• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Pre-Open beta starting in June

I ended up registering the day the last beta had ended so I logged into the Sega ID thing and when I scrolled down to the PS02 link this was underneath the link instead of the 'Service Registration' button: サービス利用登録済. What does this mean?

Already registered. You don't need to register again, you are good to go.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
According to the official PSO2 twitter, there's an announcement incoming this evening (in a few hours here in Japan).

expel

the announcement is......
limited time of playing over 2 days
15 and 16 of June from 19:00 til 24:00 Japan time on both days
since it's limited time, players won't be able to explore all of the contents so they make the new area desert area accessible through a special preopen beta test quest from level 1..
they also announced their content that will cost AC/money which is called the Premium Set 1300AC/1300Yen per month, which includes my room, my shop, expanded inventory up to 300 slots, trading items(players who play for free only able to trade healing items in the quest), the right to enter a Premium Block, and will get FUN points easier (rate increased)...
The FUN scratch is free, but the AC Scratch is not...however AC scratch will only consists items to make your char look prettier or something like that...not weapon or such things...while the FUN scratch will consists things like furniture for My Room, Lobby actions, music discs, 3 days free ticket to use My room and My shop..

ezodagrom

pre-beta....I want to play it just to see the new stuff...but it's only 2 days =/
Well, there's a quest with the new desert area that is accessible at level 1 only during the pre-open beta test (those who go through that quest will receive a Rifle Bouquet in the Open Beta).

Well, there's a quest with the new desert area that is accessible at level 1 only during the pre-open beta test (those who go through that quest will receive a Rifle Bouquet in the Open Beta).

Well, in that case I have every reason to go into the pre-beta lol.

Rocking a Rifle Bouquet is always fun, even when you main a Hunter lol.

wwm0nkey

Just got an email with the dates and the Closed beta client is now updating :)

EDIT: Bad news, the translator no longer works :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
PSO2 official twitter advises updating the client as soon as possible, as the download is quite large (few GB).

Hmm...the pre-beta has some REALLY harsh server uptimes.

6am-11am EST for the two days only....getting that rifle bouquet is gonna be a challenge.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Downloads are live.
If you already had the Closed beta installed, the patcher is up and running.

I assume anyone that was in the second alpha is already in? I guess I just have to start up the launcher and update?

Hmm...the pre-beta has some REALLY harsh server uptimes.

6am-11am EST for the two days only....getting that rifle bouquet is gonna be a challenge.

Just to be sure, it's still Friday and Saturday for us in EDT, right? If I go to bed early I can probably squeeze in a couple hours before I have to go to work on Friday.

ezodagrom

For those who don't have the client, guide on where to download it and what are the launcher settings:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-site-and-download-begins/

It also has a note about posting screenshots or videos from the pre-open beta/open beta:

Phantasy Star Online 2 allows players to record or take screenshots of their gameplay. You may post these screenshots to any website or video hosting site by following the recommendations below:

Screenshots: You may insert the following copyright notation either within the screenshot or below all screenshots you have taken. (This copyright notation is copied directly from PSO2′s official website.)

(C)SEGA

Near where the images are placed, please place a link to PSO2′s official site as follows:

『PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2』公式サイト

http://pso2.jp/

If you can not place the copyright notation within the website, you can take screenshots from within the game and it will embed the copyright notice for you in the lower right corner. (Screenshots are located at DOCUMENTS\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\ folder.)

You are allowed to crop, resize the image, and/or photoshop your player id name or character name. In fact, by taking screenshots within the game, there is a setting that will remove the user interface and character names as well.

Videos: For those who are streaming videos in real time, or uploading videos onto video hosting websites or blogs, should follow the below recommendations:

Video users should place the copyright notation at the beginning and end of the video for more than two seconds OR within the video description area.

(C)SEGA

In addition, in the video description area, please include the following note:

Changing the playback speed or adding unrelated videos and music to your gameplay is prohibited. You are allowed to edit the video to obscure character or player ID names.

If you are doing a live stream please place this in your stream description area:

(C)SEGA

For screenshots, just use the regular screenshot function in the game and it'll put all those PSO2 watermarks in the screenshot

I would like to add here that I run a Community Chat for the game on IRC and mumble and we're willing to accept any NeoGAF members. :)

Direct link to the web chat
Server and channel for an IRC client:

IRC: irc.seraphimlabs.net
channel: #pso2

Mumble info:
Address: pso2db.com
Port: 49572
Password:
herptomyderp23
<--- Highlight for password

emb

Forgive me if I'm being a little dense here, but registering for the pre-open beta means I'm good to go for the open beta, right? And the pre open is the 15 and 16?

I hope we reach consensus on which ship to play on soon. From Open Beta onward, it'll cost money to migrate/make a new character on another ship.

The last I heard from a friend was a significant number of people were considering Ship 1 since it was most likely to have a stable economy.

ezodagrom

I hope we reach consensus on which ship to play on soon. From Open Beta onward, it'll cost money to migrate/make a new character on another ship.

The last I heard from a friend was a significant number of people were considering Ship 1 since it was most likely to have a stable economy.
As far as I know, alot of english speaking players are planning on Ship 2, especially in the PSOWorld community.
The reasoning for Ship 2 is to go for a ship that doesn't have a population that is too big (to avoid lag), but still go for a ship that will have a good enough population to support an healthy economy.

Ogni-XR21

I probably won't make it online on Friday (time slot is right when I'm at work), so I will have to make it on Saturday. Since I have not played the game at all until now I hope I will somehow manage to make it through the quest needed for the bouquet.

I seem to be having trouble with the downloader. When I open it up, it shows the the downloader screen, then it becomes unusable as all the buttons I press give me the error sound. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Kiyo

I seem to be having trouble with the downloader. When I open it up, it shows the the downloader screen, then it becomes unusable as all the buttons I press give me the error sound. Can anyone help me with this problem?

I didn't have any problems using the launcher right now. Maybe try running as administrator and/or setting it to download to a different folder?

Anyone know if there's an english patch for pre-open beta? Or where do we find it/get updates on it?

ezodagrom

I didn't have any problems using the launcher right now. Maybe try running as administrator and/or setting it to download to a different folder?

Anyone know if there's an english patch for pre-open beta? Or where do we find it/get updates on it?
Since the pre-open beta is so short, the guys who made the patch for the closed beta are not going to make a patch for the pre-open beta. They're going to focus in the actual open beta.

ezodagrom

The pastebin dump I was using said Ship 4, and I saw a lot of english people there too..
Ship 2 had the most english speaking players in the closed beta, at peak times the block used mostly by english players (block 20) was full or nearly full.

I really hate my lappy. It still refuses to work. Well I guess I'll download it to my PC and then switch it to my lappy once it's down. Wonder why the downloader doesn't want to work...

I have a couple of questions:

1.) Does anyone know if the Open Beta will truly be open, i.e. everyone that wants to can play without needing to be invited?

2.) I hope this is okay to ask, but does anyone know of an easy-to-follow and detailed guide to registering for the Pre-Open Beta for English speakers?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Seriously guys, thank you for both the link and guide on how to sign up. You guys are the best!

ezodagrom

I have a couple of questions:

1.) Does anyone know if the Open Beta will truly be open, i.e. everyone that wants to can play without needing to be invited?

2.) I hope this is okay to ask, but does anyone know of an easy-to-follow and detailed guide to registering for the Pre-Open Beta for English speakers?
1) As far as I know, yes, it is truly open.

2) Pre-Open Beta registration guide:
http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-pre-open-beta-registration-guide/

Top Bottom