• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2011 Nintendo Press Conference Thread: What's in your coffee? [Over]

Ashodin

* lots of posts appear on GAF saying "N64 had better textures than this" and "PS2 level, I am disappoint"

This will happen, I am sure regardless

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I do not even care about Cafe. Just say Xenoblade and Last Story are coming stateside and you win E3. Simple.

ratcliffja said:
This is Mark Rein. He hates all things Nintendo. Even if the next Nintendo console was the only one capable of running the next Unreal engine, he would rather go PC only than support Nintendo.

This isn't true at all.

My town tests tornado sirens the first Tuesday of every month, and they just went off

I started yelling "IWATA'S ABOUT DROP THE FUCKING BOMB! DON'T JUST STAND THERE YOU DOLTS, HEAD FOR E3!"

Needless to say I was the only one who understood me

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Maxrpg said:
* lots of posts appear on GAF saying "N64 had better textures than this" and "PS2 level, I am disappoint"

This will happen, I am sure regardless

I was thinking the same thing

upandaway

DragonKnight said:
Where are you seeing one hour? I don't see that anywhere. Kinda short for so much shit too. The pacing would just be awful.
You guys are talking as if this is your first Nintendo E3 conference.

Calm down. Nintendo does things in an hour. They always did. The pacing was fine. The pacing will be fine.

Geez.

StevieP

Banned
ratcliffja said:
This is Mark Rein. He hates all things Nintendo. Even if the next Nintendo console was the only one capable of running the next Unreal engine, he would rather go PC only than support Nintendo.

While he's been a dick to Nintendo in the past, this is just hyperbole. Cafe will open up an additional revenue stream for (hopefully) little investment. He will be on it.

Unreal engine 2/2.5 was ported by other third parties to Wii, regardless, even without Rein's blessing.

Log4Girlz said:
The best thing they could do is drop little bobombs from the ceiling. That shit would be hilarious.

How about Iwata rolling onto the stage in one of those huge balls you stand in and it has a fuse on top of it??????

Then he accidentally takes out the front row with too much momentum.

ratcliffja said:

You are a fanboy. You really believe that companies can afford to hate other companies in this day and age? Nintendo consoles can't run his shit. Fuck off. Hopefully (and if his twitter is anything to go by) today will change all that

upandaway said:
You guys are talking as if this is your first Nintendo E3 conference.

Calm down. Nintendo does things in an hour. They always did. The pacing was fine. The pacing will be fine.

Geez.

Actually, it's usually over an hour by like 15 minutes.
Last year was 77 minutes.

The infamous Hot or Not from IGN huh? I don't really understand that one. Link..... TP Link? :\ TP adult Link confirmed?...... ?

I expected a Pikmin picture or something, its almost a lock-in for Cafe right?

Oh goodness I'm going crazy with excitement! This really is the greatest time of the gaming year! :D

grkazan12 said:
I pray to the Based God that they call this console "Nintendo". Would be so unexpected and simply awesome to call it Nintendo. They better bring it with their online service as well, the 3DS update was neat, but I hope it's not an indication of what they do with Cafe.

i would feel tingly inside if they called it just Nintendo..

Hopefully AMD will be providing a nice, custom GPU based on either the RV740 or RV770 (at least RV740) with some embedded memory. 1GB RAM would be enough. Not keeping my expectations too high. If Cafe is only Xbox 360 level, I will be disappointed.

Myriadis

I'm pretty sure they won't announce Megaton after Megaton.Some minutes are spent talking about sales and some minutes are spent about Motion Controlling (I expect somthing about Wii Play Motion or whatever it is called).But other than that,I hope I see something nice.If they do it like Ubisoft,with at least two or three games that I like and care about,I would consider it a success.
I don't have high expectations ,so I won't be disappointed at least.And I'll miss half of the conference anyway.:(

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
How about Iwata rolling onto the stage in one of those huge balls you stand in and it has a fuse on top of it??????

Then he accidentally takes out the front row with too much momentum.

Katamari Cafe confirmed.

mj1108

Found an old Mark Rein quote from this article in July 2009: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/wii-market-not-worthwhile-for-epic-games/1/

He added, “But you know if Nintendo comes out with a Wii 2 or a Wii HD, and it's got a couple more processors and a little more memory and better graphics, then yes we'll be on it. I'm not saying there's no interest in being on as many platforms as possible, but it's just that you have to be on the ones you're good at. We're a very high-end engine, and we have the best tools and awesome visuals and great physics. It's more likely the platform will rise up to meet us than we'll go down [to customize our technology for it]. And eventually I think that'll be the case, and it'll be true of handhelds and even the iPhone.

Prez

Nintendo will announce they are leaving the gaming industry and reveal an espresso machine with a screen!

AceBandage said:
Actually, it's usually over an hour by like 15 minutes.
Last year was 77 minutes.

Yeah UP. Eat shit.

I kid. But you really expect them to only do an hour? Where have you been the past couple E3s?

Myriadis said:
I'm pretty sure they won't announce Megaton after Megaton.Some minutes are spent talking about sales and some minutes are spent about Motion Controlling (I expect somthing about Wii Play Motion or whatever it is called).But other than that,I hope I see something nice.If they do it like Ubisoft,with at least two or three games that I like and care about,I would consider it a success.
I don't have high expectations ,so I won't be disappointed at least.And I'll miss half of the conference anyway.:(

I half expect them to come out and diss motion controlling at this point.

This will be my snack during the conference...

YMKkA.jpg

mj1108

Stabbie said:
Nintendo will announce they are leaving the gaming industry and reveal an espresso machine with a screen!

Nintendo being bought by Starbucks?

Iwata as a Barista confirmed?

Top Bottom