• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

I can only hope Ys VIII does well enough on Steam to convince them to bring VII too.

Already played it but that shit needs to happen. Specially if they manage to make it 60 fps. The barebones chinese PC port already has improved textures.

Lain

W1YgxyV.gif

edit: Ys 8 for PS4 and Vita ;_;

edit2: and steam! now give me the best one 7. thats right, I said it.

Hi5

Eila

What the heck, all the Ys Seven fans coming out of the woodwork >_>
I didn't hate the game but the real high of the series are Oath-Origin.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

To me thats like saying Zelda on the 3DO isnthe high of the series, thats how crazy you Origin shills sound to me.

I am not joking. Then again Seven was the only Ys game I truly liked so /shrug

It was also my first if that matters.

Tizoc

I like ys seven, tho i like the ys games in general so even the weaker games in the series are enjoyable to an extent (looking at u ys 6)

Lain

Origin is good, but Oath to me was completely lame. VII is still the one I enjoyed the most, thus best Ys as far as I'm concerned.

kagamin

To me thats like saying Zelda on the 3DO isnthe high of the series, thats how crazy you Origin shills sound to me.

I am not joking. Then again Seven was the only Ys game I truly liked so /shrug

It was also my first if that matters.

Origin is good, but Oath to me was completely lame. VII is still the one I enjoyed the most, thus best Ys as far as I'm concerned.

Well, I think the more apt question to ask would be, what is it that you like about it better than the other games? (asking for the fans of Origin).

Lain

Well, I think the more apt question to ask would be, what is it that you like about it better than the other games? (asking for the fans of Origin).

Gameplay mostly, with the party based combat, plus the pretty good art and the little more emphasis on the story, compared to the other games in the series (which is something many long time fans said they didn't like about VII in the OT for the game) are what I like VII more over the rest.
Origin is definitely my close second (because I still haven't started Memories of Celceta) thanks to its gameplay. Oath didn't do much for me so it's really low on my list, though still towering over Ys I and II.

Eila

Superb gameplay. Some of the best boss fights in gaming. The story isn't padded as hell, something the series was known for before Seven.

So besides it kinda being shitty that XSeed doesn't get to work on Ys, are people not fans of NISA translation quality? I haven't played too many of their games.

FLD

So besides it kinda being shitty that XSeed doesn't get to work on Ys, are people not fans of NISA translation quality? I haven't played too many of their games.

I'm really curious about this as well. Disgaea is their only series I'm really familiar with and the translation/dub quality seems good there. It's a bummer for XSEED but having both Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII on Steam is just too good of a trade off for me to stay upset for them. As long as NISA makes an effort to keep their translation consistent with the existing games then it's fine by me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Flame in the Flood is 50% off right now for those searching for Roguelike river adventures.

its not even a rogue like tho, it has a campaign / story and checkpoints.

I vouch for the recomendation itself tho, I loved it.

Psycho-Pass had some mistranslation errors that I think were patched, Operation Abyss had some real bad translation quality (some paragraphs didnt make sense, some text was still in japanese, etc.), Danganronpa Another episode had some really small translation errors but was still pretty good, Disgaea had some with the DLC and maybe a couple in the main game.

They are typically pretty good though, a vast improvement from the Ar Tonelico 2 and Rhapsody DS days where both were just terrible localization wise (extremely odd grammar, missing words and had bugs that weren't even in the original Japanese version).

so was anything actually announced for PC at that thing besides Ys 8?

I think it was just Tokyo Tattoo Girls (http://gematsu.com/2017/02/tokyo-tattoo-girls-ps-vita-pc-coming-west-summer) and the release dates of games that were already announced to be coming to steam (Psycho-Pass(April 27), Birthdays:the beginning(May 9), Cladun Returns(June 6), Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Dispair Girls(June 27), Operation Abyss(March 27), and Operation Babel(May 16)).

Also Danganronpa got a release date (September 26) which will most likely be the Steam date as well when Spike Chunsoft annoounces the game for steam.

Rhaknar

Overwatch

And when I'm not playing that, looking to move to a city closer to school and doing homework.

