• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2011 Nintendo Press Conference Thread: What's in your coffee? [Over]

NateDrake

The discussion on G4 right now is so bad. Sessler says no touch-screen because the 3DS exists, DKC Returns sold 5 million copies but was a failure in sales, and the system can't be $300 because it's only $50 more than the 3DS currently.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
u9zPu.png

Iwata's says his 3DS's body is ready.

StickSoldier said:
So what would you guys think if the Cafe actually WON'T have screens on the controllers? I'm kinda liking the idea of it, so I hope they have a screen.

Not even a concern. Screens will be present, Nikkei said so.

Soroc

Final Predictions:

3DS price drop to 199.99.

Huge salvo of 1st and 3rd party games shown for 3DS.

New console is "Nintendo"

Smash, F-Zero, Brand new IP from Retro and Mario all showcased.

Rockstar announced and shows GTAV coming to Nintendo with exclusive content.

Epic announces unreal support and shows off a new IP for Nintendo

Valve comes on stage and announces Steam has partnered with Nintendo as their online portal and marketplace. All Steam games will be compatible and downloadable on Nintendo!!

Get hype!!

Omiee

normally im only nervous when sony has their press conference because i want them to do so well.

i am now as well, i really hope the cafe or what ever is good and not just a slightly stronger console than the ps3 with ds's as controllers.

NSQuote said:
Cafe will be more powerful than the HD Twins, but we probably wouldn't be able to tell how much so just by looking at the graphics.

Because, you know, diminishing returns, etc.

Perhaps, we'll see soon enough.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
NateDrake said:
The discussion on G4 right now is so bad. Sessler says no touch-screen because the 3DS exists, DKC Returns sold 5 million copies but was a failure in sales, and the system can't be $300 because it's only $50 more than the 3DS currently.

I was going to type out a detailed response but then I realized it would be much better summarized with the statement that Adam Sessler is an idiot.

mj1108

NateDrake said:

That's why we don't pay attention to anything shitty G4 says.

Mojojo

GazzaScotland said:
Hopefully not too much time is spent on the 3DS, but thats purely from a selfish point of view.
my guess is ~ 20 min on Wii/DS, 20 min on 3DS , 20 min on 'Cafe'

Linkhero1

Soroc said:
Final Predictions:

Valve comes on stage and announces Steam has partnered with Nintendo as their online portal and marketplace. All Steam games will be compatible and downloadable on Nintendo!!

Get hype!!
Fuck you...my hype meter is through the roof. I don't want to be disappointed :(

Omiee

Soroc said:
Final Predictions:

Get hype!!

with final predictions you ment final dreams right?

Soroc said:
Final Predictions:

Get hype!!

I would suck my own cock if true. Seriously.

I'll eat crow if that Rein twit actually has anything to do with Nintendo. He's been remarkably anti-Nintendo for quite a while now.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
This is the big one.

This could be very exciting (if they credibly kick start a new generation wrt third party content) or rather pedestrian (if they're 'joining' the current one), but seeing Nintendo's own stuff on decent hardware should be a guaranteed treat either way.

Sianos

Pre said:
So basically Epic has run out of excuses not to put Unreal tech on a Nintendo console. Cool.
Haven't they said that if it meets their specs (aka 360/PS3 power) they will develop for it?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
mentalfloss said:
I'll eat crow if that Rein twit actually has anything to do with Nintendo. He's been remarkably anti-Nintendo for quite a while now.

Only because their hardware hasn't been able to support his software.

I'm sure UE will support Cafe, and it would make sense for Nintendo to have them at their conference.

Soroc said:
Final Predictions:

Get hype!!

Now my body is ready!!!!!

Sinoox

Banned
Nintendo has such a huge advantage this year. Microsoft and Sony completely bored me to death this year, there were literally no surprises!

Nintendo has it at this point though, they'd have to try incredibly hard to screw this up.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jesus, it's been nearly an hour since the G4 E3 coverage started. I thought they'd at lesat be starting the conference by now. :/

Blizzard

Banned
NSQuote said:
Haven't they said that if it meets their specs (aka 360/PS3 power) they will develop for it?
Yup, I believe someone even posted a quote from Epic earlier in the thread, back from 2009 or so.

Top Bottom