• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 swedish controverstory

Dahbomb

RyuHayate said:
Jesus Christ, how can some of you guys judge the game from screenshots that are viewed through a picture of a magazine? It's just utterly ridiculous.
It's like DMC4 all over again... LOL!

LukeSmith

Tieno said:
Near emergence day? So around nov 12th? Few days before?

Not to step on Skip's toes, I'm sure he's watching this thread.
Some of us will be playing through Gears of War this week.
That is embargoed until Nov. 7 (I believe).

Tieno

Scoot said:
Not to step on Skip's toes, I'm sure he's watching this thread.
Some of us will be playing through Gears of War this week.
That is embargoed until Nov. 7 (I believe).
So you can't say anything about wether you like it or not until the 7th? :(

Wollan

Zenith said:
stupid idea to show shots from any alpha, let alone one for such a high profile and highly scrutinised game.

The game isn't any different than any other game being showned a ~year before release. While it will certainly improve, I don't expect it to be, as they said earlier, in a different ballpark. But I'm certainly expecting a pretty good jump, look at Resistance E3 to now for example.

J-Rzez

Regardless if this doesn't look as good as Gears, I have complete faith it's gameplay will be top-notch as usual... and hopefully, they improve upon even further... As good as gears looks, I'm leary on it's gameplay... And that's the thing, gameplay first, graphics next for me... The Halo's always had some of the best gameplay, and that's what made it great... I'm sure this will look a ways better than H2, so that's enough for me...

The new weapons and vehicles will be cool... and I just hope they get more in depth with stat tracking and utilize a good Clan system... something like Socom's, just way more refined... That's one of my biggest gripes is that something wouldn't have clan support...

PnCIa

I guess the X-Button will the "special move" button. Things like sprint, taking cover, leaning and cool melee combos are quit possible imho. (press/hold X+another button...)

X26

Banned
Game (seems) to be too early i ndevelopment to really jump all ove rit, but it's disspointing that they'd be so quick to go on the defense in regards ot halo 3 comapred to GoW, plants seeds of doubt into the minds of fans

ghst

thanks for the laugh
J-Rzez said:
Regardless if this doesn't look as good as Gears, I have complete faith it's gameplay will be top-notch as usual... and hopefully, they improve upon even further... As good as gears looks, I'm leary on it's gameplay... And that's the thing, gameplay first, graphics next for me... The Halo's always had some of the best gameplay, and that's what made it great... I'm sure this will look a ways better than H2, so that's enough for me...

WiiDF

2b3grna5

Legendary Edition

The CE will be called “Legendary Edition” and is a replica of Master Chief’s helmet complete with four DVD discs. The first disc will be the game disc, the second will contain documentaries and developer comments, the third disc is all about the spin-off material that has been created (Red vs. Blue, Spark of Life etc) and the last disc will contain all of the cut scenes from Halo 1 to 3 in HD.

DUDE - I'm so getting this! Best Collector's Edition ever! CE of the Century!

J-Rzez

xhadoukenx said:

:lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm not quite sold on my Wii yet.../wink

But you have to understand, this is different... It's still going to look great, maybe not quite to Gears, but there's a damn good chance it's going to be way more fun to play based on the prior's gameplay elements that made them awesome...

Tieno

sublime085 said:
I knew it!
And for the love of God tell us what the X button does.
I'm thinking the X button will be something to do with fly suits that some of the elites wear in the first level of Halo 2.

Nutter

So much HATE!! or should I say copycat trolls. :(

90% of you wont even own a copy of H3 or hell own it and never even play it. (see any H2 game threads)
So why must you complain about graphics?

The legendary Edition sounds HOT!
I wonder if ill be as good in H3 as I am in H2 right off the bat? (the million dollar question):D

RyuHayate

Tieno said:
I'm thinking the X button will be something to do with fly suits that some of the elites wear in the first level of Halo 2.

If that were the case, couldn't players just double-tap "A" to initiate flight boosters?

