• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A polite discourse amongst friends on the importance of MP-elements in No Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timeaisis

someone needs to crackachu this
196fuarapyylmgif.gif

We need to put crackachu on the computer screen.

labx

Banned
Can humanity see anything at all though? Is our very own vision not just one big lie? We think we understand what we perceive, but is that really so?

Why are we hating so much on a game, simply for not being able to see others? I used to see my wife every single day. I thought I knew her. Her smile is still burned into my retina. I thought I would never have to miss that smile. But now I do.

My wife cheated on me with another man. Left me. I lost everything. I am now alone. I now see the true reality of our lives. The solitude. Knowing that, in the end, we'll always be on our own. It's sad, pathetic even. But it's a reality many of us will one day have to face.

I see nobody now, even though people are all around me. Besides me, even. Still, I do not see them. Even when they are right in front of me. However, this does not create hatred within me. On the contrary, I feel relieved. Like I am a new person, someone who is able to see the truth for once. I can see the weakness of humanity and it makes me stronger.

So no, I do not think two players meeting in No Man's Sky who are unable to "see" eachother is a bad thing. It's a reality many of us face each day. And I think it's cool a game as ambiguous as NMS has the guts to show that aspect of humanity.

Speechless.

brau

I can't take credit for the comedic brilliance of your avi's man, it went to another level when you started that hahaha.

Also I swear, I stepped away from this thread for 40 mins and I have missed so much comedy gold, that damn picture with crackachu as yoda nearly killed me.

step up and take responsibility man. It all started with you.

so... this game is more hated that MGS V and Konami's lies and fraudulent scheme.

I certainly don't hate it. That would be a weird thing to do.

I have always believed that it is up to the consumer to hold the entities whom they support accountable and that in doing so it creates a better, stronger, healthier product for the consumer and therefore for the creators of said product as well.

There is nothing wrong with expressing concern for an advertised feature that obviously many are concerned isn't there or are just confused about in the first place.

I'm still getting the game on PC IF the port is good and it has mod support. If not then I will wait for a lower price point.

brau

lol! Ok I will share equal responsibility with you Brau, technically I didn't find crackachu it was another gaffer so really it all started with him unleashing crackachu on the world, I just spread the word lol.

I don't even know where it came from until you pointed it out hahaha But that Gaffer is that one in a million that changed the tides of GAF to one of the most memorable threads i've been part of recently.

Z3M0G

I'm in the "there is no multiplayer" boat due to them removing reference to it on boxes and PSN Store... but about the network capture thing... maybe when you warp, which has a long "loading" type delay, maybe it is actually doing matchmaking. And if it fails, you won't see anyone. If it succeeds, there is ONE player somewhere in your region... in space or on a planet. Good luck finding them.

Can someone please network capture during warp?

Maybe you can only PAUSE the game and freeze time while you are not in a matched session with someone...

I really do hope I'm onto the last possible explanation as to how the game could actually have multiplayer implemented right now... I would really like someone to try this...

Unless we are not talking about this any more?

Menitta

I saw this thread on the front page of GAF ever since it was made and I always thought "Man, there must be a heated debate in there."

What happened?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay, this thread has made a turn for the awesome. Now I'll subscribe!

dili

To think earlier this week people were actually praising this clown off his kind letter to reviewers. How stupid do you feel now?

A real man would immediately take ownership of his games failings like inafune did with might no 9, asking people to direct their hate towards him instead of his team for mighty no 9 not living up to expectations. Instead this total asshat has completely dodged any kind of questions regarding the promises he made of this game so as to not affect launch sales and continues keeping up this charade for as long as possible.

This is not a "class act" some people called him in that other thread about his letter, this a total lying piece of human garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom