• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Withdrawal Thread: The Traveler's space magic is addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already share so many similarities so why not

Halo 5 Guardians; Destiny players are called Guardians
Halo has Ghost vehicles; Destiny companion is called Ghost
Halo Nightfall series; Destiny has Nightfall missions
Didact's cryptum and the Traveler are both giant spheres
Master Chief wore a cloak in the H5 trailer; Destiny has cloaks
Marty heavily utilized choirs and storm drums in both scores
Elites and Fallen fill very similar roles
Nathan Fillion already appears in both
And

Go ahead and throw Keith in there!

The "Reach" is strong in this one.

Yeah I think July was Destiny month coverage

I mean the last 2 days were Raid and High Level Player, I don't know where they could go from here, unless Bungie slipped more info to relay

The last video was called see what a level 29 titan can do and they showed the landing of Old Russia. I wanted to see some level 20+ content. I don't think I'm gonna punch level 2 dregs when I'm that strong.

GutZ31

USER_Halo_Legends_1337_Epic_Bro-fist.gif

Fuck yeah!
Loved all of these.

I added a bunch of the names in this thread. I'm a decent PvPer I use a mic and use callouts, I do work in PvE, I shoot enemies. (Edit: If I missed adding you)Add me for a good time in retail. PSN The_Reckoning

its been explained multiple times, but the character level cap is 20.
After than, you need gear(armor) with "Light" to generate "Motes of Light" to continue leveling up.
Anyone have a source for this? I haven't seen anything that suggests that. Pretty sure Motes of Light are a currency that you earn by getting XP. Once the bar fills up, you get a Mote instead of a level up, and then can spend that Mote on high level gear.

GutZ31

Anyone have a source for this? I haven't seen anything that suggests that. Pretty sure Motes of Light are a currency that you earn by getting XP. Once the bar fills up, you get a Mote instead of a level up, and then can spend that Mote on high level gear.

IbF5gej.png

How I thunk it from this.

Could be my misunderstanding the wording.

IbF5gej.png

How I thunk it from this.

Could be my misunderstanding the wording.

That's under the dialogue box for level 20. It's about being 20, not Light, specifically.

Light directly increases your level once at 20. X Light = 1 level.

Instead of earning no XP at level cap, your XP fills up the bar, and when it fills up you get a Mote.

My understanding, anyway.

GutZ31

That's under the dialogue box for level 20. It's about being 20, not Light, specifically.

Instead of earning no XP at level cap, your XP fills up the bar, and when it fills up you get a Mote.

[Incorrect, in all likelyhood]
I am under the impression that Light is just your ability to contain/obtain Motes of Light.
And as you fill up your Light bar, you get Motes of light, that are used for leveling.

GutZ31

This is probably reality, and my interpretation is incorrect.
Sorry if I have confused anyone.

Seil

I am under the impression that Light is just your ability to contain/obtain Motes of Light.
And as you fill up your Light bar, you get Motes of light, that are used for leveling.

Motes of Light are a currency used to buy stuff from the Speaker in the Tower.

From what we've seen, the light stat directly increases your effective level, every X points of Light = 1 level.

Edit: Beaten due to not reading everything before posting =p

daedalius

The light stat and your coorosponding level is just another way of presenting an item level.

When you have the awesomest and best gear, you are level 29.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

I don't think Motes of Light are used for level past 20 are they?

I think they are the currency used by the Speaker NPC,
This what the wiki tells me:
A Mote of Light is an item Guardians collect by collecting experience after they've reached level 20. Motes of Light can be traded in to the Speaker for Legendary-level armor.

So if you are level 20, every time you ding to the next level, it will be a Mote of Light
Some of the armor requires 20+ Motes if I remember correctly, meaning you filled the XP bar 20 times after hitting level 20.

I think that Light stat that your armor gives, gives you your new level
So reaching 118 Light correlates to +9 levels from 20, making that Titan 29
If you divide 118/9 = it translates to every 13 light added to your stat you gain a level
(Maybe a piece has an extra+1 on it)

Most likely capping the +Light on any Guardian can have to 130 (maybe a little more), making you be a level 30 Guardian and set up for the level 31 Raid for Vault of Glass (Hard Edition)
Cause if they let you level to 31 and be equal to Raid level, the difficulty would change (hard would be normal, just as Devils' when you do it at 7 there's still hard, but be 8, it becomes normal), so I'm guessing Light will be hovering around 130-135, not much more than that

So you'll have to add the right amount to reach the max, in case those Exotic piece become a necessary item to hit the best level possible

GutZ31

So if you are level 20, every time you ding to the next level, it will be a Mote of Light
Some of the armor requires 20+ Motes if I remember correctly, meaning you filled the XP bar 20 times after hitting level 20.

If you divide 118/9 = it translates to every 13 light added to your stat you gain a level

Most likely capping the +Light on any Guardian can have to 130 (maybe a little more), making you be a level 30 Guardian and set up for the level 31 Raid for Vault of Glass (Hard Edition)
Cause if they let you level to 31 and be equal to Raid level, the difficulty would change (hard would be normal, just as Devils' when you do it at 7 there's still hard, but be 8, it becomes normal), so I'm guessing Light will be hovering around 130-135, not much more than that

So you'll have to add the right amount to reach the max, in case those Exotic piece become a necessary item to hit the best level possible

Thanks for the clarification.
Very good explanation as well. Hope this is clear enough for others as it was for me.

Menome

...I'm gonna shoot stuff with my stuff, then obtain stuff to buy more stuff with. Then Raid and stuff.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
...I'm gonna shoot stuff with my stuff, then obtain stuff to buy more stuff with. Then Raid and stuff.

Yes that's a lot of stuff!

Look at this video, Luke talks about Nightfall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRQlCX3Ygs&feature=youtu.be&t=3m36s

As you see he says we gain currency (most likely Vanguard marks) to buy the best Arcane Gear possible
(Your Guardian NPC is show with it's level 20 offerings)

Head is 120 Marks
Chest, Hands, Feet are 65 marks each
For a grand total 315 marks needed just o get a set of level 20 gear with +Light to it

Also each piece gives you +18 Light stat, making your Light stat be 72 when all 4 pieces are acquired. I wouldn't be surprised if that pushed you up to level 25 as Guardian

That would be just your starting gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom