• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Ozorov

Our team has been working hard to bring new content to the battlefront and we wanted to share a special surprise with the community. From May 13th to May 15th, all players will have the chance to go hands-on with the maps, modes and heroes from our Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim content, free for a limited time.

All players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will be able to check out the four new Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim Maps. This includes all locations from Jabba's Palace and the Palace Garage on Tatooine, to the SoroSuub Refinery and Pipelines on Sullust. All players will also get to experience our new Outer Rim game mode, Extraction and earn the ability to play as Nien Nunb and Greedo.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/bat...social&cid=5230&ts=1463002690659&sf46260485=1

MrDaravon

Maybe a stupid question, but is cheating a thing on consoles? Playing on PS4, just had a match in Supremacy with a friend where some new player came into a fresh round on the other team and was glowing blueish (not a Personal Shield or anything) and just literally took no damage from blaster fire whatsoever. My friend was finally able to kill him once by doing melee damage to him, but the guy wound up going like 40-2 and completely stopped us from winning the game pretty much single-handedly. Also when he joined I saw a few other people also with the glowing blue-type thing but they took damage as normal.

Unrelated but getting kills with the Shock Pistol is almost always hilarious, especially when they're headshot kills and/or at range because they're low on health. It wound up screwing me more than it didn't, but I was running with it because of a 25 kill challenge and got it in two games, and it was always hilarious to walk around a corner and just pop some dude and one shot him.

MADGAME

^^The blue glow is Bacta Bomb. If it appeared the player wasn't taking damage, it is possible they were running a star card set up a with Berzerker and Stim, which assist with negating the effects of damage and boost damage output which allows quicker kills. There are a few scenarios where cheating is possible, but this doesn't sound like one of them.

I've noticed that the Bacta Bomb armor is fairly useless. It hasn't helped or hindered me. I thought it was an extra 100 points of health, it seems a lot less than that.

PrankT

I've noticed that the Bacta Bomb armor is fairly useless. It hasn't helped or hindered me. I thought it was an extra 100 points of health, it seems a lot less than that.
Bacta Bomb + level 3 Berserker is extremely ridiculous.

MrDaravon

Do Hero kills in Hero Hunt not count towards the Defeat X number of Heroes challenge? I got 3 kills in 2 games of Hero Hunt (the actual kill, not just the most damage) but none of them counted.

Edit: Wait, so I completed the Daily Challenge before time ran out on it, but time ran out on it while I was in the same match. I don't think I got credit for completing it, and now my Daily Challenge is completely blank with a it counting down until tomorrow. Are you fucking kidding me? I slogged through like a 25 minute Heroes v Villains match for this?

i literally just re-bought this today and i've run in to 4 invincible players already

I'm trying my best to change my opinion about this game but...

Orcus

i literally just re-bought this today and i've run in to 4 invincible players already

What platform? I've run into that Bug once on XBO. I thought of remembered it being in one of the patch notes though, anyone?

Never thought I'd see you in here lol

Anyway, something to do with not ejecting properly from vehicles.

A glitch, but I've ran into once since the last patch.

Ambitious

Weird, that does seem like a bug. I've never had that happen on XBone.

Really? It happened quite a few times to me. Usually, the match starts with an enemy team that's just half full. After a few minutes, in which they presumably wait for more players to join in, they leave, as no one actually joins. Then only my team is left, and one after another quits as well.

MrDaravon

Oh I'd been meaning to ask but what does the small number in the Uplink circle in Walker Assault mean (ex 1, 2, 3 etc)? As far as I can tell it's not correlating to the number of Y-Wings called in or anything like that, is it the number of allies at that location or something?

Also I have no goddamn idea how folks here consistently do well in Walker Assault lol. In Blast (? the 10v10 deathmatch mode) I do well and almost always go pretty positive, but in any of the objective gamemodes I usually go negative since I play to the objective which is fine, but then I'm also usually in the middle or lower of the scoreboard at the end which means I'm not getting objective points either >_>. Every once in a while I get a good streak of a timely Hero or vehicle power-up etc, but for the most part it seems to be a lot of me running for 20 seconds trying to get somewhere then dying, or then trying to play smart and defend and uplink but then no one shows up lol. Still enjoying the game and picking up the Season Pass since I have a friend I play with on a regular basis now, just wish I was better or at least more consistent in some of the modes.

