• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinjoralo

Anyone know of any Gran Turismo-like racing games for PC? My hubby can't play any of his old GT games because his bro stole his PS3. (long story.) Something with lots of different cars and different kinds of race types.

Arthea

Anyone know of any Gran Turismo-like racing games for PC? My hubby can't play any of his old GT games because his bro stole his PS3. (long story.) Something with lots of different cars and different kinds of race types.

Assetto Corsa maybe? I haven't played it myself, but I hear good things about it.

I'd suggest checking Project Cars and Grid games too? Not like any are exactly like GT.

Vazduh

Thanks for the quick responses! Hopefully, none of these games are a problem for his (pretty beefy) gaming laptop and slow internet connection.

If you're interested in Project CARS check B/S/T thread, probably there's someone who could hook you up with steam key for couple of bucks (it was recently featured in a humble bundle).

Arthea

steamgaf, suggest me a puzzle game that is less walking/running, more thinking to go with Atelier now when I'm done with Pictopix, that I haven't played but have and it has to be good!
please, no Witness, I'll leave it for later

Tizoc

steamgaf, suggest me a puzzle game that is less walking/running, more thinking to go with Atelier now when I'm done with Pictopix, that I haven't played but have and it has to be good!

Escape Goat 1+2
The Room
Shatterhand (not really a puzzle game but a neat block breaking game)
Snakebird
Toki Tori duology
Zenge

Have you played Hexcells yet?

Arthea

Have you played Hexcells yet?
yup, all of them, right from the start
I wish he already made another one, it's time

Escape Goat 1+2
The Room
Shatterhand (not really a puzzle game but a neat block breaking game)
Snakebird
Toki Tori duology
Zenge

Escape Goat are puzzle games? looks like typical platformers to me
I've played others, don't have that Shatter game, it is an arcade game, kinda looks fun

7th guest and 11th hour.

rahji

playing syberia now and it really got my attention despite being a game from 2002. Neat little puzzles, a lot of exploring. So far so good.

Vlad

Infinifactory, SpaceChem.

Arthea

Infinifactory, SpaceChem.

I like this idea, I remember SpaceChem is difficult, is Infinifactory the same?

edited: btw I need cloud support, I assume Infinifactory has it?
edit2: how sandboxy is it? I prefer more puzzley than sandboxy, that's why I am asking

7th guest and 11th hour.

playing syberia now and it really got my attention despite being a game from 2002. Neat little puzzles, a lot of exploring. So far so good.

whatyearisit.jpg

Tizoc

yup, all of them, right from the start
I wish he already made another one, it's time

Escape Goat are puzzle games? looks like typical platformers to me
I've played others, don't have that Shatter game, it is an arcade game, kinda looks fun
Theyre puZzLe platformera

Man, I always thought I owned Total War: Shogun 2, but in fact I own the standalone expansion Fall of the Samurai. Sometimes the overload of DLC content can make it very unclear what you actually own on Steam.

Is that a good entry point? I also have (I think) Empire, Rome 1, and Medieval.

EDIT: Oh fuck it I'll just get Total War: Warhammer via the Monthly, I'm just trying to convince myself to spend the money anyways.

Nzyme32

Monooboe

So I have 10 euro from cards and thinking about maybe getting one of the older Final Fantatsy games, since they probably can run on my nongaming PC. Which one of those would be the best to get? I've played 6, 7 and 8 but only when they first released so I pretty much count myself as a completely new to any of them.

Ludens

Banned
So I have 10 euro from cards and thinking about maybe getting one of the older Final Fantatsy games, since they probably can run on my nongaming PC. Which one of those would be the best to get? I've played 6, 7 and 8 but only when they first released so I pretty much count myself as a completely new to any of them.

IX.

MUnited83

For you.

SNURB

So many people excited for the new Crash remasters.

Seriously how can you remind all them people that the Crash games were overrated trash back in the day? Boring ass platformers. Nothing special about those games at all.

22F1A9B2-0B58-44DD-B259-49E3390D40F1_zps1vjiexnc.jpeg

EDE6AF6D-4519-4226-AB07-805EFA0B468F_zps8q4rpd4i.jpeg

979716C3-1B34-486B-A954-42DEAFC3EA52_zps0wkuirmt.png

Oh yea buddy, no one cares about Crash anymore. Keep telling yourself that and to the millions who played them.

dawgparty

Any recs for RPGs(JRPGs appreciated) that are relatively short in length? I miss JRPGs a shitload but don't really have the time or attention span to play an 80 hour game anymore.

Uzzy

Any recs for RPGs(JRPGs appreciated) that are relatively short in length? I miss JRPGs a shitload but don't really have the time or attention span to play an 80 hour game anymore.

The Shadowrun series are fairly short, clocking in at around twenty to thirty hours each. I'd highly recommend them, especially Dragonfall and Hong Kong.

I am Setsuna is meant to be short in length and on sale now, but I've not played it so I can't comment on its quality.

Ascheroth

Xanadu Next and Evoland 2 are in the ~20 hour range

then all the Ys games are around ~10-15 hours for a single playthrough, though Origin has 3 different characters so if you want to play all of them it's longer.

I think I Am Setsuna is in the 20 hour range as well? Haven't played the game myself though.

Tonton

I am Setsuna is pretty short.

It's also 40% off right now on the Square Enix sale

Xanadu Next and Evoland 2 are in the ~20 hour range

then all the Ys games are around ~10-15 hours for a single playthrough, though Origin has 3 different characters so if you want to play all of them it's longer.

I think I Am Setsuna is in the 20 hour range as well? Haven't played the game myself though.

right forgot to mention the Ys games, I guess I don't feel the same need to shill it as Xanadu Next because they actually sell

TheTrain

The Witcher 3 is the most incredible videogame I've seen in the last 20 years. I'm almost ready to finish it,
the return to Kaer Mohren
is one of the best thing that I've experienced in a videogame.

Dinjoralo

QP Shooting is actually a seriously good shmup. The bullet patterns are really creative and fun to dodge, and I like the way they handled upgrading with points you get for playing in a little shop, without it just being a balance-ruining "moar damage" setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom