• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance demo is up on Xbox Live and PSN US. PSN EU whenever.

jett

D-Member
First game was shit and by that i mean it wasn't a Castlevania game.

There are a multitude of "Castlevania" games I'd classify as shit. Lords of Shadow was definitely not shit, it's a solid start with some technical issues.

Riposte

Every time someone says this, I just think about how much the game gave me old school castlevania vibes and just shake my head.

I don't know about it giving me old school vibes, but it is hilarious to me that people say stuff like that after over a decade of Castlevania being "Metroidvanias".

afbr6c.gif

So good!

it has begun..

i have a feeling Raiden is going to be cosplayed by more females than males, and there will be a majority that are okay with that.

cyborgphotos-wordpress-com-cyborg-hunter.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn I hate this console

Locked up loading store twice....

Got it downloading though.

Haven't played it since I finished with ZoE a few months back. Will be cool to play without a disc

ezekial45

Banned
I'm playing the PS3 version now, and the camera keeps titling up and trailing off during Blade Mode. Does this happen to anyone else?

Smeghead

I'm playing the PS3 version now, and the camera keeps titling up and trailing off during Blade Mode. Does this happen to anyone else?
Happens to me as well (360 version). I think it's because my control sticks aren't as tight as they used to be, they tend to sway from the centre and get stuck.

nOoblet16

Anyone else noticed how the lip syncs during com conversations have a character with just mouth moving the same way every time instead of being proper lip synced ? Makes me feel it'd be better if it was just an image of the character speaking.

Are you by any chance pushing the left analogue forward ? lol
If not then check the default position, it might've been offset by a few degrees, happen to a lot of controllers after some time.

I'm gonna hope the lip syncing is just temporary, because it's HELLA bad. If you're gonna force me to watch unskppable codecs every time I play, at least get the lip syncing right

Demo feels amazing. I just love the Ninja Run. Spent like 5 minutes running in circles during the tutorial. Blade Mode became a lot more precise when I realized you slash when you RELEASE rather than when you swing the stick from one end to the other. Combat itself is a bit easy on Normal, but the camera does its best to ramp up that difficulty orienting randomly and having enemies attack from off-screen. Disappointing after the perfect camera design in Bayonetta, but I can manage. The codec/forced walking will be a bit annoying but as long as there isn't a ton of that I won't complain too much. The slide and 360 heavy attack might be my favorite moves so far. The one thing throwing me off in combat is the amount of recovery frames on some attacks. I just wanna go cancel crazy but sometimes you're stuck in an animation for a millisecond too long.

Day 1, yo. Definitely left me wanting more.

Pachimari

I don't know if this is old but I just received this press mail from Konami - it seems like we are getting a whole bunch of merchandise early next year, including the following:

• Custom headsets (Astro Gaming)
• Headwear (Bioworld Merchandising)
• Wallets (Bioworld Merchandising)
• Jewelry (Bioworld Merchandising)
• Dog tags (Bioworld Merchandising)
• Utility key ring (Bioworld Merchandising)
• Lanyard (Bioworld Merchandising)
• Cell phone cases (Bioworld Merchandising)
• USB drives (Epic Weapons)
• Candy (Epic Weapons)
• Buttons (Great Eastern)
• Magnets (Great Eastern)
• Patches (Great Eastern)
• Puzzles (Great Eastern)
• Pins (Great Eastern)
• Stationery (Great Eastern)
• Stickers (Great Eastern)
• Tattoos (Great Eastern)
• Throws (Great Eastern)
• Tumblers (Great Eastern)
• Wall scrolls (Great Eastern)
• Towels (Great Eastern)
• Action figures (Square Enix Inc.)
• Strategy Guides (Piggyback Interactive Ltd)
• Wall posters (Trends International, LLC)
• Mini posters (Trends International, LLC)

"We are constantly inspired by our fans' great enthusiasm for the METAL GEAR franchise and are thrilled to work with our talented licensing partners to bring them this amazing collection of METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE memorabilia early next year," said Careen Yapp, Vice President of Acquisitions and Franchise Development for Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

Naite

Had a blast with the demo just cutting everything and trying to parry attacks. At first I was having trouble with parrying but I guess I was just being sloppy with the input as I'm getting it all the time now.

I just wish the demo was a little bit longer and we could skip those codec messages during gameplay on extra playthrus.

MattDoza

The game looked and felt better on PS3. The camera moving around during blade time was only an issue on my 360 because those thumbsticks NEVER maintain their tightness. I was so bummed when I collected that cardboard box in the VR training, and it wasn't in my inventory in the mission.

ezekial45

Banned
I was just really let down by this demo. I still need to collect my thoughts, but I didn't like it as much as I did back in September. Though I will say that the flow of combat felt a tad bit automated, for a lack of better word. As in I didn't like how I didn't have control over the fights and what moves I used. Pressing the X/Square button seems to have him go out and do a variety of different moves with much input from me. I don't know, it just doesn't feel right for me.

EDIT: also, transitioning into Blade mode is pretty damn jarring. Especially when you have to aim and control your swipes simultaneouslyy.

Parrying feels great though.

Top Bottom