• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Ambitious

I can throw an impact grenade just right next to an enemy, and most of the time the damage indicator doesn't even show up. And if it does, the enemy usually survives.
Me, on the other hand? If I'm even remotely close to a grenade, I'm so dead.

I can throw an impact grenade just right next to an enemy, and most of the time the damage indicator doesn't even show up. And if it does, the enemy usually survives.
Me, on the other hand? If I'm even remotely close to a grenade, I'm so dead.
Are you getting killed by Thermal Detonators?

The Impact Grenade has been nerfed to require a direct impact to do any significant damage. The Thermal Detonator is on a time fuse from the moment you throw it so if arched correctly it can be used like a mortar and detonate right as it lands.

a few thoughts

1) I still hate the idea of heroes but even more importantly vehicles being tokens on the map
2) Blast is quickly becoming my favorite gametype solely because it doesn't rely on either meatgrinder chokepoints or getting sniped/flanked from long distances
3) not a fan of charge cards or how they're implemented with the credit system and whatnot. Just give them a longer cooldown than normal or something.
4) not sold on the idea of star cards taking prioritization over traditional class roles (i.e. cycler rifle being a substitute for the sharpshooter, bacta healing thing a medic, scatter gun the engineer's shotgun etc.)

at least it looks pretty and they nailed the battlefront gunplay

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I think I'm finally burnt out from playing this game.

Granted, I'm impressed that it took me a lot longer to be burnt out than I thought it would take and it's been great fun until this point, but yeah it's gotten to the redundant stage already. The free DLC weekend didn't sell me on getting the season pass either.

That said, I'm eagerly awaiting more info on Bespin and the Death Star.

a few thoughts

1) I still hate the idea of heroes but even more importantly vehicles being tokens on the map
2) Blast is quickly becoming my favorite gametype solely because it doesn't rely on either meatgrinder chokepoints or getting sniped/flanked from long distances
3) not a fan of charge cards or how they're implemented with the credit system and whatnot. Just give them a longer cooldown than normal or something.
4) not sold on the idea of star cards taking prioritization over traditional class roles (i.e. cycler rifle being a substitute for the sharpshooter, bacta healing thing a medic, scatter gun the engineer's shotgun etc.)

at least it looks pretty and they nailed the battlefront gunplay
There's a surprising amount of people here under the same mentality, which makes me feel like a weirdo because the bigger modes are still my favorite gametypes.

There's a surprising amount of people here under the same mentality, which makes me feel like a weirdo because the bigger modes are still my favorite gametypes.

Idk I enjoyed blasting away bots for hours in Conquest in BF1 and 2 so maybe I just have a knack for mindless Star Wars slaughter but yeah, I thought I'd enjoy Supremacy, Turning Point and Walker Assault the most but compared to Battlefield/Classic Battlefront Conquest they're lacking in map design, balance and vehicle placement among other things that make me prefer Blast.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I think it's probably all dependent on what I was looking for with Battlefront. I mean, of course I like fair, balanced, and fun matches but I guess one of my main motivations for picking the game up on sale was because I was looking for the feeling of being "in Star Wars" and win or lose, the game delivers on that expectation. Although, I totally would have preferred it in a single-player experience, the chaos and audio-visual impact of the larger modes was more than enough for me.

That's not to say there isn't any unbalanced shenanigans within this game that rustles my jimmies though.

PrankT

For me, Walker Assault and Supremacy are the best, followed by Drop Zone and Droid Run. Hero Hunt, Blast, and Fighter Squadron are modes I will never play. The rest are fun once in a while.

I think it's probably all dependent on what I was looking for with Battlefront. I mean, of course I like fair, balanced, and fun matches but I guess one of my main motivations for picking the game up on sale was because I was looking for the feeling of being "in Star Wars" and win or lose, the game delivers on that expectation. Although, I totally would have preferred it in a single-player experience, the chaos and audio-visual impact of the larger modes was more than enough for me.

That's not to say there isn't any unbalanced shenanigans within this game that rustles my jimmies though.
For me the map designs for the large modes completely overshadow the cool feeling of it being Star Wars-y. It's a shame but oh well. In addition the star cards system seems to work better for a smaller scale setting imo, kinda the polar opposite of Battlefield 4 where TDM is dominated by Assaults and the map design on anything other than Conquest is middling to straight up bad (most rush maps).

Ambitious

The bug that causes the wrong star card set name to be displayed in the spawn menu instead of the actually selected one still isn't fixed? So annoying.

By the way, the time between matches is way too long. The actual loading times are absolutely fine, but showing the points, the top players, your experience gains, your obtained credits, the Hutt contracts (even if you have already completed them) and also your personal stats all on separate screens is just ridiculous. And what's with all the annoying animations? Like, it doesn't just show all Hutt contracts at once, no, it fades them in one by one.

Are you getting killed by Thermal Detonators?

The Impact Grenade has been nerfed to require a direct impact to do any significant damage. The Thermal Detonator is on a time fuse from the moment you throw it so if arched correctly it can be used like a mortar and detonate right as it lands.

Oh, for some reason I assumed the only difference between them was that the IG explodes on impact while the TD is on a timer. So the IG is weaker? Well, that explains it.

Orcus

I wish you could skip straight to the loadout screen after a round.
Yeah, the post game screen is balls. I honestly can't think of any redeeming qualities about it. I hope it gets fixed, at least in the next version. I also hope it doesn't bleed over to Battlefield I design wise.

On another note, I'm really starting to enjoy turning point more and more. Even with unbalanced teams at least you make some progress.

How often do you guys buy out challenges? And is it a common glitch where one of your star cards are activated randomly without touching it on PS4?

