• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Same engine, eh? Better hope it's more Transformers: Devastation and not The Legend of Korra or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance... otherwise you might have to deal with a 1080p lock if you really want to play it.

Well you can always wait for someone to fix it.

Also I'm pretty sure the Pro version plays at a higher res than 1080p.

edit: Ooops, it seems it doesn't. Lol.

Alien8

For all of you VVVVV lovers, let me recommend you Upside down.

It's a very nice small game, with similar mechanics, but easier than VVVVV. There are only 40 levels. I'm currently in the last level with only a couple hours played, but for less than 1 €/$ some of you might be interested.

Lomax

I feel sort of bad for bundlestars, they clearly put a lot of effort this time into their bundlefest and then this freedom bundle drops and just makes everything else look third rate.

Also seeing Total Warhammer for $40 still in the top 10 list even though it's $12 on humble monthly shows how many people still just buy exclusively through the main store and nothing else.

I vote with my wallet, that's why I bought all the Tecmo Koei games I could ;)

You. I like you. If we get the NG games ported to PC, I'll thank you for it.

It'd be so nice to have that trilogy lifted from the PS3/x360... especially if they made a collection where you could just choose the version you wanted to play just to keep the people who prefer NGB and NG2 happy... though I don't think anyone needs vanilla NG3, just replace that with RE.

Amzin

I bought Hidden Folks last night and tried to play it a bit before bed on my 2-in-1, but it doesn't seem to react to touch control or stylus clicks at all (aside from moving the screen around). Kinda disappointed because it seems like the perfect touchscreen game and playing it with the touchpad is meh.

Going to see if the developer can improve compatibility with those controls maybe before I consider refunding it. Really don't have any desire to play it sitting at my desk with a mouse :p

Edit: Looks like someone else already asked and it's on the Devs' "list", so maybe yay.

Grief.exe

I'm still holding an outside chance for Nioh.

Same engine, eh? Better hope it's more Transformers: Devastation and not The Legend of Korra or Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance... otherwise you might have to deal with a 1080p lock if you really want to play it.

I believe the reason Platinum used locked resolutions is due to the way they create UIs. Most companies create a UI that scales mathematically scales to arbitrary resolutions, Platinum just creates a custom resolution for a particular resolution and aspect ratio.

This actually carries over to Transformers where they support 4K, but there are no resolution options between 1080p and 4K due to this issue.

I believe the reason Platinum used locked resolutions is due to the way they create UIs. Most companies create a UI that scales mathematically scales to arbitrary resolutions, Platinum just creates a custom resolution for a particular resolution and aspect ratio.

This actually carries over to Transformers where they support 4K, but there are no resolution options between 1080p and 4K due to this issue.

What do you mean an outside chance ?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shining Force -- MB-57E6854AA74D1C6A - Taken by Annubis

Kudo

How early does season pass items pop up in Steam? You can buy last DLC for DS3 but still don't see it in my library.

C4rter

If I'm not mistaken, Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault reached a new low with 4,99€. I was interested in it for some time but did not buy it because 7,49€ seemed too much. Is it worth 4,99€?

Holy shit you're back.

Where'd I go?

NiOH is fantastic.
I'd gladly rebuy on PC if a port is made down the line.

Naarmight

Sorry if old but there seems to be a random sale on the SNK fighting games on Steam 50% off inc Garou which only appeared in December. Tempted to pick it up

Momentary

Banned
I've got prime and some people are saying they are getting $20 off Nier from there with a prime account. I'm not getting this. I'm pretty sure prime doesn't offer discounts from digital preorders. But there's a screen cap in the conspiracy theory thread with the discount

Benedict

I hope the Guacameele code works
Seems to have been two different versions of the game in the Freedom Bundle?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-6C641F8E31034F2B
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut -- MB-BA5CB82E293F0862 - Taken by CheDominik

Plesiades

C445wfzUoAAvJUS.jpg

Thanks DOTA.