On to my Bachelor's

My man. good luck in college

I just started my 3rd Dark Souls playthrough so hey maybe I finish this time. Amidst that, I've been juggling hella games. I really need to strap down and finish one. Im probably about a third way into the newest Deus Ex and its great but I just lose motivation. Especially when Im exhausted from work

FLD

Mostly just release dates for stuff we already knew was coming.

• Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Dispair Girls - June 27, 2017 (PS4)
  • Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony - September 26, 2017 (PS4, Vita)
  • Tokyo Tattoo Girls - Fall 2017 (Vita, Windows)
  • Operation Babel: New Tokyo Legacy - May 16, 2017 (Windows)
  • Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy - March 27, 2017 (Windows)
  • Cladun Returns: This is Sengoku! - June 6, 2017 (PS4, Vita, Windows)
  • Birthdays the Beginning - May 9, 2017 (PS4, Windows)
  • A Rose in the Twilight - April 11, 2017 (Vita, Windows)
  • Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness - April 24, 2017 (Windows)
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana - Fall 2017 (PS4, Vita, Windows)

Assuming both Danganronpa games are same dates for Steam, just not mentioned because NISA.

I dont get it. He is very punchable but he's just the host of the stream, what does he have to do with the game?

I was actually showing the clip of him mispronouncing the "Ys" name. Nothing major but I thought it was a bang up start of NISA handling the Ys series. Heh.

Lain

NISA has never been known for good translation quality (though over time they obviously improved). Their qualities have always been dual audio and releasing the niche JRPG games that others didn't.
I don't dislike them though, but if I had to pick a localization team for Ys/Xanadu, I'd pick XSEED over NISA/Aksys every time.

Pixieking

Banned
Im suffocating over there in gaming side brehs what games we playing

Was playing Nioh, but it's pretty repetitive, and not all that exciting, so I'm going to give it a rest for awhile. Will start Until Dawn tonight, and continue my just-started game of Witcher 3 this afternoon.

Rhaknar

Ys 8 looked great in that short clip btw, is this the first modern and non-overhead Ys game? I know 7 was on psp but have there been like any spin offs or something or the series just went into a hiatus?

Was playing Nioh, but it's pretty repetitive, and not all that exciting, so I'm going to give it a rest for awhile. Will start Until Dawn tonight, and continue my just-started game of Witcher 3 this afternoon.

I been eyeing Ni-Oh and idk why. Im not the biggest DS fan but my roommate just got a ps4 pro so Im trying to figure out something worthwhile for the console.

Enjoy TW3. It's legitimately as great as everyone says. Just dont get burnt out on it. I loved it but I just wanted to get it over with on my last couple hours.

Eila

Ys 8 looked great in that short clip btw, is this the first modern and non-overhead Ys game? I know 7 was on psp but have there been like any spin offs or something or the series just went into a hiatus?

Played Ys Celceta? It's a lot like Ys Seven.
It also had some weird spinoff RTS on DS called Ys Strategy and an MMO which didn't last very long.

FLD

Sounds like he's saying "Ys Eight" to me.

That's because that's exactly what he's saying lol. I mean, come on. "Ees-say" doesn't even make sense as a mispronunciation.

On another note, holy shit how fucking annoying is it that Atelier doesn't lose input focus when alt-tabbed? Ugh, I'm typing and just hearing the game going apeshit in menus. I just alt-tabbed back in and I somehow ended up in another section of the town and was in my item container about to discard some shit. It's ridiculous lol.

Rhaknar

Played Ys Celceta? It's a lot like Ys Seven.
It also had some weird spinoff RTS on DS called Ys Strategy and an MMO which didn't last very long.

Ive only played 7 on Vita, Origin on pc and a little bit of Oath.

Eila

Ive only played 7 on Vita, Origin on pc and a little bit of Oath.

Ys Celceta on Vita is a lot like Ys Seven. It's also got a chinese PC port like Seven but somebody actually inserted the translation into it so you can play it on PC. But it's probably better on Vita as it is because the port is lacking.

Store pages for Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana and Tokyo Tattoo Girls are up.

Ohh good stuff. Hadn't seen much gameplay footage. The CEO of Falcom gives an introduction in the video. Nice to see him acknowledging Steam. Love the newfound interest in PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom