• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kyle Orland (Ars Technica): Mario Odyssey embargo lifts October 26, has copy.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I mean do we honestly need reviews to tell us it’s going to be good?

It’s a new mainline 3d Mario game.

Name 1 that was objectively bad.

Ps sunshine was good.
It's important to know if it's 40/40 good or 39/40 bad.

maxcriden

Everything seems to have a season pass nowadays. What are the odds Mario gets one?

I don't see it happening, but who knows

I see it happening and I hope it does.

With BOTW and M+R, one was announced in advance. So I suspect we may not see one for SMO, but I'd love to be wrong.

Still can. Rabbits had it's season pass revealed 5-6 days before release.

Oh, I missed that. Maybe we will see news soon then.

The embargo being so late leads me to believe there's some awesome stuff in the game Nintendo doesn't want spoiled. Pretty excited about that.

Gamexplain also got their copy in, so it's not just big gaming websites.

There's a footage embargo until the 26th. I'm not sure what can actually be said about the game preview-wise before then either.

Is that the copy they got from Europe, or an actual US copy?

Forkball

Found this on Twitter:

DMmN3M_XcAAloLJ.jpg

The computers probably won't let it be sold yet, but you never know...

the review scores are going to tell you how close this game is going to compete with Zelda for:

• Game of the Year
  • Switch Game of the Year

Also out of nowhere I'm going to make a prediction that Destiny 2 will win NO GOTY awards, and still release a GOTY edition anyway because fuck it

A lot of games will release a GOTY edition even when not winning any awards because they're popular sales targets.
what does that have to do with this thread?

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
can't wait for his review on SMBHQ.com

Honestly I'm shocked that I wasn't the only person to think this. "Am I the only person who thought..." is always a stupid question, but SMBHQ is such ancient internet history that I actually was genuinely curious how many people would still remember it nowadays.

KingV

As much as they've already shown, not sure why they don't let reviewers talk about it more. On the flip side, since they have shown so much, I don't really need a review and have mostly been avoiding media on this game.

I know almost nothing about it, I’m super pumped to discover it mostly blind.

Top Bottom