• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A special 'The Legend of Zelda Orchestra Concert' will be available on YouTube on February 9

Nintendo will host a special The Legend of Zelda Orchestra Concert on February 9 at 5:00 a.m. PT / 8:00 a.m. ET, the company announced. You will be able to watch it on YouTube.

The concert will be a pre-recorded performance. Further details were not announced.

Update 2:20 a.m.: The concert was originally planned to be held at Nintendo Live 2024 TOKYO, which was cancelled. A full orchestra will perform various songs from across the series.

Last edited:
Cool!

This is another issue with the newer games, is it seems like all the memorable Zelda music is from the games prior to BotW. Because like most of the OST for the two new games is background/ ambience. I wish the next major Zelda goes back to prioritizing great music and weaving music into the gameplay, like OoT.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Zelda’s music is excellent, they’ve always done a great job in that department.
legend of zelda GIF

Oh, we are 100% getting remakes of rumored oracle games if this shit is popping off.
It's very likely that whole thing was completely made up. It was confirmed to basically just be decently good guess work. The guy that "leaked" it was the same guy who called the two new costumes in yesterday's Peach trailer, but the costumes were already teased in the September trailer.

But agreed that Oracle remakes would be awesome.

Last edited:

Robb

Gold Member
This is another issue with the newer games, is it seems like all the memorable Zelda music is from the games prior to BotW.
Same. While I think BotW/TotK absolutely nails the vibe they were going for with those piano notes that just fly by from time to time the OST definitely isn’t anywhere near as memorable as past titles. There are still some bangers in there, but a lot of them you’ll only hear once in your entire playthrough. The town/stable themes are the ones you’ll hear the most I guess, and those are not all that catchy imo (at least compared to past titles).

I hope they change things up with the next game.

Doom85

Got to see them live in the U.S. quite a few years ago. The hypest moment was at a certain point the conductor stayed still for a moment after the orchestra had finished a song, then she put the baton down, turned toward us, and pulled a Wind Waker out of her tuxedo jacket to begin conducting the WW portion of the songs. The crowd went nuts.

I even got a Wind Waker replica from the gift shop afterwards. Good times.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
Cool!

This is another issue with the newer games, is it seems like all the memorable Zelda music is from the games prior to BotW. Because like most of the OST for the two new games is background/ ambience. I wish the next major Zelda goes back to prioritizing great music and weaving music into the gameplay, like OoT.

Same. While I think BotW/TotK absolutely nails the vibe they were going for with those piano notes that just fly by from time to time the OST definitely isn’t anywhere near as memorable as past titles. There are still some bangers in there, but a lot of them you’ll only hear once in your entire playthrough. The town/stable themes are the ones you’ll hear the most I guess, and those are not all that catchy imo (at least compared to past titles).

I hope they change things up with the next game.
I agree, but I think 'Kass's Theme'(especially he complete version) also falls into the classics. Although the Rito Village music is a reinterpretation of an old song, it's different enough and quite beautiful too.

Top Bottom