• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 1/28 - 2/3

Soule

SS4Gogita said:
If nothing else, this is why you should watch The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:

Pheonix_Wright_Haruhi_Suzimiya_Look.jpg

And to get to that episode, you have to go through a little over half of the series.
lol i knew people brought up similarities between that scene and Phoenix Wright but I never realized how obvious it was and that it was to such an extent. Nice tip of the hat to PW :)

gimz

wow theres a lot of new titles on the PS family, no wonder Nintendo has to push back the Smash release date

icecream

Public Health Threat
viciouskillersquirrel said:
So, how well do anime games of this type typically sell? Does it depend on the size of the fanbase or do they tend to sell to the same audience?
This would be the exception, rather than the norm. It's mainly due to the incredible popularity of this specific series. The game itself is unique as well (you make your own video game) and the LE contents are popular among collectors.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
icecream said:
This would be the exception, rather than the norm. It's mainly due to the incredible popularity of this specific series.

Yeah preaty much true much like last week and this week in Japan it seems that Haruhi and Lucky Star the animes are freaking popular as hell so thats why they sell.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Elbrain said:
Yeah preaty much true much like last week and this week in Japan it seems that Haruhi and Lucky Star the animes are freaking popular as hell so thats why they sell.
Lucky Star actually didn't do as well as expected.

Busaiku

icecream said:
Lucky Star actually didn't do as well as expected.
70k wasn't up to par? Seriously?
I mean, yeah, it didn't do as well as Haruhi, but it also isn't as popular.
The LS game also seems like it cost less to produce; isn't it a visual novel?

justchris

Wow, Family Ski did a lot better than I expected after the first day numbers. I hope this encourages other developers to make use of the Balance Board.

Of course, obligatory congrats to DMC4 and SSBB. I think both will have an easy job of beating the LTD of their previous iterations (especially with DMC4 being multiplat). Of course, it's kinda less impressive for SSBB since Wii Sports has already beat SSBM's LTD :D

Of course the message this sends to developers is, "My half-assed shit title only sold 2k copies? Well, guess you can't compete with Nintendo!"

Jiggy

Firestorm said:
ToDr: Remake [...] sent to die :(
Well, for being on a fading system... ...wait, I can sense Pureauthor already. "Saying that a game sold well considering X is the same as saying that it sold horribly and X is the reason why."

But seriously, what's the context here; i.e. how did previous Tales remakes do in their first week?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AniHawk said:
Smash Bros. did all right I guess. It's no Final Fantasy, but it did all right.

It's pointless even talking about Brawl, because next week it won't even be a game. I'm glad we got to talk about it for one week though.

AniHawk

Man God said:
It's pointless even talking about Brawl, because next week it won't even be a game. I'm glad we got to talk about it for one week though.

Well party games are hardly games in the first place, so it won't be a huge change or anything.

ethelred

Jiggy said:
Firestorm said:
ToDr: Remake [...] sent to die :(
Well, for being on a fading system... ...wait, I can sense Pureauthor already. "Saying that a game sold well considering X is the same as saying that it sold horribly and X is the reason why."

Just curious... people do realize that this is just a director's cut of the Tales of Destiny remake that was already released and already sold 367k, right?

Jiggy

ethelred said:
Just curious... people do realize that this is just a director's cut of the Tales of Destiny remake that was already released and already sold 367k, right?
I didn't. But this makes things look a lot better--and I had already thought it was a pretty decent sales figure even before knowing that, actually.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I wonder if Sakurai is reading the results of this week's Media Create from a laptop while he's basking on the beaches of a sunny tropical island and a cocktail martini being served lobster on his LONG OVERDUE vacation?

Brawl destroys everything.

Sharp

SovanJedi said:
I wonder if Sakurai is reading the results of this week's Media Create from a laptop while he's basking on the beaches of a sunny tropical island and a cocktail martini being served lobster on his LONG OVERDUE vacation?

Brawl destroys everything.
Hopefully he's coordinating things with the localization teams, but it's possible that he has nothing to do with that, in which case sure, he can take a break.

EDarkness

TunaLover said:
Why DMC4 sold so well?

Capcom advertised the crap out of that game. You couldn't go anywhere without seeing some sort of DMC ad. If only they gave that kind of love to Zack and Wiki or We Love Golf....

Haunted

Soule said:
lol i knew people brought up similarities between that scene and Phoenix Wright but I never realized how obvious it was and that it was to such an extent. Nice tip of the hat to PW :)
That was the best episode by far, imo.

Koren

Defuser said:
They need to throw in a Kagami figurine.
Probably better, but the bottle of Balsamic Vinegar was a far better idea for the fun...

(and the school uniform a nice trick for otakus ;) )

Disgaea 3 sales is pretty good considering the competition, release date and small pool of PS3 around. I guess it is a vindication on NiS after some claimed it won't sell because it isn't on the PS2.

This was a good week for gamers. All the major games (Smash, DMC, and Disgaea) all performed WAY better than expected. Smash alone could very well end up being the best selling Wii game to date if it has decent legs.

Famitsu first week
360 Assassin's Creed 34k
PS3 Assassin's Creed 37k

MC first week
360 Assassin's Creed 40k
PS3 Assassin's Creed 28k

lol at NFS making it to the charts and not Sega Rally

jeremy1456

farnham said:
Top 30
NDS - 11
WII - 8
PS2 - 4
PS3 - 4
PSP - 2
360 - 1

sure

He meant that as a joke, but it is good to see more than Nintendo can strike gold in the East. Go Sony!

EDIT: and it's good to see microsoft placing too!

And many of you might have noticed over time, but I'm a Wii60 owner. So I didn't mean anything bad as far as Sony placing, but I would rather see competition in the East.

Plus I kinda feel bad for Sony. I mean I invested in the PSP, I would love to see more truly killer titles reach the platform, and the PS3 doing good is definitely a good sign.

iidesuyo

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
lol at NFS making it to the charts and not Sega Rally

Seriously what is that Sega Rally hate... the Japanese had Sega Rally 2006, it was probably so bad that no one has trust in the series anymore.

carlosp said:
top 10:

6 x sony platform
3 x Nintendo
1 x Microsoft

also worth noticing: every single games of the Nintendo platforms are from Nintendo, all 7 games on the other platforms are from Third Parties.

Luckyman said:
Sensitive much :lol :lol
Kind of seems like it, but it is his thing.

Seems to be in the running for top Ninthing. I'm just happy being the Town crazy. I'm working towards Town eccentric right now, but believe me it's a tough competition. We've got a cat lady here.

ElFly

iidesuyo said:
also worth noticing: every single games of the Nintendo platforms are from Nintendo, all 7 games on the other platforms are from Third Parties.

Yeah, it is sad that DMC4 Wii didn't even make the top 30 :lol

nli10

Accursed Nintendo attracting the casuals
to our beloved sales threads
again.

Smash's 2 week sales are what interest me, this is the extended launch period that NSMB experienced. HW as mentioned will see who was waiting until the Wii had Smash before picking it up. Should be good for 2 weeks too.

Minsc

Gold Member
iidesuyo said:
Seriously what is that Sega Rally hate... the Japanese had Sega Rally 2006, it was probably so bad that no one has trust in the series anymore.

What would happen to third parties if Nintendo went third party and released their AAA games on other systems?

Edit: And third parties released their AAA games on Nintendo systems for that matter?

Top Bottom