LukeSmith

RyuHayate said:
Dammit, I can't wait for you to tell us what they are.

One reason I'm not terribly pissed about this leak -- is that I know what we're doing with this game at Ziff, and I'm pretty confident that while some standard information is showing up, Legendary SKU, et cetera -- we'll have some ridiculously indepth stuff showing up on the network throughout the month.

The Halo hardcore will be satiated.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Scoot said:
One reason I'm not terribly pissed about this leak -- is that I know what we're doing with this game at Ziff, and I'm pretty confident that while some standard information is showing up, Legendary SKU, et cetera -- we'll have some ridiculously indepth stuff showing up on the network throughout the month.

Scoot has more and diff. images and info.

Are those the only scans out there Scoot?

RyuHayate

Scoot said:

:D

Tieno

Scoot said:

I guess you'll write some stuff too?

Will there be SP info/screenshots?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Finally saw the scans myself and I think it looks great. I love the Halo art design and seeing it with increased detail (which you can clearly see exists) in HD is enough for me. There should be a fully unified lighting model, high resolution textures, more geometry, and larger scenarios among many other things. It'll be a kickass game, no doubt about it.

I, for one, am glad they aren't taking the Gears approach. The heavy use of fine detail just doesn't fit the Halo look, which IS simple and sharp. I can see from that screenshot showing off a Covenant ship-like area and it looks significantly more detailed than Halo 2.

Hopefully they'll pull out a rock solid framerate along with everything else.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Scoot said:
Among some other differences.

Showoff... :)

Well, I would too... heh heh

But I'm real curious about this now...

Scoot said:

Excellent news - can't wait!

Oh, and I'm calling it - X will be the sprint - they got the ATV in now, they've probably gotten some way to balance the sprint that was taken out of Halo 2c as well...

GhaleonEB

Stinkles said:
Scoot has more and diff. images and info.
Wooooooo

Stinkles said:
Are those the only scans out there Scoot?
"dispatch the ninjas"

Scoot said:
Among some other differences.
Aaaaaaa

Scoot said:

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG

LukeSmith

Tieno said:
I guess you'll write some stuff too?

Will there be SP info/screenshots?

No SP screens. But I kid you not, I have about 1300 words on my desk right now that I've written about SP and what I've seen -- I just can't say anything about them right now. I will say this though, GAF: Relax.

The Swedish mag Level often have great exclusives. It's a pity it's only available in Sweden/in Swedish.... They have often had scoops on Kojima games as the editor is a good friend of H. Kojima. Very impressive journalism actually. The screenshot scans looks fine. The article is even better. Props to Level for the world exclusive.

IJoel

Hmm... I can't say I'm surprised, but I expected more. Hopefully the graphics will improve significantly by release time. I can definitely see why some think it's not a big step up from Halo 2, even more when you compare it to the released 'hi-res' Halo 2 Xbox version screens.

That said, I'm disappointed at how MS PR is handling their game media recently. By now I would've expected a barrage of Gears of War media, and some solid information on Halo 3, but all we get are events that no one goes to (cemetery parties, gamestop videos we've seen,) and some 30 second Ad that shows no new single/multi player media (granted, I loved the ad, as it's fantastic.)

Oh, and Scoot, please, please, please: when 1up puts up their Halo 3 screens, leave them in their true 1280x720 resolution and don't apply that evil resize you guys have the horrible habit of doing at 1up!

GhaleonEB

Scoot said:
No SP screens. But I kid you not, I have about 1300 words on my desk right now that I've written about SP and what I've seen -- I just can't say anything about them right now. I will say this though, GAF: Relax.
*EXPLODES*

Tieno

Scoot said:
YAY! I'm happy an hardcore Halo fan and critic is writing it!

Will there by Halo 3 multiplayer videos? of all the 3 maps?

pringles

I don't think this has been mentioned yet.. there's apparantly some new kind of covenenant technology in the game, an energy barrier of some kind that lets players move through it freely but stops bullets and grenades.

Top Bottom