• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Pre-Open beta starting in June

Maybe I'm stupid but how do you equip new weapons? It seems like no matter what I do it doesn't equip it while I'm in the item menu.

Edit: Fuck, me I wonder what happen to my other weapons but I got it now. :/

If they're not in your inventory anymore you may have either discarded them or sent them into storage. If you clicked something that had x/200 slots, it was storage.

Wow.
I'm not sure what they did, but there was not even a hint of lag for the 3 hours I played.

iCFg2wENMQP9x.gif

The desert area is a freaking amazing zone.
Varied and tough enemies, fantastic music, nice ambiance.

Blueblur1

Logging in today was such a hassle (I was having password issues). Combined with the lack of an English patch, I'm compelled to not even play in the Open Beta. I'll probably just wait until the official English launch of the game even if it's in the Fall.

If they're not in your inventory anymore you may have either discarded them or sent them into storage. If you clicked something that had x/200 slots, it was storage.

I did some that way and the bottom most thing which I'm assuming was drop. I'm surprised it doesn't reappear on the screen when you do that.

Raide

So good, even better. It feels like it runs faster overall.

Man, I've missed this game. Even saw people I remember.

Before I was using my on-board graphics and now I have my 6850...damn thing looks delicious.

Also, are the ships down for anyone else?

arit

Seems like http-error during downloading the patch resets it completely. I suppose there is no way to download it externally?

Coxy

FUCK. I was rushing to kill the beetle in the desert to end the quest and I couldn't make it in time. :(

if it's any consolation, that doesnt end the quest

I just had one of the best gaming experiences ever on that mission, we got a code attack on one of the 3 part robots which had a massive group of other respawning robots with it, and while fighting them the antlion spawned too, as we ran to retreat the robots and the antlion turned on each other and a giant robot laser fight ensued. It was a really exciting naturally flowing experience that outdid nearly all the big pre-planned firefights in actual shooters this gen for me

emb

So I'm not sure what's going on. Is there like an error list with translations I can refer to? Or is a translation patch working (/does any one have a link?).

It's not that urgent, I'm more interested in the actual beta. I would kind of like to test this out though.

Right now when I try to log into a ship with my Sega ID/password, I'm getting errors 649, 632, 242, and others. It seems to be different each time though. No clue if I some how wrote down my password wrong, or if my computer isn't good enough, or if I'm just screwing something else up.

If you're trying right now, the beta period for today is already over. There is one more five hour period left in this round tomorrow, starting 6AM EDT.

if it's any consolation, that doesnt end the quest

I just had one of the best gaming experiences ever on that mission, we got a code attack on one of the 3 part robots which had a massive group of other respawning robots with it, and while fighting them the antlion spawned too, as we ran to retreat the robots and the antlion turned on each other and a giant robot laser fight ensued. It was a really exciting naturally flowing experience that outdid nearly all the big pre-planned firefights in actual shooters this gen for me

It does actually. That was on the third level of the stage and the paths didn't seem to go much farther so I was hoping that ended it so I just started wailing on him. Damn thing must have a million hp though, I was hitting him for what seemed like forever.

ezodagrom

According to the PSO2 twitter, the pre-open beta today is going to last 2 more hours than previously announced.

The revised times:
Japan:
- 19:00 ~ 26:00 (2 AM)

UK:
- 11:00 ~ 18:00

USA East Coast:
- 06:00 (AM) ~ 1:00 (PM)

USA West Coast:
- 03:00 (AM) ~ 10:00 (AM)

desa

I was logged in earlier. I crashed and decided to use the english patch to see if it worked. It didn't. Restored the files and now I can't select or see my character.

Can anyone tell me what this screen says?

e7P8E.jpg

I was logged in earlier. I crashed and decided to use the english patch to see if it worked. It didn't. Restored the files and now I can't select or see my character.

Can anyone tell me what this screen says?

e7P8E.jpg

It thinks you're trying to make a new character.
You're only allowed 1 character per ship for free, then it will ask you to charge Arkz cash.

I just want to obtain the special item before the beta expires, but I'm unable even to figure out most basic things.

Right now I'm level 5, but I have full inventory and don't know how to use bank, change techniques, etc...

I'm atleast glad that my lappy can runs this game, although I did had to turn down the graphics settings to low. Is this the last of the beta testing till the game comes out?

VariantX

does anyone have a clue how to not have the chat window pop up every time you touch any key on the keyboard?

UPDATE: found the solution by screwing with the options

emb

I finally got to try it out. Feels pretty fun. I had no idea where to go after the tutorial though, lol.

What would be easier for a new player ranger or force?

Hunter.

Although that opinion's based off the PSO1 engine, and they've gone great lengths to make each class equally accessible in this game. Forces' dependence on fluids is completely gone in PSO2. Basically play whatever class sounds like fun to you.

XDDX

Finally did the desert mission. It took a lot of tries and we had a lot of bad luck, but we got there in the end. The game is great though, and a lot of fun.

ezodagrom

I'm atleast glad that my lappy can runs this game, although I did had to turn down the graphics settings to low. Is this the last of the beta testing till the game comes out?
Nope, there's going to be an open beta soon after the pre-open beta. If SEGA is satisfied with the results from the pre-open beta, most likely the open beta will start late next week.

Another thing, while the characters from this pre-open beta test will be wiped, the characters from the open beta will be transfered to the release version.

uh, lag is almost gone, uh sound issues, better loading and runs better overall.

-Typed in the middle of a rockbear fight

Also, I'd say pick ranger. It really doesn't matter, force has healing. Ranger is a lot of fun though exploding everything.

It's freaking pre-beta and people's shops are selling so fast, that you'll see an item, click it and then its gone.

Top Bottom