• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Dityrink said:
Was this posted?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/zeldaevent/

6/18: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for 3DS preview event Saturday, 1pm to 5pm. Guests in attendence will have the opportunity to buy Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time one day early at the event.
Lines may form early at some locations - call your local participating store for details.
That's pretty neat. Getting the game one day early doesn't really make a difference to me, but it'd probably be a great opportunity to get a bunch of StreetPass tags.

vatstep said:
That's pretty neat. Getting the game one day early doesn't really make a difference to me, but it'd probably be a great opportunity to get a bunch of StreetPass tags.

How do you get the game a day early when the event is on the 18th and the game comes out the 14th?

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
shadyspace said:
I'm still concerned that losing that "drab and bleak" atmosphere will be a big negative of this remake.
Only few parts in Ocarina were actually "drab and bleak", and we already know they still are. If anything, making the parts that weren't bleak more colorful builds up a bigger contrast, and makes them more noticeable once you get there.

Izayoi

Banned
Dityrink said:
Was this posted?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/zeldaevent/

6/18: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for 3DS preview event Saturday, 1pm to 5pm. Guests in attendence will have the opportunity to buy Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time one day early at the event.
Lines may form early at some locations - call your local participating store for details.
Is that broken? I find it hard to imagine that there wouldn't be early launch events for every major city in Washington state.

Barrett2

GAF, I need some real talk.

I never played this game. I don't have much experience with the series. I played, enjoyed, but didn't finish Twilight Princess & Spirit Tracks.

Is this game significantly better than those?

So excited for this game. Haven't played it since right before Wind Waker came out. It will also be my first 3DS game since I bought the system at launch.

lawblob said:

I never played this game. I don't have much experience with the series. I played, enjoyed, but didn't finish Twilight Princess & Spirit Tracks.

Definitely a lot better than ST I can say that much.

Personally, I still enjoy OoT more, but I want to know what stopped you from finishing TP.

Sianos

lawblob said:

There's a reason the game is #1 on gamerankings, even after all these years. <3

The only huge "flaws", Iron Boots taking forever and aging graphics are being fixed with the 3DS version.

Izayoi

Banned
Izayoi said:
Is that broken? I find it hard to imagine that there wouldn't be early launch events for every major city in Washington state.
Is this the case for anyone else? Can someone check Everett, WA, Bellevue, WA, and Redmond, WA for me?

Barrett2

Kirbyguy said:
Definitely a lot better than ST I can say that much.

Personally, I still enjoy OoT more, but I want to know what stopped you from finishing TP.
I just got bored with TP. Nothing about it grabbed my attention. It felt very tedious.

Well then it shouldn't be an issue with OoT I believe. Except possibly Water Temple, but that apparently is easier this time around.

Darryl

Banned
lawblob said:
I just got bored with TP. Nothing about it grabbed my attention. It felt very tedious.

I had the same problems with TP.

I prefer OoT much more. It's amazing in every way possible. If you haven't played it, you're doing yourself a serious disservice by not giving it a try.

Also, I hate that I pre-ordered OoT @ Amazon but they're having an early release event at Gamestop. I don't care if it's one day early, I wanna play it asap.

Im an idiot I thought it came out tuesday, I forgot nintendo releases are on sundays. I never looked up the release date untill now :( always assumed the 14th for some crazy reason. I guess just child of eden this week.

antonz

blah fucking gamestop. enter Arizona and the nearest Zelda event comes up

GameStop 5538
(702) 395-3587
"7910 W Tropical Pkwy, Ste 130"
Las Vegas, NV 89149

Izayoi

Banned
So apparently no Washington state Gamestops are participating in the early launch. Nintendo's home state, and they aren't doing it.

Fuck.

Foxix Von

Izayoi said:
So apparently no Washington state Gamestops are participating in the early launch. Nintendo's home state, and they aren't doing it.

Fuck.
Yeaah, I posted on the last page that I couldn't find anything other than 2 stores in Colorado, a store in California, and one in Utah. It's pretty screwed up to not have anything up here in Washington =\

Izayoi said:
Is this the case for anyone else? Can someone check Everett, WA, Bellevue, WA, and Redmond, WA for me?

