• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

H ~ 1699
FM ~ 451
GOWU ~ 371
ROTTR ~ 345
RR ~ 239
SOD ~ 81

BB ~ 754
MLB ~ 626
1886 ~ 357
UD ~ 330
U ~ 259
GOW3R ~ 162
TU ~ 24

Huh Forza sales really aren't too shabby. Its beating many of the games on the list. Bloodborne looking good as well as MLB.

And Halo after the 2 biggest months of the year only at 1.7. Still a huge game but nowhere near its peak

creamsugar

3rd party LTD, not include bundle, special edition count as standalone SKU.
2015 games only.

> 3M
PS4: 1, XB1: 1

3M > X > 2M

2M > X > 1.5M
PS4: 2, XB1: 1

1.5M > X > 1M
PS4: 4, XB1: 3

1M > X > 0.5M
PS4: 8, XB1: 9

0.5M > X > 0.2M
PS4: 12, XB1: 12, NWU: 3

0.2M > X > 0.1M
PS4: 11, XB1: 9, NWU: 2

100K > X > 10K
PS4: 70, XB1:54, NWU: 9

Vena

A lot of titles sank in that bottom range, and some sank worse than others no doubt by being closer to 10k than 100k.

noshten

So Halo 5 probably hit 2.1 million when you consider digital, rounded to the nearest tenth.

Halo is probably close to 3 million for the end of the year(WW) if that estimation is true. Realistically if they aggressively bundle with with the Xbox in the future it could do another few million. Historically Halo is probably a game that a lot of new Xbox owners get, is that a correct assumption. How much legs does Chief usually have?

Man looking at the number of titles in each category and the breakdown of how much they sold is a little....scary

Edit - ah those are games only launched in 2015. Nvm not too bad but still not great. 2015 was a soft year for releases really.

Halo is probably close to 3 million for the end of the year(WW) if that estimation is true. Realistically if they aggressively bundle with with the Xbox in the future it could do another few million. Historically Halo is probably a game that a lot of new Xbox owners get, is that a correct assumption. How much legs does Chief usually have?

Given the drastic drop off, I'm not sure if past Halo trends will apply to Halo 5.

Vena

Man looking at the number of titles in each category and the breakdown of how much they sold is a little....scary

Edit - ah those are games only launched in 2015. Nvm not too bad

Depending on what it is you find scary, I don't think it changes much between 2015-only or LTD other than simple numerics of releases. It will always resemble a pyramid, with the bottom getting wider faster than the top/middle.

3.1 WW assuming that the US represents 60 percent of sales. No way of knowing whether that's correct or not. I expect that Halo 5 will be heavily bundled in 2016 but I still expect that the game will end up north of 3 million in the US, excluding bundles.

noshten

Given the drastic drop off, I'm not sure if past Halo trends will apply to Halo 5.

I was under the impression that they were adding new things and it might stimulate new users joining the fray. I guess it all depends on how large and active the player base remains when the next big shooter comes around.
Obviously when looking at past trends you have to temper expectations based on the regress in sales.

Bruno MB

I have sometimes read that how come Bloodborne sales were over 2 million units worldwide, well, now we have more concrete data.

We know that it has sold 754,000 units in the US market, let's add what it has sold in Canada and we have that the total in North America has to be around the million mark including digital.

In Asia Bloodborne was awarded with the Gold Prize which means that shipments (including digital) were over 500,000 units.

Finally, European Bloodborne sales were at 406,000 units by the end of June, let's add the additional units sold during the following 6 months + digital sales and the total will increase notably.

With these 3 regions Bloodborne LTD is already well over the 2 million mark.

I have sometimes read that how come Bloodborne sales were over 2 million units worldwide, well, now we have more concrete data.

We know that it has sold 754,000 units in the US market, let's add what it has sold in Canada and we have that the total in North America has to be around the million mark including digital.

In Asia Bloodborne was awarded with the Gold Prize which means that shipments (including digital) were over 500,000 units.

Finally, European Bloodborne sales were at 406,000 units by the end of June, let's add the additional units sold during the following 6 months + digital sales and the total will increase notably.

Yeah 750k+ retail sales for an exclusive title in todays market is pretty impressive. Game should be decently over 2 million by now including digital

When you add digital, Bloodborne almost gets to 1 million in the US alone. It could be closer to 3 million than 2.

I hope Dreams doesn't bomb as well, but I get the vibe that won't be a very big seller. Hope I'm wrong though
I would be shocked if it doesn't bomb. How would you even market it? Either way, good that Sony is continuing their "we don't really care if it bombs because it is something we want to do" thing.

Welfare

H ~ 1699
FM ~ 451
GOWU ~ 371
ROTTR ~ 345
RR ~ 239
SOD ~ 81

Damn, Halo really has fallen. Forza, Gears, and Rare Replay did really good. State of Decay is eh, but it is a port for a game that many people bought digitally. Tomb Raider has already been discussed.

Vena

Damn, Halo really has fallen. Forza, Gears, and Rare Replay did really good. State of Decay is eh, but it is a port for a game that many people bought digitally. Tomb Raider has already been discussed.

Halo gonna have to fight to not get outsold by Splatoon WW...

... wtf?

H ~ 1699
FM ~ 451
GOWU ~ 371
ROTTR ~ 345
RR ~ 239
SOD ~ 81

BB ~ 754
MLB ~ 626
1886 ~ 357
UD ~ 330
U ~ 259
GOW3R ~ 162
TU ~ 24

Those Tearaway numbers...
UnfortunateShallowHawaiianmonkseal.gif

Poor game couldn't catch a break either time.

Yeah given the state of the racing genre in NA Forza sales are pretty nice. With digital it should be over 500k without bundles. Not bad at all

wapplew

I would be shocked if it doesn't bomb. How would you even market it? Either way, good that Sony is continuing their "we don't really care if it bombs because it is something we want to do" thing.

Maybe the beta will do the tricks?
If that create some buzz on twitch like "Joy of painting", do a Minecraft like soft launch or something.

Also, they need to build a lengthy "playable" level and show it at E3.
First, you play in something like LBP, 2D platforming with good control, after a while, camera move behind character and turn into 3D platformer.
30 second later character jump into a car and turn into kart racer, then he stop and take out a gun and become TPS, later pull a sword and fight a boss like bloodborne.

Bruno MB

[December 2012 LTD] Halo 4 (US bundles not included + UK bundles included) ~ 5.4 million.
[December 2015 LTD] Halo 5 (US bundles not included + UK bundles included) ~ 2.05 million.

Top Bottom