• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft revises Watch Dog's PC specs (even more demanding ones, 6GB RAM minimum)

2GB VRAM recommended for a cross gen game is great.New consoles, the bar has been raised. At least they got rid of that 8 core nonsense. lol worthy

Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs just flipped the switch and turned my "Plays everything (except Crysis 3/Metro) in FullHD full details"-rig into a "Bare Minimum"-rig.

Salex_

There better be demos for games next gen. Or I can find other ways to try the game for myself.

pH51AAR2CXLXE.gif

antitrop

Or, as in my case, if you have a Noctua NH-D14 blocking the RAM slots and you're too lazy to take it out and replace the 4 4GB RAM sticks with 4 8GB ones... :)

(At this rate, I might have to soon anyway. Not that I'm complaining!)

I have the same heatsink. It really does make it hard to fit the RAM into the slots. I did manage to get 4x4GB on there, though.

CHC

Got a 780 when it released a few months back, should be great for this. My 2500k is getting some sweat on its brow though... For what everyone says it'll be OK I guess.

Durante

Wat

I fail to see how any game can even use more than 4GB of ram
Psh. Open world games should have been using up to 8 GB RAM on PC for years now, for caching if nothing else. We just never had any developer with the balls to make a game 64 bit only.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I could be wrong but I thought PC specs include overheads (ie the game don't use 6GB but is required for both the system & game to run together)

DerZuhälter;85182634 said:
Battlefield 4 and Watch Dogs just flipped the switch and turned my "Plays everything (except Crysis 3/Metro) in FullHD full details"-rig into a "Bare Minimum"-rig.

Your right. The last time we had one of these jumps was at the dawn of the console entry of this last generation of consoles in 05-06. Game releases like Oblivion increased significantly what it would take. And then came Crysis in 07. And I think that was the last time we had a big leap forward.

I wonder what GTA5 specs will be like compared to Watch Dogs. At UHD resolutions with all the eyecandy? Let's see!

PC can be lead platform and the game can still be very poorly optimized. This is Ubisoft...

Splinter Cell Conviction and Blacklist both have problems running on a very dated Unreal Engine 2.5.

I feel even worse for 360 and PS3 owners planning to buy this. Game probably droped into the high teens.

edit

and from what I can tell, Sleeping Dogs looks better than Watch Dogs IMO. Much better

KKRT00

Look at the original Crysis - it still has more impressive terrain destruction, dynamic environment changes, and persistent massive levels than any of its sequels or any other current-gen game on any platform. It's primarily because of concessions being made to current-gen console platforms.

Awful example. Not only Crysis was ported to consoles, but its Lower settings look awful in comparison to many open world games on current gen consoles.

---
Psh. Open world games should have been using up to 8 GB RAM on PC for years now, for caching if nothing else. We just never had any developer with the balls to make a game 64 bit only.

Maybe finally i will have a reason to buy next 4gb ram chip to my 8gb :)

PetrCobra

My PC should be okay but unless Ubi pulls some bullshit as they like to I'll probably play this on Wii U just to be safe.

kswiston

Steam suggests that 75% of windows gamers are running 64bit OSs. Most of those who aren't are playing on PCs that would never run this game, even if it was a 32bit application. Seems like the right time to ditch 32bit.

SparkTR

Steam suggests that 75% of windows gamers are running 64bit OSs. Most of those who aren't are playing on PCs that would never run this game, even if it was a 32bit application. Seems like the right time to ditch 32bit.

We should have ditched 32-bit back in 2011.

McLovin

I want to play this on pc, but I don't have a good enough one. Can one of you guys spec me one of those $500 gaming pcs I hear so much about. I'm probably gonna need an OS so don't forget to include that in the price~! :D
I can't wait join the master race!

Sothpaw

EZPZ for my PC. Bring it on until Rockstar gets their shit together and releases their game on a platform that isn't 8 years old.

antitrop

I want to play this on pc, but I don't have a good enough one. Can one of you guys spec me one of those $500 gaming pcs I hear so much about. I'm probably gonna need an OS so don't forget to include that in the price~! :D
I can't wait join the master race!

jN7qLMI.jpg

Think I'll be getting PS4 versions of multiplats and waiting for the next-gen dust to settle before building a monster gaming PC now.

Smokey

With this and RAM prices continually creeping up.. Glad I went ahead and got 16GB of RAM 2 years ago when it was so cheap.

kswiston

We should have ditched 32-bit back in 2011.

A large number of people went with the 32bit Windows 7 OS, even though almost every new processor has been 64bit since 2004 or 2005, and 64bit Windows worked fine with Vista. I can see why devs were hesitant, even if that hesitation should have subsided before now.

Nugg

I wanted the superior version, but if the whole thing is a nightmare to run properly, I might as well switch my preorder to the PS4 version

antitrop

With this and RAM prices continually creeping up.. Glad I went ahead and got 16GB of RAM 2 years ago when it was so cheap.
Didn't know there was an upward swing in RAM pricing. Last year you could pretty much get as much as you want for a drop in the bucket.

bee

hahahha claiming poor optimization when it's not even out, we're pc gamers we expect our games to look twice as good as yours but still run flawlessly on a q6600, gtx570, when they don't it's obviously laziness on the dev side apparently

Top Bottom