Lomax

I've got prime and some people are saying they are getting $20 off Nier from there with a prime account. I'm not getting this. I'm pretty sure prime doesn't offer discounts from digital preorders. But there's a screen cap in the conspiracy theory thread with the discount

On amazon for me it still says not available for prime and yeah, I've never seen the 20% off discount apply to digital pre-orders, just physical. So either someone got a glitch or they created a screenshot.

Oh, dude, then you're already dead.

Nioh is a safer bet for staying on console. Speaking of, I need to pick that one up.

My bet aint about that. Basically, I told duckroll (one of neogaf's mod) to not worry for Nier Automata PC release. Duckroll then said if he/she can ban me if the game is delayed. I said sure, if it's delayed by a more than a month and for how long it's not released yet :p

As for Nioh, I'm 95% sure it's getting released on PC soon.

Madn

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

GemCraft - Chasing Shadows -- MB-9EECFFEEB11BBE93 - Taken by Deques
Rack N Ruin -- MB-1831B76ECF7DF4E1 - Taken by Purkake4

Vibranium

Banned
Wonder where he's going. Sad that Valve lost him, but we'll see. Could just be that he wants to work on something new, because he's been at Valve for ten years now.

He's working on Psychonauts 2 right now with Double Fine, as he also co-wrote the first one.

I'm excited for any project Erik's involved with. I like his comedy and the weird ideas he has kicking around.

data

:3

Not going to lie

The 「Princess Maker」 has introduced the concept of 「raising your own daughter」 as the first lifetime simulation game featuring an interesting story which depicts adopting a 10 year old girl and raising her to be a fully grown lady and still hold long-lasting and firm fandom

Sounds creepy as hell.

Not going to lie

Sounds creepy as hell.

My gf loves that series. Even though it seems this game was mainly targeting a male audience with a weird fetish, it did found an audience with younger girls and women, especially in countries where the game was localized.
So I guess it's creepy depending on who you're considering to be the main audience.

Wok

Thanks DOTA.

OMG I messed up a few weeks ago, and I cannot see Twitter images posted on GAF. The problem is I don't remember what I did, so I have big troubles undoing it.

Edit: Alright, it is a Firefox addon called Fat Free Fox which blocked these images.

Ffwj2Nr.png

Tracking Protection for non-private Windows

Most of the websites and online services that are perceived as free by the users are not free in the true sense. In exchange for free web content, these sites allow third-party advertisers to harvest users' private data like location, email addresses, areas of interests, likes and dislikes, browsing habits etc. The advertisers use this data to uniquely identify visitors, build a profile and follow them when they surf across the web through multiple websites. These browsing profiles can be very specific and shockingly revealing - mothers with infant children or a person with affiliation to the Democratic Party. This multi-billion dollar digital marketing industry has caused seemingly mundane activities like shopping, chatting and travelling to be constantly recorded, analyzed and monetized.

As long as the user is a willing participant, this sort of tracking can be a good thing. For example, online retailers can tailor their websites to their needs and ensure they are more likely to see advertisements for products and services relevant to their interests; restaurant discovery sites can offer its users an individualized experience based on their location and past preferences. The problem is that most of this information has been secretly harvested without making it clear to the users what is being collected and how that information is being used. A recent report into the US consumers' attitude to this collection of personal data has revealed that most users feel powerless against the ubiquitous "big brother" like advertising networks who are always watching over their shoulders.

Firefox introduced a tracking protection feature in version 42 where it would block third-party content like ads, analytics trackers and social share buttons that may record users' behavior without their knowledge. This built-in tracking protection is similar in nature to the one provided by popular extensions like Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin. However, by default, Firefox enables this feature only for Private Browsing windows. Many privacy-conscious users might wish to benefit from this protection in non-private windows too. Users can also select between Basic and Strict protection in Firefox preferences.

CAUTION: With tracking protection enabled, some web pages may appear broken since ads that track behavior are blocked. Users can disable tracking protection on a per-site basis using the Control Center built into Firefox.

Accoun

So, TB is trying out Halo Wars 2 on stream...

The game's framerate drops lower and lower every time he pauses and goes to the menu. Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom