HOW WOULD HE FIT IN THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN TO COMPLETE IT?" as if there is some sort of hierarchy where completing said screen is of utmost importance and devs aren't competent enough to create a new grid for selection.

Hmmm, now I want Black Cat in the game. Team Girls in Black Leather- X-23, Trish, Black Cat.

How do you feel about X-23 and She-Hulk? It's not about marketing the game, it's about marketing the comics. If this was the deal struck to give me my MvC3 after 10 years, I'm not terribly bothered.
IMO, that's not marketing the comics. Those ARE high-selling, popular comic characters. For many current Marvel fans, they were much-wanted. The balance is more about pleasing 90s Marvel fans vs. current Marvel fans.

Also, he's telling us to focus on the 8 we have atm. Maybe because we don't have em all yet?
lupinko Lance Lingos
possibly, but right now, just focus on those 8 #datmarvel
He seemed in a rush - I doubt he had time to look at our list. I tweeted it to him.

Ugh, drives me nuts.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Karsticles said:
IMO, that's not marketing the comics. Those ARE high-selling, popular comic characters. For many current Marvel fans, they were much-wanted. The balance is more about pleasing 90s Marvel fans vs. current Marvel fans.

He seemed in a rush - I doubt he had time to look at our list. I tweeted it to him.

Ugh, drives me nuts.
I'm fairly sure he's seen it. He just doesn't want to comment. He came into the thread not long after and posted:

lupinko said:
I think the real debate here is the revival of Jem.

You sneaky little devil you.
Just tell us if it's Elektra or Mephisto so we can go home to our families, man.

OMG Aero

Is Phoenix Wright really a certainty at this point?
As much as I would love him to be in the game, it doesn't really seem like a Capcom thing to do considering they don't intend to localise AAI2.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Karsticles said:
New tweets; we'll know from now on whether something is about Marvel:
http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/90780769869496320
http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/90787296051331072

Confirmation that there were more than 8 hints:
http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/90789141809332224

-.- what a roller coaster ride we having.

OMG Aero said:
As much as I would love him to be in the game, it doesn't really seem like a Capcom thing to do considering they don't intend to localise AAI2.

It seem to be very certainty. I think there are few reasons why they finally decided to add him or someone from his series.

1) Phoenix Wright Movie
2) Many people want him in.
3) One of the popular series on handheld
4) Trying to increase japanese players for marvel series

OMG Aero said:
Well the game will still launched in Japan at least, those guys likely want an Ace Attorney rep as well. Plus if advertising is the scheme there is still Wright/Layton to come (if it still exists)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OMG Aero said:
As far as certainty goes:
1) Strider
2) Phoenix Wright
3) Jubilee
4) The rest

Strider and Phoenix Wright are pretty confidently a lock, people have accepted that and moved on. Also, adding onto what IntelliHealth said, both those two have also coincidentally been namedropped by Seth recently. Contextually, we can say they're in.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Grecco said:
Photoshop fails for using Chuck Green instead of Frank.

You know, I never understood the fascination with Frank West. He's pretty much the lowest form of protagonist, devoid of empathy or relatable drive. He didn't even do anything mildly cool in his game. You could replace him with a walking sausage and it would have the same effect. Chuck at least had his daughter, and had a personal stake in the progression of his game.

They've changed him mildly in Off the Record, giving him more of a personality, but that's a more recent development.

I guess it's just for a separate topic entirely. I'd personally rather have Chuck.

OMG Aero said:

They added Soki and Batsu in TvC. There aren't any new Onimusha or Rival Schools on the horizon.

In terms of Marvel examples, we can just look at Dante, who is going to be a completely different character going forward, if Capcom has their way. Or Arthur or Haggar, two relics that aren't getting their own games any time soon.

Besides, can't you imagine this guy socking you in the jaw?