PrankT

How often do you guys buy out challenges? And is it a common glitch where one of your star cards are activated randomly without touching it on PS4?
I didn't bother with challenges until I was already at max rank. It gave me a bunch of flying challenges that I never bothered with and didn't want to waste any time playing a style or mode I didn't like. That being said, change them whenever it gives you something that makes you want to kill yourself.

With regard to your second question, I've never seen that.

I buy out anything I won't get through normal play eventually. The game allows you to use the touchpad to activate star cards. I would always accidentally swipe on it and activate my cards and thought it was some kind of bug as well so it could just be that.

I buy out anything I won't get through normal play eventually. The game allows you to use the touchpad to activate star cards. I would always accidentally swipe on it and activate my cards and thought it was some kind of bug as well so it could just be that.

ugh yeah it's that, I had the same problem with shadow fall

is there an option to disable it?

Also is it possible to actually fail a hutt contract? finally what's wrong with droid run? I can never get in to a game, I assume it's just a shitty mode?

PrankT

I love Droid Run because anyone can win or lose at the end of the game. This is great if you are on a terrible team and know that you still have a chance to win if time runs out and you have 2 droids. However, it can drive you mad if your team is good and you end up with a loss due to losing the majority of droids at the last minute.

I would assume they will remove some of the randomness of winning and losing.

Ozorov

I love Droid Run because anyone can win or lose at the end of the game. This is great if you are on a terrible team and know that you still have a chance to win if time runs out and you have 2 droids. However, it can drive you mad if your team is good and you end up with a loss due to losing the majority of droids at the last minute.

I would assume they will remove some of the randomness of winning and losing.

I think they'll add some kind of tickets for the droids and let's say first to 100 points wins. If you're holding 2 droids you get 2 points for each 10th second etc.

Ambitious

It's mind-boggling how inconsistent my performance is in this game. In one match, I'm destroying the enemy team almost completely on my own, in the next one I barely hit anyone and end up with a K/D of 0.3 or something in that ballpark. It's just weird.

It's mind-boggling how inconsistent my performance is in this game. In one match, I'm destroying the enemy team almost completely on my own, in the next one I barely hit anyone and end up with a K/D of 0.3 or something in that ballpark. It's just weird.

Haha, that's basically me in every shooter I play. One moment I'm an one man army, the next I'm the biggest n00b of the game.

enewtabie

I played Droid run last night. It was me against 6 or 7 people. I went 11-12 and lost of course. How can you have a match with one person and another whole team.

Ozorov

Haha, that's basically me in every shooter I play. One moment I'm an one man army, the next I'm the biggest n00b of the game.

Me too. Played two games tonight in Supremacy. One I got like 10-9 and I also got to play as Greedo that game. The next game I went 29-3 without heroes/vehicles.

Kovet

So im pretty convinced Berserker needs a nerf. ever since i started using it my KD has been rising exponentially. pairing it with Adrenaline stim is just unfair.

Heres a blast game where i outslay the entire enemy team combined abusing Beserker. Just not balanced IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NtmzNn8XS0

And heres me rushing an Obj with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LoqxTKxkfA

Its too useful in pubs IMO. It seems like the first team who can get to trait level 3 can just go off and destroy the other team, although i havent been on the receiving end of it yet.

So im pretty convinced Berserker needs a nerf. ever since i started using it my KD has been rising exponentially. pairing it with Adrenaline stim is just unfair.

Heres a blast game where i outslay the entire enemy team combined abusing Beserker. Just not balanced IMO.

Its too useful in pubs IMO. It seems like the first team who can get to trait level 3 can just go off and destroy the other team, although i havent been on the receiving end of it yet.

Looks balanced to me

SHIP IT!

It isn't really useful in 40 player modes, but damn looks like it needs some balance in smaller modes.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I've been using the Scout trait as I don't have the Outer Rim and therefore adrenaline stim.

Now I'm wondering if I should equip Berserker...

Just had a 13 kill streak thanks to the Scout trait though, it's awfully fun hiding in plain sight as it seems everyone uses their radar otherwise. K/D is 1.07 now (should be higher but I started terribly in November).

Scout is underrated.

Ozorov

I've been using the Scout trait as I don't have the Outer Rim and therefore adrenaline stim.

Now I'm wondering if I should equip Berserker...

Just had a 13 kill streak thanks to the Scout trait though, it's awfully fun hiding in plain sight as it seems everyone uses their radar otherwise. K/D is 1.07 now (should be higher but I started terribly in November).

Scout is underrated.
I don't think scout is underrated. Deffo the most used trait, atleast by BF-gaf, since release.

Scout and Berserker are both the most used traits with a few people that like to use Bounty Hunter. Bodyguard is redundant now that Berserker T3 is the same thing plus damage. The other two traits are just bad.

my k/d is always negative in objective gametypes and always like 2.0 in blast lol

It's not possible to actually fail a hutt contract right?

Orcus

Scout and Berserker are both the most used traits with a few people that like to use Bounty Hunter. Bodyguard is redundant now that Berserker T3 is the same thing plus damage. The other two traits are just bad.
Bountyhunter can be money when you get to level three. Plus the extra pickups along the way don't hurt.

PrankT

I think level 3 of Survivalist and Berserker should swap with each other.

Nerf pulse canon to 99 damage on body shots and 100 for headshots.

Nerf bacta so you don't get super armor.

Nerf explosive shot so your weapon blows up and kills your character every time it's activated.

Nerf scan pulse to turn the game off whenever activated.

I think level 3 of Survivalist and Berserker should swap with each other.

Nerf pulse canon to 99 damage on body shots and 100 for headshots.

Nerf bacta so you don't get super armor.

Nerf explosive shot so your weapon blows up and kills your character every time it's activated.

Nerf scan pulse to turn the game off whenever activated.

I like the way you think....

Top Bottom