• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official (WW) Super Mario Galaxy Thread of Reunions, Forgiveness and Love

bigmakstudios said:
awesome, weird, and possibly crack-induced Mario/Got Milk commercial from when Nintendo used to advertise their games... before Wii Fit: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/3533.html#new_comment
speaking of commercials, do you think Nintendo will be advertising Super Mario Galaxy at all in the coming weeks? I imagine they definitely will, but I wonder if their campaign for Galaxy will be much more extensive than that of Prime 3 or other recent "hardcore" Wii games.

I never owned a 64, but I remember that and the SSB commercials very well.

gwiz210

Ever sense e3 2006 I've been telling people that I've been looking forward to this more than any of the stuff between then and now. I even wore my Mario T-Shirt to the Halo 3 launch :lol This has potential, I believe, to be my favorite game ever.

Akai

Stormbringer said:
Sorry but actually, they never said that. This quote was from a totally bogus Miyamoto interview posted by a shitty fan site a good while ago...
Dear God am I tired of debunking this story after more than 2 years...
I could have sworn I read this on a major site, but okay...Not that it's completely off-base looking at the direction (the awesome) Phantom Hourglass went...

thebagofsand said:
Hows this? I did it in pain, sorry if it sucks :lol
mariohatlol.jpg

It's better than anything I could do!

Akai said:
I could have sworn I read this on a major site, but okay...Not that it's completely off-base looking at the direction (the awesome) Phantom Hourglass went...

Yeah, this quote has definitely been reported as news on some major sites as well. You couldn't believe how much it has spread over the web and how many times I personally had to debunk it on some various message boards...Here is the original, fake interview by the way (it's in french)...
Anyway, yeah, I guess we could argue that the statement reported in this quote could end up being somehow premonitory... But even with the apparently unorthodox Phantom Hourglass (didn't get to play it yet, so I assuming from various impressions), could we say that this game is different enough from TP to qualify the later as the "last Zelda as we know it" ? What about the next console Zelda game ? Will it be that different from these latest games ? I think this could be a valid argument...But somehow I don't think this is the appropriate thread for a thorough discussion on this topic.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
BoxKicker2Turbo said:
Playing at Gamestop is ok... but its much more comfy to play this at home.

Wow, that's awesome!

So, where do you live and what time will you not be at home tomorrow hmm?

mjb3611

BoxKicker2Turbo said:
No, unfortunately it will have to go back to the store in the morning but I couldnt resist trying it out at home. Its gonna be 2 1/2 weeks of hell waiting for my retail copy :(
CHEATER!

AceBandage said:
Impressions?
Feelings?
Thoughts?
Ejaculations?
Brief impressions are that this game is something really special, the art direction and lighting are amazing. The control is very easy to get used to and the game world seems really large but I don't really blaze through games normally. I really feel most people are going to be blown away by this game, it makes the long wait for a true Mario platformer all worth it. I wish I had more time to spend with it tonight, I'm going to try to play for a bit longer and will try to post more detailed impressions tomorrow after work.
P.S. don't hate! Ant1532 will vouch for me (I'm alright!)

ant1532

Banned
Patrick, record some videos of stuff you think people haven't seen yet! Or just of running around and messing around in the hub. I mean come on, you got the game weeks before it hits in NA. DO IT! :D

Edit- Damnit, I think he went to sleep... -_-

Zeed

Banned
BoxKicker2Turbo said:
I'll try to get some videos tomorrow if I'm able. Goodnight and Ill leave with a couple more pics!
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff297/boxkicker2turbo/mario11.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff297/boxkicker2turbo/mario10.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
damn you damn you damn you [B]DAMN YOU[/B]

I wonder if BoxKicker2Turbo could not get in some serious trouble for this?

You know how GAF is everyone on the internets links to posts here a manhunt is a real possibility

Top Bottom