• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Wipeout HD trailer

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Shearie said:
The equalizer effects are very toned down but what I like alot about the new Zone mode is the ethereal soft glow that it has.

Agree. But it was already there. In the preview build, some phases of the Zone run didn't show the equalizer. Just the glow. I liked those phases more. Good they are now "on" during the whole Zone run.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Uh, am I the only one who likes the changes in Zone?

Shearie

Seiken said:
Uh, am I the only one who likes the changes in Zone?

Guess you haven't been reading the thread.

The EQ effects look good in some of the color phases but in others, in particular the yellow phase, it looks pretty garish. I prefer the clean haze of the new Zone but I guess optimally it would switch between the two for variety's sake.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shearie said:
Guess you haven't been reading the thread.
? Explain.

Yoshichan

Shearie said:
Me and TTP have said that we liked the new Zone mode.
Ah, sorry. Glad you liked it :)!

Banned
So are the EQ effects gone completely, or are they just hidden in the options menu and off by default now?

Hopefully the extra development time has let them get the game running at 60fps.

Klytus

I never thought I'd say this, but £11.99 does seem too cheap. It devalues the what is quite plainly an amazing product, especially when you consider that Fatal Inertia was what, £20? Fair enough if they intend to milk us for DLC. I'll be first in the queue. And if it does come out before the end of the month, I will do the dance of joy.

1152580207620.gif

65536 said:
Hopefully the extra development time has let them get the game running at 60fps.

It's always been running at 60fps. It just had some hiccups at some point, but they've cleaned that up and now it's a solid 60fps all the time.

BeeDog

I hate the new Zone mode, noooooooooooooooooo.jpg x 1000000. I like how dynamic the track felt with the equalizer bars, now it's pretty damn clinical and barren.

Hype -1/2.

PowderedToast

While I miss the swooshing EQ effect of the old Zone, the tracks themselves look way better. Cannot wait for this game, plus I've just found out I live about 5 minutes away from Studio Liverpool, which is pretty neat.

DrPirate

Banned
I'm sorry, watching that old Zone footage and I was starting to get sick to my stomach and it was giving me a headache.

I'm a HUGE wipeout fan and I'm glad they toned it down, the new version looks MUCH more playable to me and thus, alot more fun. I love the change and thank the team at Sony Liverpool for the changes.

BeeDog

I'm pretty freaking surprised that so many are accepting the new Zone mode. If I remember correctly, when the rumors hit that Zone mode would be altered, didn't pretty much everyone cry that they absolutely don't want it to be changed?

:~(

Dante

BeeDog said:
I'm pretty freaking surprised that so many are accepting the new Zone mode. If I remember correctly, when the rumors hit that Zone mode would be altered, didn't pretty much everyone cry that they absolutely don't want it to be changed?

:~(

Zone mode is cool, but I think most of us are more concerned with the actual race modes and features. It's edited, the old mode is gone, no sense in crying over spilt milk :) Only thing left is to hope that in the US we get a sweet price like those in Europe.

soldat7

PowderedToast said:
I've just found out I live about 5 minutes away from Studio Liverpool, which is pretty neat.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to *thud!clubtothebackofmyhead*.

Klytus

BeeDog said:

I think some folk (myself included) were worried that it going to be removed entirely. The fact that it's still in there, even if slightly toned down, is a huge relief.

Durante

BeeDog said:
I think I played Zone mode about 20 minutes (out of at least 20 hours of Wipeout) on PSP. I much preferred the earlier version but it's really not a big deal. Unlike the price, which is just too cheap.

Dead Man Typing said:
£12.

I need a gif that fully coneys the envy I'm feeling right now as a non-PS3 owner.
goodps3news.gif ?
(sorry I don't have it :lol)

BeeDog

Klytus said:
I think some folk (myself included) were worried that it going to be removed entirely. The fact that it's still in there, even if slightly toned down, is a huge relief.

Fair enough, didn't look at it from that perspective.

But gimped Zone mode or not, the price point is fantabulous. Still day -1.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wow, the final Zone mode looks fantastic. The old one looks like garish mess in comparison. The added glow really makes the whole thing looks somehow dreamy now.

Going by these videos, auto assist is going to be heavily used. Like many others have said, I don't care for zone mode as much as I do for the actual 16 tracks + online mp. Maybe zone mode turns out really cool, who knows. But for now, what I'm fiending for is for some wipeout, not an epileptic episode :p

Also, custom soundtrack for posterity's (and prosperity!) sake :D

bits of info on auto assist, huds (yay!) + photo mode, stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSNCCMDsQ5g

Game looks gorgeous.

DrPirate

Banned
mintylurb said:
Hey, nice website you've got there!

Anyway, only $20. It's so cheap even jett can afford it!!

Is this price confirmed for NA ?!

If it is, I'll buy one for my cousins account too.

Danielsan

Damn, they need to make the original zone unlockable. It looks so much more awesome. I willing to risk an epileptic attack for that. :lol

h3ro

Danielsan said:
Damn, they need to make the original zone unlockable. It looks so much more awesome. I willing to risk an epileptic attack for that. :lol

Better yet, we should have to do a button combo at the start up screen, like the blood code for Mortal Kombat...

Jim

Danielsan said:

It looks awesome at first, but I'd say it's too distracting as you're playing, especially with certain contrasting colors at high speeds. Zone is hard enough. :p

if this game really does come out at $20, i will be more than willing to get DLC at about $7 as long as it is about the same size as the Pure DLC (1 ship and 2 tracks). who i am kidding even if the game is $30 i will still buy the DLC.

does anyone know if you can change the skins of the menus like the psp versions?

Crayon

1 gig and 25 bucks. less is more, fuckers.

wipeouthd gives you sexual blinky fits for less than a cheap pair of jeans.

Trip Warhawkins said:
Going by these videos, auto assist is going to be heavily used. Like many others have said, I don't care for zone mode as much as I do for the actual 16 tracks + online mp. Maybe zone mode turns out really cool, who knows. But for now, what I'm fiending for is for some wipeout, not an epileptic episode :p

Also, custom soundtrack for posterity's (and prosperity!) sake :D

bits of info on auto assist, huds (yay!) + photo mode, stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSNCCMDsQ5g

Game looks gorgeous.
YES YES YES! They added everything I wanted to the Photo Mode!!!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
FightyF said:
Whaaat, the new Zone looks pretty dumb. And IMO it's more seizure inducing because there's more flashing! The older one didn't flash as much. I already got a headache from watching the new one. NOooooooooooo.

Ah well, what can you do?
I think the new one is much more hypnotic actually, and I dunno... smoother. Really love the glow effect used on the new one.

Top Bottom