I live in the Tacoma area and wasn't getting anything. Maybe Gamestop just doesn't like Washington?

Izayoi

Banned
Foxix said:
Yeaah, I posted on the last page that I couldn't find anything other than 2 stores in Colorado, a store in California, and one in Utah. It's pretty screwed up to not have anything up here in Washington =\
PigSpeakers said:
I live in the Tacoma area and wasn't getting anything. Maybe Gamestop just doesn't like Washington?
;_;

Oh wow, there must be like 15 Gamestops in the country doing this. Enter any major US city and lol at the results. Feel pretty gotdamned lucky right now.

DXB-KNIGHT said:
ejcomic445.png

:(

This succeeds at making me feel sad. Poor Samus.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
shadyspace said:
Oh wow, there must be like 15 Gamestops in the country doing this. Enter any major US city and lol at the results. Feel pretty gotdamned lucky right now.
Yeah, they're doing it here at the one in downtown Boston. I'll probably end up going, even though I was planning on using Best Buy gift cards to buy mine.

vatstep said:
Yeah, they're doing it here at the one in downtown Boston. I'll probably end up going, even though I was planning on using Best Buy gift cards to buy mine.
See ya there.

Kinda odd both my main gamestop and secondary dont have it....Which is real weird cause the secondary I thought did everything....meh maybe theyll post something by Sunday......Kinda jams me up cause Sunday fathers day so thats shot but when I read this I was like ooooh yeah back to day1 not 2.

Foxix Von

I still don't get how there are whole clusters of states without this event and yet somehow Colorado has TWO. According to google maps they're only 26 minutes away from each other.

I refuse to believe that that list is accurate :mad:

Fuck you guys. Now I want a 3DS and I've played the game three times already. But i wanted to go handheld only until ps4 so I guess this is my chance. Time to start saving...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You have to unlock master quest? :'(

Still, need to get this when I pick up a 3DS. I replayed Majora's Mask on the VC but haven't given OoT a runthrough in a looooong time.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
the-iek said:
Pretty awesome seeing what they did to the ice cavern:

28525.jpg

Lol. Our minds really do deceive us. I remember OoT on the N64 looking more like the bottom screen ;p

Alrus

Only 4 days left until I finally get to play this again. This will alleviate the painful wait for Skyward Sword :)

Izayoi said:
I want to believe, I really do.

Don't do this to yourself... Nintendo's history with games that don't sell as well as they hoped means we won't hear from Samus for a while. They're not even acknowledging Metroid's 25th birthday =/

Necromanti said:
What the shit? And I here I thought Seattle was a major city in the US.
Don't feel bad, even larger markets such as New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and the entire San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose Bay Area don't have any stores doing it.

Izayoi

Banned
Alrus said:
Don't do this to yourself... Nintendo's history with games that don't sell as well as they hoped means we won't hear from Samus for a while. They're not even acknowledging Metroid's 25 birthday =/
;_;

Fuck you, Team Ninja. Fuck you for crushing one of my favorite franchises of all time.

lawblob said:

OoT has vastly better pacing. Especially in the crucial parts (beginning, before end) it is more streamlined and has more interesting stuff to do.

I like Twilight Princess, to me it is the ultimate refinement of the OoT formula, but making something perfect often loses some of the charme, and OoT has charme en masse.

The good thing about OoT is that the main quest is practically perfect. From length to content, to variety and pacing.

DIrtyWeasel said:
Don't feel bad, even larger markets such as New York City, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and the entire San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose Bay Area don't have any stores doing it.

None in Atlanta either. Maybe they haven't put all the locations in yet? Why hold a preview event and not have it in big markets?

trinest

Izayoi said:
;_;

Fuck you, Team Ninja. Fuck you for crushing one of my favorite franchises of all time.
I'm afraid Retro helped. Yes they where alright games- but the fans give them to much credit and defently helped tarnish the series.

As for OoT I'm raging that everyone gets this game this week bar Australia- aka me. RAGE!

Top Bottom