• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2011 Nintendo Press Conference Thread: What's in your coffee? [Over]

upandaway

GameTrailers are starting their Battlefield 3+Nintendo Countdown segment thing.

It should help move this half hour faster.

I hope Moffit gets on stage and he and Reggie arm wrestle. No real reason, it would just be epic.

Triton55 said:
Gamespot is saying they're hearing Darksiders 2 is going to be a Cafe launch title

Not surprising if true.

Sianos

DragonKnight said:
DS was supposed to fail
Wii was supposed to fail
PSP was gonna take off
PS3 was gonna take off

NeoGAF fortune telling is ass awful.

But people say Cafe will succeed!

D:

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I havnt given a shit about this conference at all, but after watching some old Ultra 64/Gamecube E3 reveals, my hype has reached condition critical and I may have an aneurysm before it even starts.

Foffy

Banned
What I hope for:

- Small highlight on the remaining major DS games (Kirby, Layton 4)
- Wii fall lineup (Zelda, Kirby, Last Story, Xenoblade)
- 3DS post-June lineup (Star Fox, Kid Icarus)
- Cafe reveal

I have a feeling Nintendo is saving something for their roundtable...they always drop some good news when they have those. Last year was confirmation that Ocarina of Time was being remade.

bingoe3.jpg

Big One

Banned
EmCeeGramr said:
Honestly I'll be disappointed if the next Zelda game announced is another remake. Like, unless they're remaking LttP as a 3D Zelda in HD.
Well remaking ALttP with OoT's engine would be a pretty major remake. Might as well be a different game with the same story.

Umm does this mean Twilight Princess has been ported to Cafe and ceased for Wii? IGN would not post that unless something big was happening with Zelda. Either its been moved to Cafe or a new Cafe title is going to be shown.

OH god at that Nintendo car.

FoneBone

Anth0ny said:
Final predictions:

-Cafe/Controller Reveal
-Pikmen 3
-F Zero
-Smash Bros teaser
-Skyward Sword release date
-New Super Mario Bros 2
-Kirby Wii
-Super Mario 3DS
-Zelda 25th Anniversary
-Mario Kart/Paper Mario 3DS
-Retro's new game
-Grand Theft Auto V (MEGATON)
GTAV needs some sort of exclusivity to be a bona fide megaton. It'd be more shocking if it wasn't coming to cafe, however nifty the symbolism of it being first shown at Nintendo's conference would be.

Sianos

Foffy said:
What I hope for:

- Small highlight on the remaining major DS games (Kirby, Layton 4)
- Wii fall lineup (Zelda, Kirby, Last Story, Xenoblade)
- 3DS post-June lineup (Star Fox, Kid Icarus)
- Cafe reveal

I have a feeling Nintendo is saving something for their roundtable...they always drop some good news when they have those. Last year was confirmation that Ocarina of Time was being remade.

Yeah, this sounds reasonable and is what I hope for.

Watch them save Pikmin 3 for the roundtable. :p

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Reading some of your predictions I can't possibly see how Nintendo can live up to your expectations.

operon

xyla said:
Only half an hour to go and nothing leaked. Very impressive, considering that almost always some things came through the last years a day early, thanks to some Japanese press.

Indeed, we need a gif from a clip from the departed where he talks about the department having more leaks that the iraqi navy

jj984jj said:
I wonder if Nintendo has anything new in store for the 3DS or if they'll just show the same IPs they usually do for Cafe and call it a day.

They're stupid if they do & I love Mario more than any other series. But you have to have something new to show that you are serious about changing up.

ReyVGM

It is 0 days, 0 hours, 28 minutes, 39 seconds
until Tuesday, 7 June 2011, 09:00:00 (Los Angeles time)

TylerD

So BF3 on the new Nintendo eh?

Hopefully it looks somewhat comparable to the PC stuff we have been seeing. The tank battle gameplay was stunning.

Soroc

CrunchyFrog said:
List does not include Pikmin 3. Therefore it is imperfect and must be destroyed with extreme prejudice.

Pikmin 3 is too much to be stuffed into this conference. This is why they will be dedicating a developer roundtable to the mind blowing brain freezing paradigm shift and revolutions in game development it will employ. :)

Acosta

Few years ago, I couldn't have imagined I would say this:

Save us Nintendo

Now I have watched the E3 2001 conference, I have high hopes for this, I don't know why. I had forgot how good can be a new console reveal. Ok, GC didn't turn out that well, but the presentation was awesome: new Metroid, new Smash Bros, hints of Zelda, new games like Eternal Darknsess and Pikmin, Waveracer and tons of promising stuff. Hopefully Café will deliver.

apana

I hope they don't kill the Wii mote at this conference. Touch screen controller is fine if they also include a motion controller with it.

Top Bottom