Phoenix.jpg

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
GuardianE said:
You know, I never understood the fascination with Frank West. He's pretty much the lowest form of protagonist, devoid of empathy or relatable drive. He didn't even do anything mildly cool in his game. You could replace him with a walking sausage and it would have the same effect. Chuck at least had his daughter, and had a personal stake in the progression of his game.

They've changed him mildly in Off the Record, giving him more of a personality, but that's a more recent development.

I guess it's just for a separate topic entirely. I'd personally rather have Chuck.

I don't care, I don't mind to see either of them.

Chuck with Combo Cards
Frank West with Summoer movesets.

GuardianE said:

I suppose it's the "I've covered wars you know"-line.

GuardianE said:

They added Soki and Batsu in TvC. There aren't any new Onimusha or Rival Schools on the horizon.

In terms of Marvel examples, we can just look at Dante, who is going to be a completely different character going forward, if Capcom has their way. Or Arthur or Haggar, two relics that aren't getting their own games any time soon.
You forget. He's covered wars, you know.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
IntelliHeath said:
I don't care, I don't mind to see either of them.

Chuck with Combo Cards
Frank West with Summoer movesets.

I don't really mind having both characters in either. I'm just trying to figure out why people like Frank over Chuck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GuardianE said:

Who else do you know who has covered wars? Fakeedit: beaten twice.

I always thought the fascination with Frank West was his moveset in TvC, which was, fairly well done and interesting if you ask me. I wouldn't mind that in MvC3, especially if they (there is no evidence of this but:) changed Jill completely so Frank West could be the zombie-guy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
enzo_gt said:
Who else do you know who has covered wars? Fakeedit: beaten twice.

I always thought the fascination with Frank West was his moveset in TvC, which was, fairly well done and interesting if you ask me. I wouldn't mind that in MvC3, especially if they (there is no evidence of this but:) changed Jill completely so Frank West could be the zombie-guy.

I don't think so. People loved Frank before he was in TvC. I never understood why.

Covered wars posts

So he gets love for a single cheesy line? I mean, I like the campiness of it, too. But his inclusion in future titles doesn't mean he's going to repeat this one line over and over like it's a sitcom.

With the ungodly numbers sold of just the last one (over 4 million IIRC) I'm very surprised a Monster Hunter inspired character and level isn't in the game. It'd be like printing money for Capcom.

MrMephistoX

enzo_gt said:

smvc3roster.png

Especially if it's truly Super rather than DLC.

Grecco

GuardianE said:
I don't think so. People loved Frank before he was in TvC. I never understood why.

So he gets love for a single cheesy line? I mean, I like the campiness of it, too. But his inclusion in future titles doesn't mean he's going to repeat this one line over and over like it's a sitcom.

The cheesy line is iconic. How many lines of recent games get repeated so much? Maybe "The cake is a lie" and other silly Portal stuff.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Grecco said:
The cheesy line is iconic. How many lines of recent games get repeated so much? Maybe "The cake is a lie" and other silly Portal stuff.

Are you essentially confirming that the only reason you like Frank West over Chuck is because of that one line?

I get that it's a good line. I'm surprised that the entire character is validated through this one line. "The cake is a lie" is more of a reminder of the cleverness of Portal's writing. I'm not trying to be snarky. I seriously want to know why because I think I'm just missing the appeal.

A friend on LIVE the other day was talking about how much he wants Frank West in MvC3 over Chuck Greene. I asked him why. He repeated the "covered wars" line. I asked him if that was all. He was silent because he couldn't think of another appealing thing about his character. We moved onto another topic.

Grecco

Im saying why that line gets repeated adnaseum. I liked Frank West as a character in all of DR1, i also liked DR1 more than 2, (mostly because of the phtography actually)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Grecco said:
Im saying why that line gets repeated adnaseum. I liked Frank West as a character in all of DR1, i also liked DR1 more than 2, (mostly because of the phtography actually)

That's fine. Photography is a game mechanic, and Frank West is a photographer (but without a camera in DR Wii lulz), but it doesn't do anything for his character. Anyway, I won't derail the thread anymore. I was just curious.