It is the number of players who've selected the objective (by aiming at it and pressing square) as their primary objective. The one they are focusing on.

Always stay on the move. Never ADS. Manage your heat meter. Play in third person and use cover peaking. Stay out of the open. Don't take on large groups of enemies by yourself.

MrDaravon

It is the number of players who've selected the objective (by aiming at it and pressing square) as their primary objective. The one they are focusing on.

I....I didn't even know you could do that. ffs

Was all of this stuff covered in the tutorial thing? Maybe I should go do that again, didn't run through it again when I re-picked up the game a few days ago, maybe I should lol

5taquitos

I....I didn't even know you could do that. ffs

Was all of this stuff covered in the tutorial thing? Maybe I should go do that again, didn't run through it again when I re-picked up the game a few days ago, maybe I should lol

They added it post-release and no one knows that it's there :p

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Yeah I'm trying out the DLC for free and it seems like I'm not missing much from this pack

Personal Shield is really abused now.... half of a enemy team is running around with that Free out of Jail card... its getting annoying.

That thing need some changes.

Yeah I'm trying out the DLC for free and it seems like I'm not missing much from this pack

Yea really don't see any reason to buy a season pass for that content. They wanted season pass money, they needed to add alot more than some variations of maps, and the heroes are not much of an incentive at all.

Really needed much needed variety in settings, new player skins, options, and for fucks sake, some new vehicle variety.

Bespin DLC sounds nice for a change of setting, but again, it's likely going to just be nothing else new but new look for maps. Original battlefront had unique content for maps, unique vehicles, player skins, etc. And already announcing Battlefront 2, they ain't getting anymore money out of me.

Why should i change my entire loadouts because people are such pussys now and have to abuse everything?

It needs some changes...
How is it abuse if it's used as intended? If DICE really had metrics showing it was broken they wouldn't have fixed it to be used with the jumppack. Just because you don't have the skill to counter it doesn't mean it is abused or the people who use it are "pussies".

The Personal Shield is a skill tool, like almost every other charge card. Used right it can disorient the enemy, enable clutch objective play, enable rushing, and save life.

If you don't want to carry the tools they give you to counter it then try to get more headshots so you down enemies faster or be patient and wait for the shield to drop.

Why should i change my entire loadouts because people are such pussys now and have to abuse everything?

It needs some changes...
It's a counter..... I dislike the game and I think your complaint doesn't have much merit. Anyways Extraction is the slowest payload gametype I've ever played, not really a complaint just an observation.

Ambitious

Always stay on the move. Never ADS. Manage your heat meter. Play in third person and use cover peaking. Stay out of the open. Don't take on large groups of enemies by yourself.

I'm still not used to that. From time to time I do switch to third person to peek around corners, but for normal gameplay I prefer first person.

Carry the Scatter Gun, Cycler Rifle, Ion Grenade, or Ion Shot if it bothers you so much.

It bothers me so much that I use Scatter Gun and Ion Shot. However, Scatter Gun is a fun weapon and I mainly play WA so Ion Shot is extremely useful there.

5taquitos

Is it odd I prefer the smaller gametypes because I feel like the maps aren't just cobbled together with too-long sightlines?

The small modes are definitely a more focused experience, but the big maps aren't so bad once you get used to where the cover is and where enemies will be approaching from.

The small modes are definitely a more focused experience, but the big maps aren't so bad once you get used to where the cover is and where enemies will be approaching from.

I'll spend more time I guess, I'm also still not a fan of heroes and vehicles being tokens but whatcha gonna do. Also is the k/d ratio bugged in Fighter Squadron? I got 4 kills in a Tie Fighter but only one went towards my challenge.

5taquitos

I'll spend more time I guess, I'm also still not a fan of heroes and vehicles being tokens but whatcha gonna do. Also is the k/d ratio bugged in Fighter Squadron? I got 4 kills in a Tie Fighter but only one went towards my challenge.

Could be that you shot down 3 AI and 1 real person? That's the only thing I can think other than an actual bug.

Klocker

Nah, that's just balance

By artificially adding lag to faster players?

All of a sudden I am seeing people pop out of nowhere, see me before I see them, lose one v ones that I used to win... also have lost connection to EA servers and dropped form games for slow connection in last few days where I never had it happen once since day 1.

Have a fast connection and all seems great under testing

Top Bottom