• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Pre-Open beta starting in June

ezodagrom

Vol Dragon art:

Vol-Dragon-Form-1.jpg

Vol-Dragon-Form-2.jpg

Vol-Dragon-Form-3.jpg

Thanks. I guess it didn't start yet? I was wondering that too.

Everything you're asking has been answered already...

the announcement is......
limited time of playing over 2 days
15 and 16 of June from 19:00 til 24:00 Japan time on both days

Hmm...the pre-beta has some REALLY harsh server uptimes.

6am-11am EST for the two days only....getting that rifle bouquet is gonna be a challenge.

ezodagrom

Is it over or is it still going? It give me some sega id error when I go to login at a ship. ID 602 or something I think.
Below the ship name there's some grey letters, that means the ship is offline. If the letters are green, the ship is online.

Anyway, the pre-open beta is tomorrow and after tomorrow at these times:
Pre Open Beta Test Dates:

Japan:
- 6/15/2012: 19:00 ~ 24:00
- 6/16/2012: 19:00 ~ 24:00

UK:
- 6/15/2012: 11:00 ~ 16:00
- 6/16/2012: 11:00 ~ 16:00

USA East Coast:
- 6/15/2012: 06:00 (AM) ~ 11:00 (AM)
- 6/16/2012: 06:00 (AM) ~ 11:00 (AM)

USA West Coast:
- 6/15/2012: 03:00 (AM) ~ 08:00 (AM)
- 6/16/2012: 03:00 (AM) ~ 08:00 (AM)

I got to the downloader screen thing so I just clicked on the blue box that started the download, but every few minutes it stops and gives me this:

????? HTTP ???????????????[12152]

[OK Button]

Am I doing something wrong?

I got to the downloader screen thing so I just clicked on the blue box that started the download, but every few minutes it stops and gives me this:

Am I doing something wrong?

Besides the Japanese text rendering properly? Not sure how much can be derived from that code but you may want to make sure you have East Asian language support installed and to run the downloader in Japanese locale (AppLocale is the easiest method).

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Below the ship name there's some grey letters, that means the ship is offline. If the letters are green, the ship is online.

Anyway, the pre-open beta is tomorrow and after tomorrow at these times:

Welp, looks like I'll be having an early night tonight and setting my alarm to 2:50am.

Wonko_C

Ok after running it through AppLocale this is what it looks like:

I think it says: "Download error. Incorrect response from http server."

Edit: I looked it up. According to bumped:

1: If you get an HTTP Response error, please change the destination folder of the download to the Desktop instead of Program Files.
2: Your security software may be blocking access to the download server.

I think it says: "Download error. Incorrect response from http server."

Edit: I looked it up. According to bumped:

1: If you get an HTTP Response error, please change the destination folder of the download to the Desktop instead of Program Files.
2: Your security software may be blocking access to the download server.

Thanks for the help. I tried both methods and neither of them seem to get rid of the issue. Whenever I get that error message, I can still click OK and resume the download, but it'll always pop back up again and stop the process. The time it takes to pop up fluctuates, but it's usually every two minutes, which is a hassle and something I don't want to deal with over the three hour time frame it'll take to download this thing. I tried researching it as well and no one seems to have a definite fix for this. :(

Alexlf

Hmm... They still appear down for me unfortunately :(

EDIT: Anyone else getting DNS errors? Do I need to port forward or something?

Top one is just couldn't connect to server, please try again.

Bottom one is incorrect password.

According to Sega's twitter, some people are having login problems but logging in is still working. There are about 18,000 people online now.

Top one is just couldn't connect to server, please try again.

Bottom one is incorrect password.

According to Sega's twitter, some people are having login problems but logging in is still working. There are about 18,000 people online now.

Ah, ok. Ya, I figured the smaller one was me typing too quick and putting the password in wrong. I hope it's just normal issues and I didn't screw something up for the cannot connect to server thing.

Edit: Ships can't be full or anything in this can they? I've been trying two because people said there was a lot of english speakers on it. Should I try another instead?

Edit 2:
Ugmnh.png

Out of curiosity, does this mean anything or is it also bad password? Thanks again!

Ah, ok. Ya, I figured the smaller one was me typing too quick and putting the password in wrong. I hope it's just normal issues and I didn't screw something up for the cannot connect to server thing.

Edit: Ships can't be full or anything in this can they? I've been trying two because people said there was a lot of english speakers on it. Should I try another instead?

Edit 2:
Ugmnh.png

Out of curiosity, does this mean anything or is it also bad password? Thanks again!

Due to system issues, you were disconnected. This is the common one I've seen.

Gloam

Logged in and played a little. Impressed by the variety of hairstyles on offer. Rolled with a Teddy-boy get up, then got stuck at a big red gate during the tutorial. Curse my lack of Japanese!

Game plays real nice with a 360 pad, the combos are easy to get down too. Fell right back into the rhythm.

Kiyo

My ISP would choose to do maintenance at this time =/. Got to play for an hour though, most of it was just learning what to do as I didn't even know about the guide. Finally figured out how to get into missions and it seemed pretty neat. I really like the combat system from the little I got to use it.

Tu101uk

Oh PSO2, how I've missed thee... ;3

Actually, even though it's peak time (in Japan) and an intended stress test on the servers, it's actually not lagging for me as much as during the closed beta, which is interesting.

Perhaps SEGA actually levelled up their server stuff?

O-O~

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think I'm gonna pass on the pre-open this weekend. I got too much stuff to do and can't really dedicate the time to it right now. =(

Pretty much this. If I could play anytime I wanted to it would be different, but preset times makes this basically a no go for me sadly.

Have fun without me PSO-GAF! Let me know of all your fun trials and tribulations!

It's pretty discouraging to hear the Mission Code guy yell "FAIL" at you. D:

I'm done for today (why is this on a workday T_T) but will be back tomorrow at 6 AM until whenever I have to leave for a prior engagement.

I took a bunch of screenshots but don't have time to sort through them before going to work. All my screenshots (including from closed beta) are here: http://megami.starcreator.com/pso2/

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Connected without any problems, finished the tutorials and the bouquet rifle quest.
Won't be playing this pOB anymore, but from the tweets it seems that the test is going smoothly.
28k concurrent connections (highest number so far) and no ingame lags etc. Guess we can expect the open beta to hit next week.

Connected without any problems, finished the tutorials and the bouquet rifle quest.
Won't be playing this pOB anymore, but from the tweets it seems that the test is going smoothly.
28k concurrent connections (highest number so far) and no ingame lags etc. Guess we can expect the open beta to hit next week.

If you can share details on what we have to do, it would be appreciated. Our group got to a part where we had to operate drills or something and we couldn't get them to work properly in time.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
If you can share details on what we have to do, it would be appreciated. Our group got to a part where we had to operate drills or something and we couldn't get them to work properly in time.
To be honest I've joined a random party (turned to be an English one) which was halfway through the quest and was too busy not dying to pay attention to the drills...

Wanchan

Only operate the drills when it glows, else bar will not fill but drops.

Maybe I'm stupid but how do you equip new weapons? It seems like no matter what I do it doesn't equip it while I'm in the item menu.

Edit: Fuck, me I wonder what happen to my other weapons but I got it now. :/

Top Bottom