MrMephistoX

GuardianE said:

I think part of the fascination is that the original game was kind of ground breaking when it came out and was IMHO the first killer app for 360. That and the fact that Frank is anything but a typical bald space marine-macho man game hero.

TheOGB

Banned
GuardianE said:
That's fine. Photography is a game mechanic, and Frank West is a photographer (but without a camera in DR Wii lulz), but it doesn't do anything for his character. Anyway, I won't derail the thread anymore. I was just curious.
Just like some of these clues, I think you're trying to hard. Here's what I think: People hear "I'VE COVERED WARS, YOU KNOW" and think to themselves (in Joey Wheeler-esque voice), "Haha, dis guy's alright wit me." That's pretty much all it is, and that's all it needs to be. It's like a commercial.

Becquerel said:
In the good or bad way? :|
Freezepop is generally awesome, tho. <3
I don't know if listening to this song forever is good or bad yet, but either way I can't seem to get enough of it.

TheOGB said:
I don't know if listening to this song forever is good or bad yet, but either way I can't seem to get enough of it.

You should try out some other songs of them if you like the Jem remix - Bike Thief is one of their best. :3

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bark252 said:
MvC3 panel at EVO too?!

iemsWK.gif

ITS GOING DOWN.

If this isn't an indication of something serious to come. I still don't think my body is ready for what awaits. I want it, I don't care what it is, I want it now. GET HYPE.

Also that Neo_G dude has a pretty solid resume there.

EDIT:

lupinko Lance Lingos
But I'm certain that you would know without a word being spoken. Well, this is only the beginning, only the beginning. #datmarvel

lupinko Lance Lingos
whoops forgot this #gafsmvc3thread for that one

Potentially this has to do with my wrap up?

SmithnCo

Grecco said:
Photoshop fails for using Chuck Green instead of Frank.

True. As I've said before, lupinko specifically said "chocolate milk" in his tweet, and chocolate milk was specific to DR1 in the form of coffee creamer. It's Frank.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Nils said:
Off topic, but I think I played the topic creator yesterday. You were using Hulk/Haggar/Phoenix if I recall correctly. I noticed because I had the thread open while playing.

Yeah, that was me and my roommate. I was testing the gameplay with Hulk, Haggar and Phoenix. I can't say that I am pleased with the team.

I have difficult time to come up with main that would help me to do better. I felt that I haven't tap into my potential.

What gamertag did you played as?

Odinson

New Tweet

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/90834731779883008

But I'm certain that you would know without a word being spoken. Well, this is only the beginning, only the beginning. #datmarvel

http://twitter.com/#!/lupinko/status/90834788809834496

whoops forgot this #gafsmvc3thread for that one

Edit - Beaten by Enzo

Mit-

Can't wait for next weekend. I'm hoping they do some kind of mega content pack + gameplay changes and implement it like they did with AE. Collector's/GOTY edition of the game with all the changes on disc, and a relatively inexpensive DLC release. Split it into oldschool MvC3 and Hyper MvC3 or whatever they call it.

I fear it will be too much for a DLC release though. Which, I'm okay with giving them even another $60 before the end of the year, but a lot of people will rage. Usually they can only pull that off after a year of the game being out, and it would be a loooooooong wait until February to get new content because of the damned loud, cheapass internet masses (seriously people, you play fighting games for hundreds of hours and you can't justify yearly purchases? They're worth 10x as much as most $60 games).

Or, it might just be characters that they can release with no real gameplay changes, which would make me sad.

Anyways, I hope Phoenix Wright has a maroon suit, yellow tie, and white hair alternate color
kermit1.gif

Azure J

That Neo_G guy has like the sickest resume under his belt. Gatdamn. :eek:

Hype elevated, this train is now running on unleaded. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom