• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Press Previews

Oersted

Bayonetta-2.png

You gotta love him.

Hoo-doo

Banned
You honestly wanna base your final decision on a quick impressions livestream where they throw in each game for a few minutes and probably forget half of the important things about them because it's a Sunday and there's so much stuff to cover?

Yes? I'm pretty so-so on my preorder right now, so if this can make me excited enough and ZombiU does not end up being a huge disappointment, then i'm probably going to get one.

Of course I have a full 12 days of reading GAF's impressions between then and me actually being able to get one (damn you Europe), but those usually tend to be skewed heavily to the positive, as is par for the course for eagerly-awaited hardware launches.

D-e-f-

Banned
Yes? I'm pretty so-so on my preorder right now, so if this can make me excited enough and ZombiU does not end up being a huge disappointment, then i'm probably going to get one.

Of course I have a full 12 days of reading GAF's impressions between then and me actually being able to get one (damn you Europe), but those usually tend to be skewed heavily to the positive, as is par for the course for eagerly-awaited hardware launches.

Well as long as you're using that coupled with other impressions and actual reviews...

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
Are Targets doing midnight launches? I heard they don't take hardware pre-orders so I'm hoping I can swing by and grab one at midnight or launch day.
Target is not doing a special midnight launch for the Wii U.

They were late to start pre-orders, but are now virtually sold out. If any are left, its for the White bundles only. What I've heard so far is that the pre-orders covered almost (but not all) of their initial shipment. So you will need to be one of the first few in line if you hope to get one without a pre-order. On the up side, they are getting more black bundles than white... so there is still hope in finding a Premium set.

MichaelVash7886

Neo Member
I'm just glad I scored a Wal-Mart pre-order. Would have been a bit irritated if I had gotten it at GS and now had no midnight launch.

For the instructions about Wal-Mart pre-orders that were going around online it seems they will have some non pre-order units. Though who can say how many.

I'm just glad I scored a Wal-Mart pre-order. Would have been a bit irritated if I had gotten it at GS and now had no midnight launch.

For the instructions about Wal-Mart pre-orders that were going around online it seems they will have some non pre-order units. Though who can say how many.

Yeah, this is kinda annoying. When I pre-ordered my Wii U from GameStop I think the manager said something like "Of course we are doing a midnight launch. We do that for all major system releases". Liar liar pants on fire!

Effect

I've never liked the idea of buying an expensive anything late at night. Especially during holiday time. So if Nintendo doesn't want GameStop doing a midnight launch for safety reasons I'm not to bent out of shape. If a GameStop isn't inside of a mall aren't they located in small strip malls or on the street. I'd be wary of going to a midnight launch at such a locations in general let alone buying a $300+ system along with games that can easily be taken from me. Give me the light of day or a well lighted area. It's going to be the only store open in the area at that time of night. I

TriGen

So..... Where is the OT?

Do we know who is suppose to do it? Like did this never get agreed upon and now someone is gonna have to throw together an awful OT? I feel like someone called it but usually somebody that's doing an OT will say they are getting it ready. I haven't seen anyone say they were making one, at least not in the last couple months.

Drago

Do we know who is suppose to do it? Like did this never get agreed upon and now someone is gonna have to throw together an awful OT? I feel like someone called it but usually somebody that's doing an OT will say they are getting it ready. I haven't seen anyone say they were making one, at least not in the last couple months.

I think vectorman06 was supposed to be doing it

Also, where is the NSMBU OT as well? earvcunanan called that one, I believe.

I would like to claim wiiu ot. If someone already got it, eshop thread will do.

New Super Mario Bros. U by earvcunanan (3rd November 2012)

Dragon

Banned
The thing I hate about having to wait til next Sunday for the Wii U is having to endear one of the worst weeks for me at work. I work at a game store, and with the release of Black Ops 2, we're gonna get nothing but constant business, with no end in sight all week. Ya know, if all these people were actually buying a good game I wouldn't care, but fuck call of duty...it's not that fucking good, and we're gonna have thousands of people picking it up this week. I hate it >_<

Took off work on Wii U day at least, and the following Monday so I can sit home and enjoy it.

Man how's the air up there on your high horse?

TriGen

I think vectorman06 was supposed to be doing it

Also, where is the NSMBU OT as well? earvcunanan called that one, I believe.

