• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this new Bundlestars bundle is great in case people missed it, special price during the weekend apparently.

year walk
eliot quest (which many people vouch for as a great metroidvania)
rack n ruin (which I vouch for as a great zelda like)
mad bullets
earth overclocked
gemcraft
bloodsport.tv
zombie vikings

edit: looking back a few pages guess people didnt miss it :p

Blu(e)

Up for preorder on Play-Asia for like $36.

The way you worded it made it sound like GMG had Nier at a discount.
Play-Asia is tempting... however, I don't think I saw a US digital version when I looked earlier, only EU.

Edit: Just checked again, definitely EU only.

I just meant by early discounts that have happened today. Sorry if it sounded otherwise.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So excited, finally bought a 1070. Went with the Asus Strix because I've had EVGA, MSI, and Gigabyte (my current favorite) gpus in the past and want to see how what the fuss is about with Strix.

I'll be playing at 1080p. Any games to really test out the GPU? Already bought Far Cry 4, Rise of Tomb, Witcher 3, DOOM, and Total Warhammer.

Quantum Break is quite the looker. Remedy has a knack for strong environmental design and the volumetric lighting technology, while expensive, is downright delectable. A 1070 should manage 1080p60 at max settings with upscaling disabled, for the most part (a 1070 is practically identical to a 980 Ti as far as raw power is concerned):

QB_1920.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so is that march release date for Nier on play asia official or are they just guessing? has SE said anything?

Phawx

So excited, finally bought a 1070. Went with the Asus Strix because I've had EVGA, MSI, and Gigabyte (my current favorite) gpus in the past and want to see how what the fuss is about with Strix.

I'll be playing at 1080p. Any games to really test out the GPU? Already bought Far Cry 4, Rise of Tomb, Witcher 3, DOOM, and Total Warhammer.

At 1080p, just put ultra settings and call it a day. Doom is near 60fps at 4k on my 1070. Constant enough.

Ascheroth

I'd like to believe that lots of stores suddenly putting up preorders for Nier at the same time is not a coincidence.
That 30€ price at play-asia is also seriously tempting, but I don't think I'll get the game at release. Spring is already reserved for Trails the 3rd, although I wouldn't be surprised if the spring release turned out to be late June... But hopefully it's March/April <.<

C4rter

Bundlestars

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bloodsports.TV -- MB-3509942E9BB3ECE3 - Taken by data
GemCraft - Chasing Shadows -- MB-02E3EBE422BD38C3 - Taken by voodooray
Year Walk -- MB-1D8F51AC4391A9F3 - Taken by Axass

Tagyhag

Quantum Break is quite the looker. Remedy has a knack for strong environmental design and the volumetric lighting technology, while expensive, is downright delectable. A 1070 should manage 1080p60 at max settings with upscaling disabled, for the most part (a 1070 is practically identical to a 980 Ti as far as raw power is concerned):

Completely forgot about Quantum Break! Does the Steam version also has those weird resolution issues or hitching?

It's a gorgeous looking game but I don't want to worry about bad ports lol.

Tonton

I'd like to believe that lots of stores suddenly putting up preorders for Nier at the same time is not a coincidence.
That 30€ price at play-asia is also seriously tempting, but I don't think I'll get the game at release. Spring is already reserved for Trails the 3rd, although I wouldn't be surprised if the spring release turned out to be late June... But hopefully it's March/April <.<
Reaaally doubt 3rd is March, can see April but expecting May

Has Spike Chunsoft said anything about Danganronpa V3 on Steam? I thought they would do a simultaneous release like ZTD

JaseC

Completely forgot about Quantum Break! Does the Steam version also has those weird resolution issues or hitching?

You can disable upscaling, and the game ran fine for me throughout my ~20 hours with it.

It's a gorgeous looking game but I don't want to worry about bad ports lol.

The reputation the PC version has is undeserved as the performance scaling is actually more or less in line with the fact that the X1 version runs at 720p and medium settings. It's just more demanding than some would prefer.

I don't think any game will ever disappoint me as much as Quantum Break. Boring, generic cbs style story, shockingly low number of actual combat encounters, and completely automated and cutscene based platforming. It feels so outdated.

Lighting is gorgeous though and I wish there was enough combat for me to want to play it again but I just think back to 90% of the game being slow walking through awful dialogue.

C4rter

I don't think any game will ever disappoint me as much as Quantum Break. Boring, generic cbs style story, shockingly low number of actual combat encounters, and completely automated and cutscene based platforming. It feels so outdated.

Lighting is gorgeous though and I wish there was enough combat for me to want to play it again but I just think back to 90% of the game being slow walking through awful dialogue.

You are not completely wrong. The combat is entertaining as hell (Remedy as usual) but there is not enough.

Nabs

Cosmic Star Heroine is on Humble Store with a -20% discount. It comes out to a little more than $10 if you have a Monthly sub. There's a date, but it's probably placeholder.

edit: woops. I think it's been 12 for a while. ha.

Tagyhag

You can disable upscaling, and the game ran fine for me throughout my ~20 hours with it.

The reputation the PC version has is undeserved as the performance scaling is actually more or less in line with the fact that the X1 version runs at 720p and medium settings. It's just more demanding than some would prefer.

Okay sounds great ty.

I have no problem with demanding games as long as they earn that demand, like Star Citizen.

JaseC

Cosmic Star Heroine is on Humble Store with a -20% discount. It comes out to a little more than $10 if you have a Monthly sub. There's a date, but it's probably placeholder.

