• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

OnPoint

10hr58y.jpg

Quick idea I whipped up. I don't know about the catch phrase. Yes, I stole Anihawk's image bottom. Suggestions welcome.

AniHawk

Gonna turn it over to Okami a day early. Tomorrow will be the last day for The Beatles Rock Band. After Okami, the next game will be Scribblenauts.

okamiad1.jpg

I have no idea what the character means or even if it exists in Japanese. (It is from a Korean source.)

For this next one, pretend that you fold out the first ad to reveal the second:
okamiad2.jpg

okamiad3.jpg

How did I miss this thread Ani.

I would have joined in earlier. And wow Platinum Games actually read GAF, that's amazing. Have they posted since then again?

How many other Dev studios have a company account?

Imagine if there was a EAD, or EAD Tokyo or CapcomJP account too. That's mad. Are we sure it wasn't not someone leading us on?

AniHawk

the thoroughbred said:
How did I miss this thread Ani.

I would have joined in earlier. And wow Platinum Games actually read GAF, that's amazing. Have they posted since then again?

How many other Dev studios have a company account?

Imagine if there was a EAD, or EAD Tokyo or CapcomJP account too. That's mad. Are we sure it wasn't not someone leading us on?

Someone from Sega of America is here, but not in this thread. Capcom reads this thing, we know that from MM9 and Street Fighter IV. Jonathan Blow and his team have seen it too, but they don't have accounts.

The guy from Platinum Games sent out shirts to everyone that made the director of Madworld's top ten favorite ads, so if it was a fake, it was a pretty elaborate fake.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
This thread continues to blow my fucking mind right out of the back of my skull.

The Segal ad also makes me want to revist Okami pretty badly :lol

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Awesome work, everyone.

Torhthelm Tídwald said:
pic

I have no idea what the character means or even if it exists in Japanese. (It is from a Korean source.)

Do you have the source image for the character?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Kilrogg said:
Awesome work, everyone.

The best I can find is 褸 which is used in words meaning "rag". :lol

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
RevenantKioku said:
The best I can find is 褸 which is used in words meaning "rag". :lol

I've just noticed that Amaterasu is part of the character, which is why you were able to look up the character. Silly me. I gave it a try too, and sure enough, all I could find was 褸. The top right-hand part is slightly different (there's one more stroke than on the picture), but I suppose it's still the same kanji.

Sorry, Torhthelm Tidwald (damn, your username is a pain to type :p).

Kilrogg said:

It is this image from this page. Reading the text on the page, it says that the language is actually classical Chinese, even though the artist was Korean. I chose it because it was a rather "dense" character, so you would be able to see Ammy pretty well when I faded to her.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thread of the forever, you have my heart.

I could gush for many lines on my favorite of these ads but I haven't even flipped through all of them yet so I'll spare you for now.

Subscribe'd :D

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
thebaroness said:
I have no idea what the character is either, but I love this ad! Very nice job.

RevenantKioku posted the answer the other day, which I then confirmed: 褸, which reads "ro", "ru" or "rou" and means "rags". I don't think it's used in any Japanese word, apart maybe from some obscure classical reference, location or whatever.

Thanks for the source image by the way, Torhthelm :D.

Top Bottom