They could be coming soon or maybe some people forgot. It seems like even people that are buying a launch Wii U are commenting how it snuck up on them that we're this close to launch. Hopefully not.

Katzii

After all those fingerprints I'm happy with my Basic Bundle purchase.

Likewise.

As for journalists, I will be most interested to see further reports from Cat, myself.

Also, has it been confirmed whether there will be a white Pro Controller out there?

Emitan

Target is not doing a special midnight launch for the Wii U.

They were late to start pre-orders, but are now virtually sold out. If any are left, its for the White bundles only. What I've heard so far is that the pre-orders covered almost (but not all) of their initial shipment. So you will need to be one of the first few in line if you hope to get one without a pre-order. On the up side, they are getting more black bundles than white... so there is still hope in finding a Premium set.

I'd prefer a white one because I don't want Nintendo Land but I'll take what I can get.

Nugg

Yep we're allowed to make a launch thread, then new threads for new news, so it doesn't become a megathread and slowly dies out after launch.

Bumhead

Banned
Really excited to read the reviews, feedback and hands on impressions over the next week and beyond. Probably the only upside to having to wait until the 30th for us in the UK.

Only a week away... suddenly this whole Wii U thing is getting a tad more real. Since my gamestop is doing a midnight launch as well, I'm quite happy.

Drago

The last Nintendo Direct, the info unload that followed, trying out the actual unit a few days ago, and the press getting their units have finally put me into full hype mode. Next week can't come soon enough...

Tim-E

I've been casually excited ever since pre-ordering, but the hype increases with each passing day. It being so close makes it that much more exciting.

seady

With all these online pre-sell going, it is so much easier to get a system at launch now. No more waiting in line. Unless you are the kind that didn't care before and suddenly want to get it a week before launch.

3DS, Vita, Wii U etc all just preordered online way before launch.

Lucent

With all these online pre-sell going, it is so much easier to get a system at launch now. No more waiting in line. Unless you are the kind that didn't care before and suddenly want to get it a week before launch.

3DS, Vita, Wii U etc all just preordered online way before launch.

I pre-ordered in store at Best Buy at their pre-order kiosk (vertical touch-screen) the day after the pre-orders were announced (I did it September 14th). Now the kiosk says sold out instead of letting you pre-order. I'm hope'n that means I'm okay.

AzerPhire

I don't remember any stores ever having a midnight launch for any console/handheld launch. When I worked at EB Games and Best Buy we always had our launches at normal business hours.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Yeah, as someone in another thread mentioned, it's kind of embarrassing that a store which does nothing but sell video games isn't doing a midnight launch. Meanwhile, at fucking Wal-Mart...

Price are likely to go up once the initial wave starts to vanish. People have to stay reasonable for the initial waves but if they see mass demand prices will spike

I'm waiting till after Black Friday. That is when demand should be the highest. After parents have been turned away.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting super, super hyped. I've got a Deluxe preordered at Best Buy and one at Target for a backup. Going to get NSMB U and Zombi U for sure. I'm strongly considering Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed and maybe a Pro Controller, though I think this can wait a bit since I already have two Wii Remote Pluses with Classic Controller Pros.

Anybody have any shipping experience with TRU? I'm really hating myself for choosing standard ground. I have the whole week off for Thanksgiving break too son of a bitch.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
This is probably a really dumb thing to dwell on, but i'm considering cancelling my Gamestop.com pre-order just so I can snag one on release day (and avoid shipping fees). Someone already mentioned costco but I called them today and the lady on the phone looked it up and didn't see it in their system. I probably shouldn't mess with my original pre-order but god do I want one on release. Might call the Military base exchange and see if they're going to stock them on release day, it's my last hope.

ffdgh

This is probably a really dumb thing to dwell on, but i'm considering cancelling my Gamestop.com pre-order just so I can snag one on release day (and avoid shipping fees). Someone already mentioned costco but I called them today and the lady on the phone looked it up and didn't see it in their system. I probably shouldn't mess with my original pre-order but god do I want one on release. Might call the Military base exchange and see if they're going to stock them on release day, it's my last hope.

Better safe than sorry.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I've already preordered the basic set from Target, but I'm seriously considering waiting at the midnight launch at the Nintendo World store in Manhattan and getting another console so I can flip it on Ebay.

Top Bottom