The date may actually be accurate as it does align with the game's position on Steam's Coming Soon list, where it sits between a game releasing March 23rd and another releasing on April 4th.

Nzyme32

The single player dream still lives.

Though I'd say for the near term that is only really true for VR, since that is there entire push right now by the sounds of things.

I'm waiting on the next headsets that have better tech, mainly foveated rendering and wireless (should be within the next 2 years). Till then I rely on Vive's at work, which doesn't give me much time to play with them sadly

QB_1920.jpg

Been considering it for a while, but might wait for both a better price considering needing the performance issue and my lowly GTX1060. Seems prudent to spend on other things first

Though I'd say for the near term that is only really true for VR, since that is there entire push right now by the sounds of things.

I'm waiting on the next headsets that have better tech, mainly foveated rendering and wireless (should be within the next 2 years). Till then I rely on Vive's at work, which doesn't give me much time to play with them sadly

Been considering it for a while, but might wait for both a better price considering needing the performance issue and my lowly GTX1060. Seems prudent to spend on other things first

The really nice physical edition of Quantum Break is regularly $20-$25 on Amazon.

Sarcasm

can you setup a download on Steam so that it shuts down the PC when it's finished?

No, but I do a command from command prompt (admin) that shuts the PC down in X amount of seconds.

Example:

shutdown -s -t 10800

This will shut my PC down in 3 hours.

1 hour = 3600 seconds.

Nzyme32

The really nice physical edition of Quantum Break is regularly $20-$25 on Amazon.

Yeah that sounds cool. I didn't bother to check because recently in the UK it seems a bunch of things are exclusive to Amazon Prime. Wanted to get the latest Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void, which far cheaper, but you need Prime.

...... oh wait shit, I just bought prime... oh for fucks sake.

Yeah I'll check it out!

I can log into Steam but I can't access my inventory, BPM can't launch and I can only access my library that's it.

Damn man you've got no luck at the moment. What was wrong with the computer in the end, or is it still a mystery?

Damn man you've got no luck at the moment. What was wrong with the computer in the end, or is it still a mystery?

No damn clue

I had to create another user profile on my comp using an alt gmail account and I'm currently on it right now

Perhaps I should update that thread?

Does GMG still occasionally have a generic voucher code? I could swear I saw one, but it's not active any more... I know it's not like the old days anymore, but I'd love to find a generic one to stack with some of the current discounts.

data

Dude, I can't even mount the ISO on the disc because anytime I start the download, it never gets past 0% in loading

MY LUCKS SUCKS RN

Sounds like it's network related? But if not you can buy a Ubuntu live usb off of their site, run a windows VM, install Windows with MS's official usb installer tool or an ISO and install it that way. But that's only if the download thing isn't a network issue.

JaseC

Does GMG still occasionally have a generic voucher code? I could swear I saw one, but it's not active any more... I know it's not like the old days anymore, but I'd love to find a generic one to stack with some of the current discounts.

Someone mentioned the other day that GMG still occasionally sends out codes via e-mail, but I think they're account-specific.

Sounds like it's network related? But if not you can buy a Ubuntu live usb off of their site, run a windows VM, install Windows with MS's official usb installer tool or an ISO and install it that way. But that's only if the download thing isn't a network issue.

That...

I understand what you're saying....

But I'm not the most technical inclined person and that sounds like a recipe for me fucking up something I should never mess with because programming things is very scary for me.
I'm an idiot and I would fuck this up somehow.

Lomax

this new Bundlestars bundle is great in case people missed it, special price during the weekend apparently.

year walk
eliot quest (which many people vouch for as a great metroidvania)
rack n ruin (which I vouch for as a great zelda like)
mad bullets
earth overclocked
gemcraft
bloodsport.tv
zombie vikings

edit: looking back a few pages guess people didnt miss it :p

SteamGaf needs a meme for "that game sounds interesting... oh I already own it" that I can just use for every post I make. Always nice though to find out about a Zelda-like I didn't already play.

Nzyme32

Dude, I can't even mount the ISO on the disc because anytime I start the download, it never gets past 0% in loading

MY LUCKS SUCKS RN

IIRC you said you were on Win 7 right?

As a worst case scenario - do a clean install, and use your Windows 7 Key to get Windows 10 (cheekily for free if desperate times call for desperate measures, or you can get a cheap key from reddit). Once that is done, you should get the usb bootable version from microsoft rather than disc - no mounting required via iso, instead you will follow the directions to make a bootable usb. From there you can wipe the computer, put Win 10 on there and be sorted. It should be painless.

Eila

Puzzle Agent is cute.
And I never even heard of Rack N Ruin, but I own it so I'm going to check it out. Ittle Dew was an ok Zelda-like. I also tried Oceanhorn but I didn't like that one very much.

Teppic

What is the best way to make a reinstall of Windows10? I used Windows backup utility after I did a Win8.1 clean install and upgraded to 10. I just want to do a complete clean install of Windows 10 eventually. Is there some other way apart from restoring the backup I made?

Edit: googled the answer. Should have done that from the start.

Rhaknar

seems they are finally done adding stuff to the freedom bundle :3

Dinjoralo

Didn't the Steam version in DX11 run far better than the Windows 10 store version? :p Not saying it's a shit port, but the W10 version was a poor first impression for people to roll with.

Only four more days until Night In The Woods... I'd ask someone to hold me, but I have a hubby for that.

since they made the switch to VIP pricing they've had some vouchers but they've either been only for very specific games or ones that were just for a limited time

haven't seen anyone mentioning any lately so there might not be any active right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom