• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall launch trailer & tech trailer

i7JAVkLOQxHML.gif

That looks like a CGI cutscene you would get from last gen and this is just a launch game. People actually thought the graphics leap was going to be small lol.

BigDug13

Image on the right seriously looks way better to me. It's less blurry. The post processing left kind of a haze over everything.

Isn't that the point from an artistic perspective? It's supposed to be a bit of a dusty environment just based on the amount of destruction happening on the planet.

Yes the clean, unprocessed version looks cleaner, but that's exactly the opposite of what they're shooting for.

OMG, to think I own this game right now and can't play it yet!
Seriously.

I found out last night that my girlfriends friend + boyfriend from Australia are passing through town (and staying with us) this Thursday and Friday night... which bascially means I won't be able to dork out on my PS4 until Saturday... It's just one more day to wait, but torture nonetheless.

KKRT00

The city scenes we've seen don't really look any worse than that and they're real time.

I havent said its not real-time. It is real-time, its clear.

Read a post i quoted. I meant that this looks like a scene that would be pre-rendered in-engine in last generation.

Zen

Banned
Baldy_guy.jpg

We see this guy twice in the trailer, in two different locations. The first time we see him he he getting the two other VSA grunts to lower their rifles that were pointed at you. So clearly he's a side character. I like the idea of there being a characer like that to highlight your seperation, and ties, to the regular VSA grunts. You are special ops like Luger, not regular army.

nib95

Banned
CGI? No.
Pre-rendered in-engine, yes.

Art is fooling You guys, yet again.

No. That segment is actual in-game gameplay. Shortly after that scene you jump out and glide through the city, at least from what I can tell from stitching together different shots we've seen of the exact same segment.

In the gamersyde vid you can see the shimmering a bit more. But gowd allmighty... i can NOT wait to see this on my HD screen.

Last thing GG needs to improve is faces i think.
But the artdirectors of this game deserve a raise.

Edit: is that one bald Helhast a former ISA soldier, by the way?.. seems familiar

Thanks for putting this together, I didn't see that before. It does kind of look like there is a No Man's Land between the two walls.

No problem... Oh and also those saying it is from the intro

there are more multiple scenes where the protagonist is gliding around the area like in KZ Mercenary

Daante

AND THIS IS A LAUNCH TITILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMAGE 1-2 YEARS FROM NOW WHAT SONYS FIRST PARTY STUDIOS WILL BE ABLE TO DO

*tries to calm down after watching that tech trailer*

RyuHei

What....where's the TMAA on/off comparisons? I wanted to see that in the tech video:(
wanted to see what it does, of course with fxaa off.

B.O.O.M

I loved the tech trailer more lol love stuff like these..especially when presented in an easy to understand manner

Launch trailer was boss too. The story looks very interesting this time around

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
CGI? No.
Pre-rendered in-engine, yes.

Art is fooling You guys, yet again.
afaik, the game has no pre-rendered videos. Actually, I can't say for sure, all I remember is they said all cutscenes are from 1st person view, but that doesn't mean they won't be pre-rendered.

The game's ~40GB size sure suggests there might be video files involved though.

What impresses me most is the epic scale of everything in glorious resolution. Vekta metropolis, wartorn city, fleet battle, collapsing buildings in such a clear-cut manner.

This is next gen.

nib95

Banned
The trailer must be a concoction of different builds. Some parts are far cleaner and less jaggy than others. On a side note, the game is now sold out at Amazon.com.

bryanee

I used the WiiU web browser to watch the launch trailer on my TV. Even with the compression it still looked godly on my TV.

RyuHei

In the old gif, the raindrops don't actually do anything to the ground and it looks thicker for some reason. Notice how the rain reacts with the ground.
ibcF3Q6XTet6XN.gif

The rain drops definitely looks a bit weird for me. At least the ground looks much better now though.

-SD-

Banned
Kind of pointless to make an animated PNG comparison out of YouTube footage, but here it is, anyways. From nicely clear and crisp to a washed out look in 3 seconds.

ibg0Hwfhbb2tza.png

Man I missed this because of wobbly PS4's and CoD framerate drops.

It is always nice when you see a true next gen title in the midst of all the current gen ports and half-assed attempts by developers who have realized they do not need to give 100% to make a billion dollars on a title.

The results show. This game destroys all others, and does it in glorious fashion. Epic trailer.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
That's great, I specifically noted how nice the track was while watching. It has a real Chaos Theory Amon Tobin funk to it.
Yeah, the music is again a cut above anything they've done before. Very Amon Tobin, and also again reminded me of Blade Runner.

Top Bottom