• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS3: Ingame XMB confirmed

Truespeed

typhonsentra said:
And it only took... a year and a half?

They needed the extra time because they were focusing on proper hardware engineering so they wouldn't have to write off a few Billion dollars.

teepo

if anything, the release is going to coincide with the new home beta. if were lucky.

which btw, a lot of you should expect invites soon since they're translating it in every god damn language.

Pimpwerx

derder said:
Yay! Feature Parity!

Now how about something the XB360 hasn't had for 2 years?

I don't like this "catch-up" thing. I'm tired of my friends making fun of my ps3!
They were never going to match XBL out of the gate. It has taken a long time to implement, though. Especially annoying b/c we constantly see so many other parts of the XMB in-game. Hopefully we get this update soon. PEACE.

Kittonwy

Banned
Make it happen Sony make it happen.
gladtomeetya.gif

Nooreo

Ive been waiting for soo long that i lost the hype
Fuck this sony kept saying ingame XMB ZOMGROZZ!! and now its 2008 im pissed

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Custom soundtracks aren't a networking (PSN/XBL) feature though..and not nearly as important as in-game communication at any rate. Not that I'd say no..

shagg_187 said:
I don't see it. What did i miss?

A blurb under "friends & messaging" on a page for PSN we weren't supposed to see yet mentions talking to friends during gameplay. It's open to interpretation, take it as you wish..

Madman

Guled said:
What about in game soundtracks. Will we also get those?
Most people, including me, voted for that over in game messaging. Messaging was second, so maybe we are getting that too.

Eh, probably not...

Dante

Pai Pai Master said:
No one, but who pays to play games online? :lol

It was already confirmed a while ago, but hopefully the "leak" of that text means soon...like GDC soon.

Not me anymore :)

Truespeed said:
The reality is 80% of the people don't really care about this or wouldn't know what to do with it.

I'm pretty sure more than 80% of PSN users get a little agitated that they have to exit their current game to respond to a message they receive.

Bricfa

hs4b9t.jpg

Doesn't this have more significance than an ambiguous statement about chatting that might be referencing in-game XMB?

Other than the press release they have been pretty quiet about Home on the main site.

antiloop

Truespeed said:
The reality is 80% of the people don't really care about this or wouldn't know what to do with it.

Oh well... new features are always cool as long as they don't compromise game performance.

Zeke

Pai Pai Master said:
I'm pretty sure more than 80% of PSN users get a little agitated that they have to exit their current game to respond to a message they receive.
yes a million times yes. I hate having to quit my whole game to check a message.

DieH@rd

Banned
Does anyone know the time of Sony's pressconf in GDC???? Last year they showed for the first time LittleBigPlanet!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
DieH@rd said:
Does anyone know the time of Sony's pressconf in GDC???? Last year they showed for the first time LittleBigPlanet!

There is none this year. They've invited the press to come play games on Tuesday, but there's no conference as such.

gofreak said:
There is none this year. They've invited the press to come play games on Tuesday, but there's no conference as such.
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

So we can´t really wait for BIG news, is that correct?

Damn... :(

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Insane Metal said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :(

So we can´t really wait for BIG news, is that correct?

I wouldn't expect big news. Medium-ish news via a press release or two, maybe, but it seems Sony is keeping things low key at GDC this year.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Zeke said:
its up to devs not sony

Yeah yeah yeah.

For all the RAM the OS sucks up, Sony should be able to provide some sort of custom soundtrack layer over the game soundtrack like the 360 does, instead of relying on devs to use it or not as was done on the original Xbox.

I don't see why we can't have both types of custom soundtracks on the PS3.

Kittonwy

Banned
Fatghost said:
Yeah yeah yeah.

For all the RAM the OS sucks up, Sony should be able to provide some sort of custom soundtrack layer over the game soundtrack like the 360 does, instead of relying on devs to use it or not as was done on the original Xbox.

I would take in-game xmb over custom soundtrack, that can come later, let's get the most important things out of the way first.
Indifferent2.gif

sprocket

Banned
Fatghost said:
Yeah yeah yeah.

360 custom sound tracks are not in its os. devs put it in. You cant use custom soundtracks on any game.

Top Bottom