• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2011 Nintendo Press Conference Thread: What's in your coffee? [Over]

Gomu Gomu

Sakurai posted this on his Twitter:

tNwgi.jpg

Daaaaamn.

Varjet

Alien Bob said:
You should be. Project Cafe is just the Vitality Sensor. An entire console based on your heartbeat!
CPU clock is based on you heartbeat, 1 beat per minute = 10 MHz :lol

Prez

BY2K said:
What the hell is he teasing!?

A coffee machine in the shape of link which will pour you the hottest cups of coffee! (that's why he asks 'hot or not')

It will be a disappointment though, because it doesn't make ice coffee (that's for the Cafe Plus)

I would take TP completely remastered for HD even it's just to show what Zelda games can look like on the Cafe. But what i'm really interested in is the Cafe's main features, online, and third party support. Some of you may be happy with ports of games that came out ages ago but excuse me for owning more than one console.

DragonKnight said:
It's so nice to want things. The Mark Rein buzz should give you some hope. Do you really think he would care about a console that is on par with the current competition? They are all about the next challenge tech wise and only tech wise. See them neglect all the Kinect shit?

RV740 is much more powerful than the 360/PS3 GPUs, the RV770 even more so. Nintendo probably won't just merely match 360/PS3 with Project Cafe, they need to surpass them, at least somewhat. I guess we'll see within the hour.

Ashodin

Buddy of mine at the conference just sent me this pic!!! :D

259vg37.jpg

Looks like they do that theater shit where they have quizzes while you wait. hahaha

dankir

So basically this is the thread that's going to crash GAF right? Cuz it hasn't fucking happened yet, IS GAF stable now??

HOLD ME I'M SCARED?!@

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ironballs said:
If Cafe can render Wii/ GCN games at 1080p it will be the best system ever.

If we got Dolphin-esque visuals with older games I'd need a change of pants.

X26

Banned
it's going to feel pretty pointless if games don't look noticeably better than ps360 or if it doesn't do something unique

Maxrpg said:
Buddy of mine at the conference just sent me this pic!!! :D

259vg37.jpg

Looks like they do that theater shit where they have quizzes while you wait. hahaha

They did that last year, as well. I think we could see it on the Nintendo stream for a while.

Sianos

Cafe will be more powerful than the HD Twins, but we probably wouldn't be able to tell how much so just by looking at the graphics.

Because, you know, diminishing returns, etc.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
GABDEG said:
http://twitter.com/#!/MarkRein/status/78106325309067264

Maybe..?

No, it's not going to happen.

pls happen

Trying SO hard not to get hyped about this.

shadyspace said:
lulz, awwww. Did Pikachu hurt himself getting hype? I've been there.

Wellll, actually, Samus girl is kissing Pikachu boy. It's an ultra-obscure reference to a couple weird pictures I came across on a Samus-obsession blog that feature Samus and Pikachu kissing. I didn't get it, but it was weird enough and thought maybe someone might catch the reference.

mj1108

dankir said:
So basically this is the thread that's going to crash GAF right? Cuz it hasn't fucking happened yet, IS GAF stable now??

HOLD ME I'M SCARED?!@

Yesterday was a stress test. Today is the REAL test.

GazzaScotland said:
Hopefully not too much time is spent on the 3DS, but thats purely from a selfish point of view.

I want to think it'll be 10% Wii, 30% DS and 60% Cafe?

So what would you guys think if the Cafe actually WON'T have screens on the controllers? I'm kinda liking the idea of it, so I hope they have a screen.

Top Bottom